Rayman Redemption

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Re: Rayman Redemption

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Steo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:41 pm I still never played any further than Playtopia, where the basketballs were annoying and then I just didn't get back to the game.
There were a few tricky sections with the basketballs but they were optional, weren't they?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Probably worth sharing here too: Glackum and Ryemanni will be streaming a speedrun race of Rayman Redemption this Friday at 4 PM UTC.

Subject: Rayman Redemption speedrunning
Inzarcon wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:06 pm Reposting this here in case any of you are interested:

https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/1362855898335559680

nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

There needs to be an article on RaymanWiki about Rayman Redemption. Who agrees to this?
Robman
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by Robman »

I really need help. I want to play this game but when I try to launch it, I'm given this error message.

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? :( I really want to play this remaster.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Weird :? Do you have enough RAM in your computer?
Robman
Électoon

Post by Robman »

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:57 pm Weird :? Do you have enough RAM in your computer?
How will I know how much RAM is enough? I am not the most well read on tech.

Thank you for replying!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Robman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:48 pm How will I know how much RAM is enough? I am not the most well read on tech.
I don’t think the specs required to play the game are a known thing, I doubt Ryemanni has ever mentioned them. From what I’ve seen in your screenshot, it seems the game asks at least for a bit more than 1 GB of RAM (not an expert on the subject and so that’s just my supposition), so 2 GB would be the minimum required I guess (personally I have 8 GB and never had any issue).
Anyway, the game isn’t supposed to ask for much, so unless you’re using a very old device, that’s pretty strange.

Is your computer running on Windows? On Game Jolt, I’ve seen someone reporting a very similar issue in the comments (same error and same number of bytes if I’m remembering correctly). They were playing on Mac, so I think that may be an OS issue. Is that your case? Because the game isn’t supposed to work on Mac or Linux as stated in the FAQ. Ryemanni suggests using Wine if you have either of these two.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Robman
Électoon

Post by Robman »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:33 pm
Robman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:48 pm How will I know how much RAM is enough? I am not the most well read on tech.
I don’t think the specs required to play the game are a known thing, I doubt Ryemanni has ever mentioned them. From what I’ve seen in your screenshot, it seems the game asks at least for a bit more than 1 GB of RAM (not an expert on the subject and so that’s just my supposition), so 2 GB would be the minimum required I guess (personally I have 8 GB and never had any issue).
Anyway, the game isn’t supposed to ask for much, so unless you’re using a very old device, that’s pretty strange.

Is your computer running on Windows? On Game Jolt, I’ve seen someone reporting a very similar issue in the comments (same error and same number of bytes if I’m remembering correctly). They were playing on Mac, so I think that may be an OS issue. Is that your case? Because the game isn’t supposed to work on Mac or Linux as stated in the FAQ. Ryemanni suggests using Wine if you have either of these two.
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have 5 GB free currently, and I have a windows 10 device. I believe I got this laptop in 2016 if that helps.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:33 pm Is your computer running on Windows? On Game Jolt, I’ve seen someone reporting a very similar issue in the comments (same error and same number of bytes if I’m remembering correctly). They were playing on Mac, so I think that may be an OS issue. Is that your case? Because the game isn’t supposed to work on Mac or Linux as stated in the FAQ. Ryemanni suggests using Wine if you have either of these two.
Did that person ever find a solution? I mean, it's really weird. If I understand correctly, allocation should only fail if it runs out of virtual memory, not physical, and it sounds like neither should be the case here anyway. :?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Robman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:02 pmHello! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have 5 GB free currently, and I have a windows 10 device. I believe I got this laptop in 2016 if that helps.
Thanks for the response! Your computer seems to be perfectly fine and has the required operating system to begin with, so that makes this situation all the more weird…
Maybe you should try to see if you can contact Ryemanni directly (on Twitter or Game Jolt), because the game really shouldn’t be doing that on a computer like yours. :?
PluMGMK wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:36 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:33 pm Is your computer running on Windows? On Game Jolt, I’ve seen someone reporting a very similar issue in the comments (same error and same number of bytes if I’m remembering correctly). They were playing on Mac, so I think that may be an OS issue. Is that your case? Because the game isn’t supposed to work on Mac or Linux as stated in the FAQ. Ryemanni suggests using Wine if you have either of these two.
Did that person ever find a solution? I mean, it's really weird. If I understand correctly, allocation should only fail if it runs out of virtual memory, not physical, and it sounds like neither should be the case here anyway. :?
Found the comment again. They were actually using Wine, so the OS wasn’t really an issue to begin with.
Capture d’écran (436).png
Capture d’écran (436).png (39.19 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
This is all so strange… I think the game may just have some issues with some particular configurations in some devices. This is also the first time I hear of this since the release of the game one year ago, so maybe it got something to do with an unintentional change in some of the last updates, Ryemanni kinda rushed them out due to many issues appearing one after the other so they may have some hidden technical flaws.
Sadly, Ryemanni hasn’t responded, so it seems there’s no known fix for the problem… Hopefully, someone here will figure it out. As for me, I’m currently clueless…

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Sorry for the double post, but I have to inform you that Ryemanni will be streaming a ‘postmortem’ playthrough of the game on June 13 for its first anniversary to discuss the development of Rayman Redemption and ReDesigner. He’s going to answer questions as well as reveal some scrapped content and some other interesting stuff, so this is the moment to learn a lot of trivia about his fangames!
If you want to ask Ryemanni any question about his Rayman fangames (including Dark Magician’s Reign of Terror), you can do so by replying below this tweet before Sunday 13.6 and he will answer them in the stream: https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/1401058468128231425

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Yes, I knew we were coming up on the anniversary! Dear God, I'm still working from home – when will this madness end! :ouin: I might just watch that, should be interesting!
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I'm sure it should be an interesting watch for sure, and wow that was a fast year!
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Yup … already one year… Felt like the beginning of the pandemic was only a month ago. :sad:

Pain aside, the stream definitely sounds interesting! Ryemanni already revealed a picture of the firefly in a jar, which may mean it was originally intended to be an item you could pick up in either Rayman Redemption or ReDesigner like the super helicopter potion or the magic seed.
https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/140 ... 90/photo/1

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, I can't believe it's been a year already! Time sure flies. :mrgreen:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I'm definitely watching this too, thanks for sharing!
lumz99
Antitoon

Post by lumz99 »

Oh hell yeah, Redemption slaps and I'm glad we're going to get some dev insight on some BTS stuff. Been following Rye on twitter but more is always appreciated!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Long time to see, lumz! Hope all is well for you since the last time. ;)
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

This would be a good occasion to release the source code like OCG once suggested.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

A good number of people in the community were hoping for the release of the source code (especially for Rayman ReDesigner), so that would be great if it does happen.