Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Re: Rayman: The Dark Maigician's Reign of Terror! *RELEASED*

Post by RayCarrot »

Downloaded it now and playing the first level. So far I think it's absolutely fantastic! The only complaints are the ones mentioned before such as not being able to grab on to things and I also get a bit confused when you need to hold down the jump button to glide as I'm used to just pressing once, other than that it's fantastic :)

Edit: Wow, now I noticed some of the Rayman 2 2D prototype object and that is fantastic!
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

The comments around here made me interested. I shall try to download and play this once school gives me more oxygen. I'm full of carbon dioxide right now.
Raymanni
Carnivora
Tings: 12835

Post by Raymanni »

Haruka wrote:The comments around here made me interested. I shall try to download and play this once school gives me more oxygen. I'm full of carbon dioxide right now.
I wish you luck. With the oxygen of course... :P
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

I hope save state will be added to this fan game.
Raymanni
Carnivora

Post by Raymanni »

gamerz31w wrote:I hope save state will be added to this fan game.
Sorry, it's meant to be hard. :P Besides, I'm done with this game, I will only be updating it if there are bugs that prevent you from playing.
I have other projects in mind already.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Excuse me awesome 2d side scroller for nostalgic graphics is these any save data/save state which is working?I played that game and it seems save game progress is like playing sega genesis games when you press "reset" you have to play game again from beginning to end(it was only in 90's).Metaphorically today we have special accessories to load game state.
Raymanni
Carnivora

Post by Raymanni »

You can save in the map, but save states like in emulators where you can save in every point you want aren't optional in the game, if that's what you mean. Or are you saying that saving is not working for you at all? I know there were some problems with saving in the demo, but they were fixed.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

well demo has some sort of save state import,but demo and full version have different locations.
Raymanni
Carnivora

Post by Raymanni »

gamerz31w wrote:well demo has some sort of save state import,but demo and full version have different locations.
Indeed. The full version saves in the same folder where the .exe is. :)
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

when i'm saving in-game in prison overwold/hub world and quit game everything is set up to reset the whole game like in video game from first to fourth generation of video game consoles.
Last edited by gamerz31w on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucky3
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1280

Post by lucky3 »

Hey i've juste played the first levels tonight, very good i like it!
I second the fist time is a little too long. And I miss the hang feature. But very nice, looking forward finishing the game now :-)
Raymanni
Carnivora

Post by Raymanni »

lucky3 wrote:Hey i've juste played the first levels tonight, very good i like it!
I second the fist time is a little too long. And I miss the hang feature. But very nice, looking forward finishing the game now :-)
Thank you! :wink:
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

can you explain me how this "emulation" of save stating works?Because trial version and full game works like Lock-On technology not like loading "virtual" state like in old sega,atari and nintendo consoles from past when 2d platformers were very popular.
anaphasiia
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3495

Post by anaphasiia »

The main menu music is hilarious. :lol:

I think you should try making the camera like it is from Rayman, instead of it being so basic, just precisely following the character. It's not often a fangame actually comes out, finished, so it would be really nice to see the finished game be as polished as possible!

One other thing: The walk cycle is jittery, and I see this a lot on Rayman fangames. It makes me think each frame in the animation the sprite is centered, instead of being in a position relative to where it was in the frame before.

(Did that make sense? I had trouble writing that one out.)

Good job over all though! I like the direction.
Raymanni
Carnivora

Post by Raymanni »

anaphasiia wrote:I think you should try making the camera like it is from Rayman, instead of it being so basic, just precisely following the character. It's not often a fangame actually comes out, finished, so it would be really nice to see the finished game be as polished as possible!

One other thing: The walk cycle is jittery, and I see this a lot on Rayman fangames. It makes me think each frame in the animation the sprite is centered, instead of being in a position relative to where it was in the frame before.
I agree with both of these. I just didn't think of the camera features before, but it's still possible to be implemented it afterwards if I wanted to. I'm actually using the more smoother camera with my current platformers. :)
I struggled a lot with the walking cycle when I made it, it doesn't sync with the ground and it's indeed still not perfect, but I'll just leave it be for now, I don't have any plans to do any changes to the game anymore.
gamerz31w wrote:can you explain me how this "emulation" of save stating works?Because trial version and full game works like Lock-On technology not like loading "virtual" state like in old sega,atari and nintendo consoles from past when 2d platformers were very popular.
In emulators you can save whenever and wherever you want, but in this game you can only save at the savepoints. The full version just doesn't ask the name of the file like the demo version did. :wink:
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

When I select "Play" and I want to load save data it says "SAVE DATA NOT FOUND!".It's sad fact.I don't force you to fix load/save game,but it could be a big relief.
Raymanni
Carnivora

Post by Raymanni »

gamerz31w wrote:When I select "Play" and I want to load save data it says "SAVE DATA NOT FOUND!".It's sad fact.I don't force you to fix load/save game,but it could be a big relief.
Oh, well I don't know what's causing it. It works for me and you are the first one to report that the saving is not working. What's your os?
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Windows 8.1
Raymanni
Carnivora

Post by Raymanni »

gamerz31w wrote:Windows 8.1
Hmm, I think it worked for me when I tested it on W8.1. Are you running the game from an external hardware and are you running as administrator?
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

You mean informations about my pc(graphics card and proccessor) and "Run as Administrator"?It's no use.I tried it,but without hope.