I made a Rayman timeline!

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
WIIgeek
Moine
Tings: 550

I made a Rayman timeline!

Post by WIIgeek »

I got bored so I made this Rayman timeline. This was both thought of and created in a time span of three hours at midnight, so please excuse the shoddy quality.

Raymanni
Carnivora
Tings: 12835

Re: I made a Rayman timeline!

Post by Raymanni »

The idea that Rayman didn't beat the Rabbids because he was a retiree is hilarious. :lol:
Tunderous
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 930

Rayman Timeline

Post by Tunderous »

I feel like I should make a timeline for Raymans games, I dont really know why. Anyways, I feel like Rayman Origins should go first because that was when Rayman was shown being made. Rayman Legends should go second because, well its right after origins game-wise. I feel like Rayman's goal of the whole games is to lose his hair. This is where the rest of the timeline comes in. Rayman 3 would go third for losing some hair. Then Rayman 1 then 2 for the same reasons.

i want to kill myself
ImageImage if your seeing this im prob dead again
Keane wrote:VERY FAST POSTER EARNING TINGS AT INCREDIBLE HIGH SPEED
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Rayman Timeline

Post by Master »

Rayman Origins' was indeed initially a prequel, but that was dropped by the time it was released. Rayman's creation is elaborated upon, but it's pretty clear it's a past incident. Given also the fact that the Magician clearly betrays Rayman, turns evil, and then splits into the five dark Teensies. And also the fact that Polokus/Bubble Dreamer is awake, the UbiArt games have to take place after Rayman 1 and 2 at the earliest.

Rayman 3 doesn't directly call back to R1 and R2 in its plot, but Globox does call back to Rayman 2 with one of his fourth wall jokes, and the 2D Madness game clearly notes how Rayman 1 took place when " Rayman remembers being a kid, when everything was in 2D."
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

As for all main series games, they take place in the order they were released. I'm not sure about RRR though, since from what I've heard Origins takes place after R3. As for the spin-offs, they don't really make much sense in the timeline at all. R3 GBA is a complete mess story wise, basically mixing the plot of R2 and R3 together. Although Razorbeard does mention he wants to get revenge on Rayman, so it's clearly after R2. As for RRR GBA, it has a completely different backstory for the Rabbids. RHR GBA could very well fit in after R3 though. R1 GBC could basically fit in whenever I guess as the revenge of Mr Dark, and R2 GBC could simply be a different version of the events from R2 (like the PS1 version of R2, considering that one only had 800 Lums which changes the entire backstory etc.).
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

WIIgeek made a Rayman timeline a few days ago. The timeline is ordered by release date.

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I find it strange that the misconception that Rayman Origins is a prequel is still floating around after all these years.

Also I know I seem to be in a minority, but I don't believe Ales split himself into five. He died in the explosion, then Polokus's nightmares were haunted by his memory, which multiplied just like all the other nightmares.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

I thought that Mansay survived from the explosion, and he multiplied himself into 5 of the Dark Teensies. I could be wrong, but the heroes survived from the explosion, so there was a good chance that Ales somehow survived.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I don't know, the very first time I played, I just naturally thought the five Teensies were nightmares, because they were in bubbles and the narrator had just mentioned that the nightmares were multiplying.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm pretty sure Ales died in Origins and that the five Teensies in Legends are simply the Bubble Dreamers nightmares of him. That's at least always been my conception of the story and it would make the most sense. About multiplying, I believe it's simply the "nightmares" which are multiplying, which would probably just mean there are now more enemies in the world than usual.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ales and the Dark Teensies is rather vague, it could really go either way, in all honesty.
Мaster
Mouru
Tings: 3501

Post by Мaster »

Indeed, could go either way.
Μaster
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5661

Post by Μaster »

Meh, I much prefer Rayman.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Holy shit. That timeline is so good. The Education/Rabbids timeline cracks me up. I love it.

Personally though I'd argue every game takes place in the same timeline and there are no branching paths, but if Ubisoft suddenly came out and officiated that image, I wouldn't be upset.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Hahahaha this is top quality. I love the INTENSE EDUCATION TIMELINE (also because name). Ditto on what Raymanni said.

I love how elaborate this is, yet, it seems to make sense.

Where would you put Rayman 2 GBC? Mr. Dark returns to wreak havoc and Ray's gotta save the world from him yet again. Also, [Mr. D dies. Quite horribly.] Spoilers.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
nr0r
Crapaud blindé
Tings: 16858

Post by nr0r »

Y'know, going on from that other thread on where the heck everything is, and considering the manual in 2, you can consider Rayman GBC a rewrite of Rayman 1. It places him in a very Rayman 2 version of The Valley, practically making it like The Glade instead. It just seems like an attempt to make things flow and be coherent for a second or so.

Tunderous wrote: How would we know if you have a husband? Your gender isnt shown. :mrgreen:
[1:02 AM] Chloë/Adsolution/Krawielicki?: lilith= if she took up any space shed be a waste of it
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

So maybe the manual was actually referring to the GBC game? Interesting idea… Very interesting! If we took that as a furtive retcon, could that make the entire series hang together?
Well, maybe not. Betilla and the Magician aren't in the GBC version are they?

Also Shroob we installed proper spoiler tags in your absence! ;)
nr0r
Crapaud blindé

Post by nr0r »

No they are not, HOWEVER, this is easily solved with good 'ol Rayman Origins! They return after that possible retcon of Rayman 1, finally making some more sense to the new world and lore they're in! ... Potentially.

Tunderous wrote: How would we know if you have a husband? Your gender isnt shown. :mrgreen:
[1:02 AM] Chloë/Adsolution/Krawielicki?: lilith= if she took up any space shed be a waste of it
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I don't know, didn't the materials surrounding Origins say that they were people Rayman had known since the beginning?
nr0r
Crapaud blindé

Post by nr0r »

Now see, that's the main issue. It was a nice start, though. I'm sure it could still be worked around or something.