Thank You For Playing Rayman (Creepypasta)

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Re: Thank You For Playing Rayman (Creepypasta)

Post by PluMGMK »

Aren't custom tiles a feature of ReDesigner?

Anyway, after (over!)thinking this for a while, my interpretation of the story is that Rayman's universe "glitched" inside the narrator's computer, and transposed the characters and locations of Rayman 1 into a time during or after Rayman 2. That explains why Zaroff by then had captured Space Mama, why all the cake had putrefied, and the Pirate invasion would be responsible for the junk and toxic waste, and for the darker tone due to the destruction of the Heart. It would also explain the reference to Polokus, and if reflected in this universe, the fact that the game was a native Windows EXE instead of a DOS one. In fact, if Rayman was suddenly transported in time, he wouldn't have been able to stop the Pirate invasion when he did, so it's possible it's in a much more advanced stage by the time all this happens.

I guess it doesn't explain why about half the characters seem to be on drugs (as pointed out by a comment on the above YouTube video) – maybe the implication is that they were on drugs in Rayman 1, but should have been rehabilitated before Rayman 2! :fou:

I wish THEdragon were still here so she could confirm or refute my theory. :oops2: Maybe she'll come by again soon.
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

PluMGMK wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:36 pm Aren't custom tiles a feature of ReDesigner?
Nope, you have custom backgrounds, custom skin & fist, custom music but no custom tiles :hap:
You can use a custom background to get a impression of custom tiles, but only for very short maps:

It isn't possible for big maps because the background doesn't move at the same speed with tiles.
So, for example, it's impossible to make "The Frozen World" in ReDesigner :oops:
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

That's a very odd design choice, given that custom tiles are one of the easiest things to put in place in the original Designer. :?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:25 pm That's a very odd design choice, given that custom tiles are one of the easiest things to put in place in the original Designer. :?
Maybe the palette can be hacked as well? :noel:
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40788

Post by dr_st »

PluMGMK brought this pasta to my attention in another thread, and boy am I glad to have read it! It's one super-amazing creepypasta which successfully integrates the traditional canonical elements of the genre with the Rayman world. A truly great achievement, thank you, THEdragon! :bigup:

One thing was deeply, deeply troubling me while reading it.
THEdragon wrote: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:29 pm When I went to the cave level, RUN_MONST, there was really nothing I could do in it without Rayman being able to jump or punch so I left it pretty soon afterwards, since the exit sign was working again for these levels.
How could you have done it without jumping, since the exit sign for RUN_MONST is on a raised platform??? :shock:
THEdragon wrote: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:29 pm Image
I imagine this must have been the one final effort Rayman was able to pull off, in his sick and injured state, to hoist himself up to that exit sign. No wonder he lost all strength at the beginning of the Mr. Dark Level, before Betilla healed him!
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

How did I not find out about this earlier! This is really well made. Thank you THEdragon for writing this... and dr_st for bumping the topic. 😁
CaptainBoj
Feuillu
Tings: 1615

Post by CaptainBoj »

omg I love this, gives me good nostalgic vibes and I'm amazed i didn't see it sooner

Love the custom sprite work :D
Image Image Image
Blinkies in my sig are made by me
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40788

Post by dr_st »

mista bojjob wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:29 am omg I love this, gives me good nostalgic vibes and I'm amazed i didn't see it sooner
The funny thing for me is that if I had seen it at the time it was created, I would not have appreciated it as much, cause I wasn't aware of the creepypasta scene back then. :)
MisterDark'sFanClub
Céloche
Tings: 7890

Post by MisterDark'sFanClub »

I'm glad to see this creepypasta is still getting recognition. It was one of my faves!
"You're fragile, too. But at least you can be put back together." ~Mr. Dark (Shadows of Magic AU)
Barakon
Lums Noir
Tings: 60

Post by Barakon »

I love this story so much I wanna make a reading of it for my channel! Btw, I think that Rayman is a more fitting franchise than Gojira when it comes to the concept of manifesting surreal horror from someone's mind. For it is in it of itself a surreal abstract art piece; Just like ENA! :hinhinhin: