Rayman Redemption

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Rayman Redemption

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:48 pm Yes, it's possible to do it without cheats! Altough, it's very hard (especially around the beginning as it requires some very precise jumps) and I'm not sure if it's possible to do it without taking damage since you have to go in the spikes to reach some platforms.
Anyway, I went back into the levels without cheats and recorded it to prove you can do it! :mryellow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P_vxtTpa7E
This looks like a daunting and overly punitive task, glad you recorded it because I would never try it myself. :P
Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:48 pm I mean, how could a bug create a giant Michel Ancel head trying to eat Rayman? :fou2:
I knew my message would sound confusing. :lol: Let me rephrase that: I thought that being able to climb to the top of the screen with invisible ledges was the result of a bug, and that it was just a shortcut to the next section, which contains the Ancel head, and even if I did not remember that head from my playthrough, I just assumed I'd forgotten about it, like I do about a lot of stuff. :lol:
Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:48 pm But be ready, because it’s about 12 hours long in total … and as expected from Ryemanni, it’s more 10 hours of memes and screaming and 2 hours of actual trivia. :hap:
Yeah, right... I think I'll pass then, and stick to your insightful summary instead. :mrgreen:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I watched Pink Plant Woods last night, kinda intending to watch the rest over the next few days... But maybe Humch has the right idea here :hap:

Actually I was intrigued by the remark that Demise only makes the beginning harder. Maybe I should try it after all!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 pm This looks like a daunting and overly punitive task, glad you recorded it because I would never try it myself. :P
It’s not that hard honestly, it just takes some minutes to figure out the whole path and the checkpoint isn’t too far at least.
But I really don’t expect anyone to find about this without fooling around with cheat codes or by being curious enough to make dozens of jumps over the large hole at the end.
Although, if this had been already implemented in past versions of the game, I would have found it since I already tried the infinite helicopter cheat as it sounded like a very obvious area to hide something. One year later, I finally get to see the GLOBOX himself. :noel:
Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:48 pm I mean, how could a bug create a giant Michel Ancel head trying to eat Rayman? :fou2:
I knew my message would sound confusing. :lol: Let me rephrase that: I thought that being able to climb to the top of the screen with invisible ledges was the result of a bug, and that it was just a shortcut to the next section, which contains the Ancel head, and even if I did not remember that head from my playthrough, I just assumed I'd forgotten about it, like I do about a lot of stuff. :lol:
Oh, OK, that makes a lot more sense now! Sorry for misunderstanding. :mryellow:

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:56 pm Actually I was intrigued by the remark that Demise only makes the beginning harder. Maybe I should try it after all!
I still haven’t played Demise, but from what I hear all the time that’s pretty much correct. Once you get more life points, the rest of the game should become barely harder than the other modes.

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:48 pm But be ready, because it’s about 12 hours long in total … and as expected from Ryemanni, it’s more 10 hours of memes and screaming and 2 hours of actual trivia. :hap:
Yeah, right... I think I'll pass then, and stick to your insightful summary instead. :mrgreen:
I am exaggerating just a bit, but I perfectly understand, it’s quite a lot to digest and Ryemanni has... quite the loud personality. :hap:
Personally, I’m just using it as background noise while I’m doing other things...

Here’s a big summary of most things I’ve heard so far:
-Ryemanni won’t ever make another major Rayman fangame (although "shitpost" games like Bowling 2 or The Spooky Raymansion are not impossible). Not because Ryemanni is tired of making them (as he’s actually always having fun when working on games ["That's what keeps him going"], even though ReDesigner was a bit boring to work with as it’s mostly technical stuff), but because he simply doesn’t want to spend more years of his life just making fangames. From now on, he’s working on his own original game.
-There are no more updates for Redemption. StOp AsKiNg!!!
-A lot of missing features (Rayman doing the "balancing" animation when riding a plum going fast, some missing variants for entities like the monks, dialogues in ReDesigner, etc.), are mostly due to either Ryemanni being too lazy or too forgetful to add them.
-Most major changes (mostly regarding the powers and the bosses) are mostly due to Ryemanni wanting to spice up the formula for veterans of the original game. A lot of changes are also explained by the fact that he wanted to do what he likes with his game.
-Ryemanni is very proud of the "Redemption" name, as he wanted something with only one word in the subtitle (unlike The Dark Magician’s Reign of Terror overly long title) and thinks it’s perfect to have a "re" in the word (as a reference to "remake" or "reimagining") and as it’s fitting to "redeem" Rayman 1 (in the eyes of people who found it too hard).
-Ryemanni doesn’t want to implement custom skins in Redemption as "it defeats the purpose of unlocking the regular ones"...
-Ryemanni strictly refused to implement the Rabbids into the game (yes... some people asked... for some reason...). The Rabbids cheat codes which make a "NO" message appear are a response to that.
-Ryemanni couldn’t replicate the rings’ physics no matter how hard he tried and he is not proud of it.
-Another Livingstone was planned and even had a complete sprite. It was supposed to be an even smaller Livingstone with a grumpy look and it was supposed to be the boss of these enemies.
-Darktoon’s voice is the same as Mr Dark but with a different pitch.
-In his original design, Darktoon was meant to wield a magic wand. While this wasn't brought up by Ryemanni, his staff looked nearly identical to the one used by the Dark Magician in Reign of Terror.
-The "Fight the Virus" texts were at not point meant to be a reference to coronavirus as Ryemanni thinks it’s wrong to reference recent real-life stuff in the game... And yet, this didn’t prevent Ubisoft from making Mr Dark say "coronavirus" backwards in Rayman Mini. :p
-The pink robot from the Rayman 2 2D project had a sprite made for it but it went unused.
-Rayman Redemption’s code is made of "spaghetti" as "a reference to the original game". :noel:
-The pink helpers got a new design after the demo as they didn’t look very good and mostly because many people thought the pink poles looked extremely phallic.
-A lot of early backtracking with the pink helpers is nearly useless. At the beginning, Ryemanni really wanted to add a lot of backtracking with them but he realised later that it wasn’t really interesting.
-Most themed platforms in each world (like the small cymbals) were added because Ryemanni thought it was weird to have clouds still being used in later parts of Rayman 1 even though there were some special platforms like the spiky red ones in the Caves of Skops.
-In earlier versions of the game, it was possible to fly below the first section of Mr Stone’s Peaks, which Ryemanni quickly fixed in updates.
-At the end of Eraser Plains, there are some pencils "having sex"... :oops:
-The design change for the cabin boys was explained by "not wanting to make some people feel uncomfortable while playing his game". Ryemanni still didn’t say anything about the huge opposition to this change, nor anything about the toxic behaviour of the person who requested the censorship.
-However, he did say he wasn’t proud of the new design for the cabin boys as he rushed it in about one day, but he likes how he remade them in ReDesigner (which is an opinion I fully agree with).
-The yin-yangs with spikes originally had a inverted sprite with a different expression, but it got unused as it didn’t look very good.
-A bit of level design in Art Block is copied from "fake gameplay" screenshots for the Atari Jaguar game.
-The new Space Mama boss is officially called "Roman Mama" (or "Romama").
-In this same boss fight, the soldiers were supposed to have a leaf around their crotch (which was even used on the statue). The shape of the leaf itself really looked like male genitals, which is why Ryemanni didn’t want to show it in the stream (but he did by accident :oops2: ).
-The wooden horse in the same boss was originally supposed to look different and used the same planks as in the environment for its textures.
-As noticed by many players (including me and some of the viewers on my bonus channel), some music tracks got a slight "Crash Bandicoot" feel to them, which wasn’t really unintentional as Ryemanni got into the N. Sane Trilogy around that time and kinda used it as an inspiration.
-Some boss fights like Darktoon 2 and 3, the Chessmaster and the Menace were changed because they were "too bad and too boring".
-As I suspected, the light fairy in a jar was supposed to be something you could pick up like the magic seed and other power-ups. It was scrapped since it had no real purpose as the levels that used it were already dark all the time.
-Before the stream, almost nobody found the Globox easter egg and nobody had shown it in videos.
-Joe’s tech is a reference to the alien tech from Reign of Terror.
-A second new world was supposed to be introduced in Redemption. It was meant to be beach-themed and to be similar to the Tropical Isle from Reign of Terror. It was quickly scrapped as Ryemanni didn’t want to make Redemption feel bloated like his previous fangame. I believe this may explain why the beach in Eat at Joe’s had many new tiles in its template.
-The Toy March is the song that suits the most Ryemanni style of music and so he initially didn’t notice it was too loud... DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-NUH-NUH!!! :fou:
-The trains use the same eyes as the water clowns.
-The bird posts in Playtopia were supposed to have more purpose and should have featured green birds from Rayman Activity Centre (their sprites were even made)... but Ryemanni simply forgot about them. :fou2:
-Ryemanni acknowledged that he missed the opportunity to rename "Brain Games" into "The Menace’s Brain Games", as it would have followed the naming convention for other boss levels.
-Ryemanni revealed a trick in Brain Games: in the section with the rising water, following the green stud pillars always lead to the correct answers, thus allowing the player to skip all the math and to get the cage without any trouble.
-The Magician’s bonus levels with collectable Electoons are a spiritual successor to the bonus levels from the original game.
-While some things like Pinpoint Precision are intentionally designed to be difficult, some content suffers from the "fangame syndrome", such as the Thorns Garden in which Ryemanni... "channelled all his hardness". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-As I always suspected, the final bit of Pinpoint Precision is directly inspired by the Rayman Randimation clip in Picture City where tons of obstacles appear right between Rayman and the exit before he gets to reach the sign.
-People who suffered while playing Pinpoint Precision... REJOICE... because the creator of this abomination died by simply falling down a hole after playing it for four minutes and had to do it all over from the beginning! Which is even more satisfying when he replied "It's good to know," whenever anyone mentioned how hard it was. :proud:
-"The Short Trip" is named after a promotional disc that advertised Rayman as "the short trip".
-Speaking of which, he missed an opportunity to add a reference to "Sunshine of Trip".
-Ryemanni didn’t implement full bosses in ReDesigner because they are hardcoded into their specific situations and having them in this game could have led people to overuse them, which would have quickly got annoying as the bosses couldn’t be customised, unlike the custom chases and the improvised "boss fights" that have been made until now.
-Ryemanni is very happy with what the community managed to achieve with ReDesigner, as he mostly expected people to make "penile levels". :hap:

