Azoo's Rayman arts / fiction / game concepts

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

azoo
Lums Rouge
Tings: 60

Re: Azoo's Rayman arts / fiction / game concepts

Post by azoo »

Teensies are politically above the Fairies in importance as they direct responsibility of protecting the Lums, but they're not nearly as powerful as Fairies. I like to imagine they dangle their righteous positions above Fairies as a means of hiding how scared they are of being overthrown by them LOL. In regards of the population in 3 and Origins, I imagine there's way more creatures in the Glade than them, its just that they're the only ones convenient to gameplay so they appear often haha.

Also of course! Tily is definitely a Commonsprite. I'd like to say she's also a Phrys, since she's very similar to Ly, but she also has wings so who knows? Either way, she's definitely amongst them. I might give drawing her a shot soon.
PluMGMK
Estellia
Tings: 20420

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, politics! :mrgreen: "I am merely a humble civil servant, Minister :mrgreen:" I see where you're going with this!

Maybe some of the people of Phrys have wings and others don't? Or maybe they're born with wings and lose them when they grow older? I'm definitely looking forward to your Tily drawing anyway! :D
azoo
Lums Rouge

Post by azoo »

I'll draw Tily soon! But first: the mechanics of a new 3D Rayman.

I wanted to make gameplay that feels like a solid evolution of 1-3 as well as incorporating Origins/Legends moves. Tell me what you think!

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 578635

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's a very complete gameplay, though arguably a bit complex! It would definitely take some time to master. One thing I'm a bit worried about is the wall jump: in a 3D game, it might be tricky to find a good way of dealing with the camera for those.
azoo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:42 am I'd love to! But I also am not sure where to start, haha. Maybe if I can garner some interest around here, something can happen? Not sure where else to reach in the Rayman community, to be honest.
A 3D game is usually no small project, but this is probably the best place to gauge interest and have people join the project if they feel like it. You might want to check out Rayman Polokurse, a 2D game project being worked on at the moment: this should give you an idea of the kind of cool stuff the community can come up with. :)
hoodlumsworld
Reine Ptizêtre
Tings: 4905

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Very nice! I just wonder, is it important that crouching and ducking be different actions?
azoo
Lums Rouge

Post by azoo »

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:34 am That's a very complete gameplay, though arguably a bit complex! It would definitely take some time to master. One thing I'm a bit worried about is the wall jump: in a 3D game, it might be tricky to find a good way of dealing with the camera for those.
The scheme might seem complex due to the amount of moves, but I think of it like 3D Mario in that you won’t need every move, but having them enriches the gameplay and what you could do in it. Otherwise it follows the same structure as Rayman 1: run, jump, punch, sprint and crouch (plus strafe), and as long as you know those functions exist the rest should come to you naturally as you play it out, since it’s just me answering what Ray does when you crouch while jumping, punch while sprinting, et cetera.

As for the wall jump, though, yeah I can see that being the least useful / necessary of anything here in a 3D space. Although I can see it having its purposes in areas with a fixed camera, so there’s no question what angle you’re approaching a wall from in one of those.
azoo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:42 am I'd love to! But I also am not sure where to start, haha. Maybe if I can garner some interest around here, something can happen? Not sure where else to reach in the Rayman community, to be honest.
A 3D game is usually no small project, but this is probably the best place to gauge interest and have people join the project if they feel like it. You might want to check out Rayman Polokurse, a 2D game project being worked on at the moment: this should give you an idea of the kind of cool stuff the community can come up with. :)
Oh for sure! Polokurse looks great. I’d be down to do a call for people on this, if it’s considered acceptable to do so. Though I may need some time to pitch together a plot so that the concept isn’t just “let’s make a game” haha.
hoodlumsworld wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 pm Very nice! I just wonder, is it important that crouching and ducking be different actions?
Oh not at all, they’re very much the same! I just wanted to point out it’s usefulness in fights. :D
PluMGMK
Estellia
Tings: 20420

Post by PluMGMK »

azoo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:09 pm The scheme might seem complex due to the amount of moves, but I think of it like 3D Mario in that you won’t need every move, but having them enriches the gameplay and what you could do in it. Otherwise it follows the same structure as Rayman 1: run, jump, punch, sprint and crouch (plus strafe), and as long as you know those functions exist the rest should come to you naturally as you play it out, since it’s just me answering what Ray does when you crouch while jumping, punch while sprinting, et cetera.
Makes sense. Like Humch, I thought it all looked rather overwhelming, but now you put it that way it sounds a lot more reasonable. Really well thought out! :up:
Aaron
Space Mama
Tings: 73520

Post by Aaron »

Overall, very interesting gameplay mechanics, love these! :up: