DREAMBOUND - Bound to the dream of releasing before 2037

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Re: DREAMBOUND - Rewriting (15%)

Post by Shrooblord »

It's very, very atmospheric and just beautiful. The fact that you rushed it gives it a specific 'unfinished' or 'rough' look that suits the style really well. I can't even begin to describe how pretty the subtle lighting and details look. Suffice it to say this is true eye-candy.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

What Shooblord said. For a rushed image, I'm not sure how you managed to make it so powerful. Do you have a small library or page of all your concept arts so far?

Also, I'm making that image my brand new iPad's wallpaper.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

This is awesome! I like the shiny pile of shit in the background :wink:
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

Dammit.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I remember stalking this game when it used to be called Eclipse, it's come a looong way since then.
As for the picture, it is truly magnificent, what Shroobie said stands true.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Shrooblord wrote:It's very, very atmospheric and just beautiful. The fact that you rushed it gives it a specific 'unfinished' or 'rough' look that suits the style really well. I can't even begin to describe how pretty the subtle lighting and details look. Suffice it to say this is true eye-candy.
Thanks! I always try to make my pictures as atmospheric as possible. For me, atmosphere is at the center of any game experience, even in simple text-based games or games focusing purely on the gameplay, like Mario. Atmosphere is also what Rayman needs at the moment, IMO.
I'm also kinda glad I found a nice drawing style that doesn't take that much time/work to look awesome :P
RayFan9876 wrote:What Shooblord said. For a rushed image, I'm not sure how you managed to make it so powerful. Do you have a small library or page of all your concept arts so far?

Also, I'm making that image my brand new iPad's wallpaper.
Haha, awesome, thanks :D
Well yes actually I do have something like that, but unfortunately I can't show it to anyone because it spoils the entire game. I'm putting all of the concept art into the script document though. So you'll be able to see it... sometime in the future.
The ones you can see though are just in the last couple of pages. I'll update the first post whenever there's bigger news and then I'll add the pictures so far to it too.
Rulez wrote:This is awesome! I like the shiny pile of shit in the background :wink:
Haha, so you noticed it despite my attempt at not making it look like one (the two vertical strokes) xD
Thanks!
saerleiya wrote:Dammit.
Yes, damn it all! :P
Master4lyf1 wrote:I remember stalking this game when it used to be called Eclipse, it's come a looong way since then.
As for the picture, it is truly magnificent, what Shroobie said stands true.
Except for the protagonist and the creator (myself), it's really completely different now. A lot better too - at least I'll hope you will think so too :D
Thanks!

So anyway, the area is Aeropolis. You can still see the typical building structure and even the pipe that Rayman and the gang used to look through to see what Inspector Grub was doing. But as Dreambound takes place hundreds of years after the Rayman games/series, the place is now in ruins and has completely changed. It is Ancient Aeropolis now.
Neo-Aeropolis is the new city, where witches (try to) sing in operas, where people believe that there might be other gods than Polokus, where the "Pirate-Community" bar has its home, where you can book flights to a villa in outer space, where a pale little girl waits for the one who will lead her to a gloomy place that she saw in a vision, and where rumours circulate about a mysterious astronomer living just out of town...
Yes, Aeropolis is a very nice place. ^^
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

How's it coming along, Droolie? :)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Very nicely actually - apart from the script I'm also preparing something quite incredible. I'm pretty sure I will be able to start showing screenshots again this summer. :)
The writing is still taking a lot of time (as I want to have everything written, down to the last detail) but I'm also confident I will be able to send a finished (and huge!) script to those who applied for it this summer. :D
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Drolpiraat wrote:I'm preparing something quite incredible.
Is that right? Well then, I'll be even more eagerly awaiting your progress! ;)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Re: DREAMBOUND - Rewriting (20%)

Post by Adsolution »

Great, Drol! :) I'm eager to see what's coming up.
Last edited by Adsolution on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

This is most exciting indeed, looking forward to it!
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Adsolution wrote:Great, Drol! :)
You haven't even the foggiest of what kind of childish chuckling you just aroused in me.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Shrooblord wrote:You haven't even the foggiest of what kind of childish chuckling you just aroused in me.
Yes, I do actually. That's why I've been calling him 'Drol' for the last year.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Oh, there's no reason to get excited yet - I've chosen to remain silent about Dreambound until I have things (not concept art) to show again, so I'll only tell you more this summer. There's probably not going to be any news until then... but the news is going to be big when the time comes. ;)
Adsolution wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:You haven't even the foggiest of what kind of childish chuckling you just aroused in me.
Yes, I do actually. That's why I've been calling him 'Drol' for the last year.
Glad to hear my 10 year old self's username still has that kind of effect. :P
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Drolpiraat wrote:Oh, there's no reason to get excited yet - I've chosen to remain silent about Dreambound until I have things (not concept art) to show again, so I'll only tell you more this summer.
Progress is enough to be excited about. :>
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

I figured I hadn't posted anything for a while so here we go.

I've been feeling very musical lately, so while I'm still doing my best to get the script finished sometime within the next five years, here's some music I recently wrote for Dreambound: https://soundcloud.com/byvar/dreambound_teensies
It's not completely finished (well it is, but knowing myself I'll probably update it in the future), but it's definitely great as a little preview.

For those who didn't know, here's the rest of the tracks I've uploaded (I have far more that I won't publish... yet): http://byvar.newgrounds.com/audio/
Most tracks from 2010 or before will be remade. The music I composed in 2011 was actually for a different game idea that I scrapped in favour of Dreambound, but "Lavender Strolls", "Safe and Sound", "The Witch's Clumsiness", "Bewitching Battle" and possibly "Green's Rage" will be used in Dreambound.

Well, that's all I can show for now. I'll have the script (possibly) and something else (probably) in summer. ^^
Raymanni
Carnivora
Tings: 12835

Post by Raymanni »

Oh my god. This is just absolutely amazing. I did not know you were still working on with this project. I'm really looking forward to the future. :D
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

This music, especially your latest track is absolutely gorgeous! There's so much soul and power, especially behind the bass drum and the little piano trails at the very end/beginning of every other bar. Most importantly of all, there's so much atmosphere. If there were an amount of atmosphere one could only handle in their lifetime, this game would have me gasping for one final breath.

I've been thinking about it, and I'll also be remaking a lot of music from my own game as well to have that same kind of atmosphere... a lot of it was written out of excitement, and when I listen to wonderful tracks like these, I remember how much better they could have been had I put the thought into them. :mryellow:
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Droolie, I listened to your music "The Last of the Teensies" and I really like it. It feels so sad, but yet it gives a feeling of solitaryness you know. :D Looking forward for more things!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Wow.
Honestly, I have to admire your dedication, and I can't wait to see how this all comes together, in the meantime, nice work as always.