I’ve condensed about 9 hours of things I’ve heard and so I may have got a few things wrong and I may have forgotten a lot of stuff, although I believe it’s mostly accurate. Anyone is free to correct me if needed.
Treecutter sign.png
Treecutter sign.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 4507 times
Cruel Moth.png
Cruel Moth.png (602.9 KiB) Viewed 4507 times
R2 Pink Robot.png
R2 Pink Robot.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 4507 times
The attachment Evil Yin Yangs.png is no longer available
Attachments
Evil Yin Yangs.png
Evil Yin Yangs.png (384.35 KiB) Viewed 4507 times
Last edited by Mortamon Saturn on Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:47 pm And yet, this didn’t prevent Ubisoft from making Mr Dark say "coronavirus" backwards in Rayman Mini. :p
They did WHAT? :shock: Now it's starting to make sense – everyone talking about a virus makes them want to bring back "Big Boss Virus" in their game. The curious thing is that I would've thought all the people who remembered that name had left the company, or at least the Rayman team, by now. :?:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks for the detailed summary, Rayman Saturn! Lots of interesting stuff in there, though sadly, I can see that the main ask from community, that is releasing the source of the games, was not addressed. Not sure why, but then again, after the Pirategate everyone stopped asking questions. :P
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

You’re welcome!
And yeah, sadly, Ryemanni said in the final part he won’t release it. He said something like he could release it in 10 years or something (but he won’t ever do it for Reign of Terror as he’s most likely too ashamed of the code), but that’s nothing sure... At least, he doesn’t disapprove of modding, but that’s disappointing, especially when you notice all the things he forgot to implement.
Now that I’m... finally done with the stream (and my ears are done with their life... Goodbye :cry:), here’s a summary of the final part and a few things I forgot to mention:

-At first, Redemption wasn’t even meant to be a remake and was more something Ryemanni made quickly to have fun.
-The first version of Redemption was made in Unity and it was pretty functional (despite being extremely incomplete) as shown by Ryemanni. Then, Ryemanni moved back to GameMaker Studio.
-The tutorial signs were pretty much a last-minute addition. Ryemanni finds them useless as they explain extremely basic things and as there are only three of them.
-The magic seed bag was different in the beta and looked taller.
-Moskito was supposed to be replaced by the Livingstone boss (which is why Betilla talks about evil Livingstone’s guarding the first Toontotem in the demo). As shown by Ryemanni, the boss was driving a huge wooden robot that was encountered in a new chase section in which it would cut several trees and it would finally be fought in Moskito’s arena. Most of the boss was functional and was very impressive and unique (although the fight was very boring as it mostly consisted in avoiding spiky fruits spitted out by its mouth or falling from the ceiling, and Rayman was supposed to take a plum to be able to hit the Livingstone). As it would have went way too far away from the original game, Ryemanni ended up bringing back Moskito.

