Multi's Rayman engine

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Re: Multi's Rayman engine

Post by GOT4N »

ALT+F4 = debug mode win :D
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Yes but don't forget to delete your system32 folder before doing so or your won't be able to access it. Also, pull the power plug from your PC beforehand. It will want to run diagnostics with limited power supply cycling around in its circuits.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Multimagyar
Lums Jaune
Tings: 150

Post by Multimagyar »

ssssuuuuuuuurrrreeee thanks for the useful tips. :roll:
anyway I updated it don't expect much but it did change deep inside which might going to cause rayman flashing sometimes I'll see what I can do about it.
also seeds and things you might want to see yourself.
Download
before I forget. When you can plant seeds you do it with "X". It is changeable in the ini file included but I did have some reason to why not include it in the settings yet to change it. The other thing in the ini file you will be already able to force the application surface back to the original size aka the size of the view.
I didn't include it in the setting yet purely just because it still can cause some bugs I'll have to look into. But until then have fun with it. Mapper and Builder included but they are as much user friendly as lions to humans that are wild. Also they use GM8 now so random FPS drops may happen.
mapper fuction buttons:
left and right mouse button
F4 for compile

//you CAN copy from the items you already built from the tileset including the mask you placed on it. Defaulty the masks are not included to the tileset

builder:
delete
left and right mouse button
p on objects for more settings.
F4 for compiling

//note that there must be a Rayman placed on the level I don't think the main game would return with an error but it is a possibilty also since this is my first level editor it might still have bugs and since the previous project could use external musics in it that section can be buggy and may or may not return an error in the beggining which can be ignored, and cary on. I'll have to fix these soon as it possible.

//also there might be an interface option for compiling but the interface options are somewhat unsafe so for now you might want to use the F4 key if you try to do something.

The level to be in the game must have both, lvl and obj file in the level folder to be able to read it if only one of them present the game will ignore it. Powers already setable YET because of the un-user-friendly environment they have to be edited in the file the editor cannot do a thing about it. Power settings are marked with -3 and should be the very first line in the .obj file. I'll might going to make a composer program for it in case you don't want people to have access to the source files

Sorry for the inconvience of the level editor I promise there will be a more user friendly version as soon as possible.

btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC-PMq1 ... n36KgftkNw
I had fun...
Lizee <3
Créature maléfique
Tings: 300

Post by Lizee <3 »

Good job dude !
All hail king Comment ?!
Multimagyar
Lums Jaune

Post by Multimagyar »

Thanks.
I just found my ooooown bug. Yay?
Also I forgot to mention.
now it somewhat more Rayman Gold/designer like.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

This is a bit of a bump, but do you mind if I use the sprites from this for an engine I'm making? It takes a lot of time managing to get them from the game.
Raymanni
Carnivora
Tings: 12835

Post by Raymanni »

RibShark wrote:This is a bit of a bump, but do you mind if I use the sprites from this for an engine I'm making? It takes a lot of time managing to get them from the game.
This might help you, if you want the exact same animations as in the original game;
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tehrunescap ... topic=1372
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Raymanni wrote:
RibShark wrote:This is a bit of a bump, but do you mind if I use the sprites from this for an engine I'm making? It takes a lot of time managing to get them from the game.
This might help you, if you want the exact same animations as in the original game;
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Tehrunescap ... topic=1372
Thanks! That looks like it will be helpful. EDIT: It works with most sprites, but some (such as Betilla) are coming out as a mess of pixels.
Multimagyar
Lums Jaune

Post by Multimagyar »

You could but there is a bit of a problem there, the engine does not use actuall sprites but bodyparts that eventually makes into animation by a script. Which is kind of outdated. But the source code is open as it is in this state so feel free.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

of Key Press Event for <Enter> Key
for object object137:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.room20(100428, -1)
at gml_Object_object137_KeyPress_13
############################################################################################
I've found a game bug.