Treecutter chase.png
Treecutter chase.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 4508 times
Treecutter Livingstone.png
Treecutter Livingstone.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 4508 times
Treecutter alternative sprite.png
Treecutter alternative sprite.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 4508 times
-While it was not brought up by Ryemanni, all the sprite’s versions for the wooden robot featured a "Mr. D <3" carving on its side, which obviously refers to the fact the Livingstone is working for Mr Dark and is probably a reference to the very similar text in the Magician’s room from Rayman Origins.
-Revealed in a concept art, the first shopkeeper could have been on a boat on the shore of Band Land.
-The cruel moths should have had pink feet, but this was removed as Ryemanni thought it didn’t look that good.
-Roman Mama didn’t use fireballs in the beta and shot knives instead. The soldier also used Viking Mama’s knife as its weapon.
-The Caves of Skops should have featured a new bat enemy. Its sprite was complete and it was supposed to close in on Rayman, but Ryemanni removed it because it was too annoying.

Sprites.png
Sprites.png (499.46 KiB) Viewed 4508 times

-The official name for the spider boss is "Spider Master". Ryemanni made fun of his own naming scheme (mostly using the word "master") which he considers to be even worse than the original game.
-As still visible in some old videos on Ryemanni’s channel, the Spider Master had a very different sprite (which Ryemanni finds very ugly) and the battle was very different (as Rayman had to hit its body and avoid its head). The boss also shot many big water projectiles from its behind when it didn’t had much health left... :boon:
-Some dialogs were different in the beta. For example, Darktoon referred to Skops as "the most loyal servant to Mr Dark", which wouldn’t have made sense since Skops spends most of his time sleeping.
-A Playtopia concept art reveals the Jester enemies could have had a big nose and would have worn a cap.
-Some notes of Child’s Play sounded different in the beta.
-Playtopia had very different backgrounds. Most of them were green-coloured and the puzzle one in The Playhouse had missing pieces which revealed a real sky behind (a very interesting idea, which Ryemanni apparently forgot to use). Ryemanni removed the green tint as it didn’t reflect the playful theme of the area. The dark section in the Lair of the Chessmaster also featured glowing stars in its background (Ryemanni even said he prefers it over the final background). Like many other things, Ryemanni refused to share them as he thought they were too bad and he didn’t want people to use them... I really hate this opinion. :hap:
-Playtopia’s sprites for enemies and some environment details changed a lot since the early versions.
-Originally, the basketball looked thicker.
-While Ryemanni was able to showcase the original fights for Darktoon, the original ones for Playtopia’s bosses are pretty much lost forever. The original video demonstration for Playtopia is all what remains of them.
-Candy Château could have featured a creepy cake enemy and it had a sprite made for it (that he referred to as "the bad cake from Rayman Activity Centre").
-The Dark Chimera’s theme is actually a remix of Darktoon’s boss music.
-Initially, Darktoon should have returned at the end of Candy Château and the scene should have played similarly to the one where Mr Dark "gets rid of him". However, Darktoon would have been turned into the Dark Chimera instead, which explains why the track is a remix of his theme.
-The End of the World’s tiles are a tribute to the SNES prototype of Rayman 1.
-Most of the final part of the game is inspired by the Kirby series and the same goes for the True Boss Rush.
-Darker Mr Dark is inspired by Nightmare from the same series.
-The red attack for the same boss should have originally summoned red giant hands that punched the ground. The sprite was even made.
-Darkest Mr Dark went through several designs in concept art (very similar to Dark Matter from Kirby) which featured a single eye, or even giant clawy hands. The original name for the boss was "Mr Void".

Here’s a concept art:

Dark concept art.png
Dark concept art.png (484.47 KiB) Viewed 4508 times

Ryemanni didn’t translate the Finnish text on the picture and so I gave the job to Google instead:
"The nails have floating blades that vary in position and fly in the air freely.
For example, you go in line and fly to the ground.
Compare Yellow Devil.
The "eye" or Great protoon in the background is in place and sparkles.
The arena has spot light.
Great protoon eye space texture."

-The Savage Minion could have been brought back in the Dark Magician’s Challenge and part of its sprite was remade.
-Ryemanni added this challenge not only as a reference but also as a way to remind himself how far he has come since Reign of Terror which he made when he was still a kid.
-The Dark Magician got a grey skin in Redemption since that’s what Ryemanni originally wanted him to look like.
-Apparently, Reign of Terror could have got twice as many worlds... AS IF 12 WEREN’T MORE THAN ENOUGH. :grrrrrr:
-Dark Legacy should have ended with a remake of the boss fight with the Dark Magician, but it was cancelled as the level was already too exhausting to begin with and it would have been too much work for not much.
-The new breakout minigame has a fail-safe feature which makes the ball go crazy to prevent it from being stuck.
-Originally, the SNES skin should only have been a recolour. The original design can still be seen in an old post on Redemption’s Game Jolt page.
-At the end of 2020, Ryemanni wanted to release a stand-alone Christmas-themed world with about two levels and its own world map (which would have been a modification of the German world map from English with Rayman). It was cancelled in favour of focusing on ReDesigner and releasing it earlier.

That’s all I can think of...
Also, from now on, I suggest replacing the "Araki forgot" meme by "Ryemanni forgot". :noel:
EDIT: Added some more pictures to the previous post.
Honestly, the final part of the stream (after 2:05:48) was the most interesting. It was very focused on the trivia and on beta stuff, so if there’s anything to watch, it’s this part.

Regarding the secrets, make no mistake, the Globox and the hidden text easter eggs aren’t the last secret Ryemanni talked about. Right before he ended the stream, he insisted that’s there’s still a big full dedicated secret in the game which absolutely no one has found until now. Ryemanni insisted that he was not joking and not gaslighting. Sadly, unlike the previous easter eggs, he refused to give any hints...
So, fellow Raydetectives, we have a mystery on our hands! Does anyone have any idea? I already explored Eat at Joe’s and The Chessmaster’s Lair as best as I could (as they were the first areas I thought about for secrets) and I found nothing special. While we have no clues about the secret, it’s most likely something that can be reached without cheats (but not necessarily without glitches) as proven by everything we saw so far... So, at least, I don’t think we have to scratch our hair on every tile with the infinite helicopter cheat, but that’s still probably something hidden like the Michel Ancel head in Eat at Joe’s... :sad:
Anyway... that's enough Redemption stuff for me for the moment, so I’ll take a break… :baille:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:16 pm -Dark Legacy should have ended with a remake of the boss fight with the Dark Magician, but it was cancelled as the level was already too exhausting to begin with and it would have been too much work for not much.
Oh thank God that idea was scrapped! :shock: I really liked the ending to Dark Legacy, but in Demise Mode I imagine it would be just as bad as the bits that came before it. In fact, I'm wondering if that was the idea from the beginning…
Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:16 pmRegarding the secrets, make no mistake, the Globox and the hidden text easter eggs aren’t the last secret Ryemanni talked about. Right before he ended the stream, he insisted that’s there’s still a big full dedicated secret in the game which absolutely no one has found until now. Ryemanni insisted that he was not joking and not gaslighting. Sadly, unlike the previous easter eggs, he refused to give any hints...
I knew it… :baille:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

From what I understood, it was more of an idea he got when the level was complete or at least almost complete. As much as I would have loved to see a remake of this fight, I’m glad it didn’t happen in Dark Legacy, it was enough of a nightmare as it is…
By the way, I love how he tried to shift the blame to Glackum for making Trap Master (Glackum said that Rayman 1 was too easy and so Ryemanni wanted to give him a challenge so extreme it would make him eat his words … in the end, everyone but Glackum were eating their keyboard and hitting their computer :hap:). Anyway, I’m not doing that achievement ever again, twice was enough ungodly torture … :sad:

While I’m at it, here are more screenshots of stuff from the stream.

Boat shop.png
Boat shop.png (395.98 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
Magic Minions.png
Magic Minions.png (575.82 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
Dark.png
Dark.png (316.98 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
Mr Void.png
Mr Void.png (235.1 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
Rayman Redemption Christmas.png
Rayman Redemption Christmas.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 4487 times

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks again, Rayman Saturn! The sacrifice of your ears will not be forgotten. :hap:

Anyway, lots of interesting stuff in that last stream. I'm truly impressed by how much work and thinking the author has put in this project. The Treecutter in particular is really inventive, even though I agree that it's best not to have it replace Moskito in a remake of the original game.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:16 pm And yeah, sadly, Ryemanni said in the final part he won’t release it. He said something like he could release it in 10 years or something (but he won’t ever do it for Reign of Terror as he’s most likely too ashamed of the code), but that’s nothing sure...
Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:16 pm Like many other things, Ryemanni refused to share them as he thought they were too bad and he didn’t want people to use them... I really hate this opinion. :hap:
I agree that this is a particularly weak argument. After security through obfuscation, pride through obfuscation? :hap:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It's common though, isn't it? People not releasing code because they're ashamed of it? It's pretty ridiculous though, you've released the code in compiled form, and there it speaks for itself in how well it works, so why feel ashamed of the source form at all, when only a fraction of your users might actually study it?
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Yeah, it's a bit sad. GML is made so that non-programmers can make decent games, so why be ashamed of not being a good programmer? :fou:

Anyway, nice bat enemy from the beta stuff! It looks like it draws inspiration from the GBC games, but it's probably just the colour scheme.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

It was also preferable to remove the Treecutter from the game since the Dream Forest already had way too many bosses (four, while most other worlds have two or three). It’s truly a waste though as it looked awesome. Maybe Ryemanni could recycle the idea in one of the original games he’s gonna work on…

And yes, it’s such a shame Ryemanni refuses to give anything more with such a senseless excuse. I find that even more inconsistent when The Dark Magician’s Reign of Terror is still up, a good Rayman fangame yes, but a game plagued with some terrible flaws.
Of course, that’s his games and I understand if he refuses to share anything, but that’s still disappointing and that’s really wasting the potential to improve Redemption and ReDesigner.

hoodlumsworld wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:57 am Anyway, nice bat enemy from the beta stuff! It looks like it draws inspiration from the GBC games, but it's probably just the colour scheme.
Ryemanni worked on a fangame very similar to Rayman GBC (which he cancelled and which he has shown in an older stream), so it would make sense.

hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I didn't know that! Maybe that's where he recycled it from.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

I have here a bunch of factory pressed physical copies of Rayman Redemption. Rayman Redemption and other Ryemanni's games are inside the disc. This is NOT a commercial product and therefor not for sale! This only merchandise/for collection purposes. I'm giving these out with the catch that you only cover shipping prices. If you're interested in getting one leave me a DM.
20210715_220151_cm.jpg
20210715_220151_cm.jpg (550.5 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
20210715_220201_cm.jpg
20210715_220201_cm.jpg (602.85 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
20210715_220255_cm.jpg
20210715_220255_cm.jpg (700.25 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
20210715_220337_cm.jpg
20210715_220337_cm.jpg (251.12 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

Snagglebee wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:13 pm I have here a bunch of factory pressed physical copies of Rayman Redemption. Rayman Redemption and other Ryemanni's games are inside the disc. This is NOT a commercial product and therefor not for sale! This only merchandise/for collection purposes. I'm giving these out with the catch that you only cover shipping prices. If you're interested in getting one leave me a DM.

20210715_220151_cm.jpg
20210715_220201_cm.jpg
20210715_220255_cm.jpg
20210715_220337_cm.jpg
Would love to buy my own copy of this game. :)
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I love the artwork, great work Snagglebee. Does the CD also contain the patches for the original pirate sprites?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great initiative! I like it a lot, but then again I'm not sure what I would do with a physical copy of the game, so I'll probably pass for now.
nitwitsworld wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:31 am Would love to buy my own copy of this game. :)
Like Snagglebee said, you're not buying it, just paying for the shipping costs, but be sure to send him a PM. ;)
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:00 pm I love the artwork, great work Snagglebee. Does the CD also contain the patches for the original pirate sprites?
I assume it does so! It should contain everything related with Ryemanni's works. Also don't congratulate me on the artwork, I didn't do that one :P
need my speed
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9865

Post by need my speed »

Is the Rayman head to the left an easter egg, or is it something I can reach that does something for me?

Hello there! o/
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

need my speed wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:08 am Is the Rayman head to the left an easter egg, or is it something I can reach that does something for me?

storage/30793/afcb33227a3b6bfed1a5170c3348df3e
That’s Noseless Rayman’s head. It’s just an easter egg, you can’t get to it (at least, nobody has found a way if there’s one).
There’s another one hidden in another level which you can reach but it won’t do anything either.