Rayman Redemption

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Re: Rayman Redemption

Post by PluMGMK »

Eh, where's the fun hacking a game when you have access to the source code? :fou:

More seriously, I'll have my fingers crossed too!
lumz99
Antitoon
Tings: 15

Post by lumz99 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:52 am Long time to see, lumz! Hope all is well for you since the last time. ;)
Has been! E3 (and the eternal hopes of a new Rayman game) made me remember this forum existed and wanted to have a peek at whether or not Redemption had a thread on here 8) Was certainly glad to see it did
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 pm Eh, where's the fun hacking a game when you have access to the source code? :fou:
We all know you'd much rather implement the entirety of the Rayman Redemption features only by hacking Rayman Designer, but you know, sometimes it takes more courage to let something go than it does to hold onto it. :mrgreen:
lumz99 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:44 am Has been! E3 (and the eternal hopes of a new Rayman game) made me remember this forum existed and wanted to have a peek at whether or not Redemption had a thread on here 8) Was certainly glad to see it did
Glad to hear that! While there unfortunately isn't much we can do about a new Rayman game, I'm still glad that the community is active enough to have many cool fan projects to discuss (and play). :)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:34 pm
PluMGMK wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 pm Eh, where's the fun hacking a game when you have access to the source code? :fou:
We all know you'd much rather implement the entirety of the Rayman Redemption features only by hacking Rayman Designer, but you know, sometimes it takes more courage to let something go than it does to hold onto it. :mrgreen:
That's true. :hap: My biggest problem is not sticking with things really. After all, I worked on laying the groundwork (except for importing voice lines) for a user to make educational maps in Designer last November, but then didn't bother actually making any :angel:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

The stream has been pushed back to Thursday 17.6 due to E3. If you still have questions for Ryemanni, you got a bit more time.

By the way, I’ve been thinking it would be interesting to have a wiki dedicated to his fangames.
With Rayman The Dark Magician’s Reign of Terror, Redemption and its Gameplay Demo, ReDesigner, Bowling 2, the two Spooky Raymansion games as well as the scrapped projects Ryemanni has shown in some of his streams, there’s more than enough matter for a good wiki and it could be an opportunity to generate some more interest around some of the games.
I’ve seen a few people hoping for a wiki and even asking to make some articles here, but the RayWiki isn’t made for unofficial games and so I’ve been thinking about Fandom or other websites like that. I would love to do something myself, but I sadly don’t have the time to and I don’t even know how to make a wiki article, so I’m curious if anyone here is up to the challenge. :mryellow:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I've also mentioned it in the streaming topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=74253&p=1434387#p1434387 ;)

The idea of an unofficial wiki of someone's games which are themselves unofficial spinoffs feels kinda crazy though! :fou2: What sort of information would be collected on the wiki?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Ah, good! :)

It’s actually more common than you would think, many fan games get their own wiki (Sonic After/Before the Sequel or Pokémon Uranium for example) and some of them offer really a lot of information, as if they were about official games. With the popularity of Rayman Redemption, I’m honestly surprised not even one person tried something yet, even is the idea sounds a bit weird. If something as silly as Pokémon Clover can get multiple wikis, then anything can have one. :hap:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Maybe there could be a fangame section on RayWiki then… (I think this was proposed before but nothing happened.) Fandom's the successor to Wikia, right? A bit cumbersome I'd say…
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Sounds like a good idea IMO. As long as it can really feel separate from all the official content on the RayWiki, I think it could satisfy everyone, especially since there’s already a good number of fangames that already existed and could finally earn some articles dedicated to them. Don’t know if that would be very easy to do, though.

I’m not too familiar with using Fandom but it seemed a bit too complicated when I wanted to try a few things with it some years ago, and it also tends to feel amateurish. The RayWiki got a very solid reputation among Rayman fans so there’s no better place to do something Rayman-related.

hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Fandom is the best choice if you want an army of 8-year-old kids to spam your wiki with random made-up stuff. :fou:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

hoodlumsworld wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:29 am Fandom is the best choice if you want an army of 8-year-old kids to spam your wiki with random made-up stuff. :fou:
You’re not wrong, I’ve seen quite a few wikis sabotaged by some kids’ nonsense! :fou:

lumgum
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10673

Post by lumgum »

So, Ryemanni claimed in his stream earlier that there is an undiscovered secret in Redemption.

Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands!

Dark Rayman says hi! I'm also still in Candy Chateau!
My current rank is: Medieval Dragon! Perhaps some minty freshness will cool down that breath!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Damn, in the heel of the hunt I forgot all about the stream! I just have so much on these days :x

Well, I'll have to look at it anyway, hopefully tomorrow!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Well, if anyone is patient enough to look for the secret, use the HELIPOWR cheat code to unlock unlimited flight everywhere, that’ll help. FREEFALL for low gravity and IDDQDRAY for invincibility are also very useful.
There was already this easter egg with Michel Ancel’s head in Eat at Joe’s that had been added secretly in one of the updates, so may there be something else of that taste hidden in the game.

I didn’t have the time to watch the stream when it happened, so I’ll watch the videos on YouTube instead.

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Apparently custom dialogue was planned for ReDesigner, but Ryemanni ended up being too lazy to implement it :P
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

PluMGMK wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:16 pm Apparently custom dialogue was planned for ReDesigner, but Ryemanni ended up being too lazy to implement it :P
Well, that’s the explanation for most of the features we expected but didn’t get in the end. :noel:

By the way, I checked one of the secrets he mentioned and so here’s the hidden text at the top of Ring Toss Tussle:

Capture d’écran (4815).png
Capture d’écran (4815).png (165.46 KiB) Viewed 3230 times

Very nice, indeed…
Also, I’ve found this messed up tile in the last Candy Château challenge (look around the bottom left corner), which Ryemanni won’t ever fix since there are no more updates for Redemption. :hap:

Capture d’écran (4816).png
Capture d’écran (4816).png (180.85 KiB) Viewed 3230 times

EDIT: Alright guys, I’ve finally found it! The eternal question has finally been answered… Globox IS in the game! It’s another easter egg in Eat at Joe’s (at the end of section 2) which works with bouncy invisible platforms. At the end, you’ll find the truth… GLOBOX LIVES :fou: :

Capture d’écran (4821).png
Capture d’écran (4821).png (216.11 KiB) Viewed 3226 times

hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Congratulations for finding this! The prize should be an update of your choice for Redemption or ReDesigner. :lol:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Bouncy invisible platforms? So it's possible to get there without the super helicopter cheat?

I wonder if this idea was based on the similarity between the flying saucers and Globox's face which I noticed years ago :hap:

Anyway, well done! :up:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:20 pm There was already this easter egg with Michel Ancel’s head in Eat at Joe’s that had been added secretly in one of the updates, so may there be something else of that taste hidden in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDGPi7Q70wg
When watching speedruns I thought it was a bug, not an easter egg. :lol: I did not remember the Ancel head from my playthrough but I thought I just hadn't noticed it (that happens a lot :P).

Anyway, where can we watch a recording of the stream?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Yes, it's possible to do it without cheats! Altough, it's very hard (especially around the beginning as it requires some very precise jumps) and I'm not sure if it's possible to do it without taking damage since you have to go in the spikes to reach some platforms.
Anyway, I went back into the levels without cheats and recorded it to prove you can do it! :mryellow:

The video also shows the Ring Toss Tussle hidden text, altough I couldn't find a way to reach this one without cheating. Ryemanni talked about a glitch with the rings and the walls, but I couldn't trigger it.
By the way, I suggest to activate the subtitles if you want to see a nice little reference as well as an overused meme. :noel:
hoodlumsworld wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 am Congratulations for finding this! The prize should be an update of your choice for Redemption or ReDesigner. :lol:
Thanks! Though, I know we won’t get any more updates… which is sad, because I really wanted mah True Boss Rush recolors in ReDesigner. :sad:

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:05 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:20 pm There was already this easter egg with Michel Ancel’s head in Eat at Joe’s that had been added secretly in one of the updates, so may there be something else of that taste hidden in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDGPi7Q70wg
When watching speedruns I thought it was a bug, not an easter egg. :lol: I did not remember the Ancel head from my playthrough but I thought I just hadn't noticed it (that happens a lot :P).

Anyway, where can we watch a recording of the stream?
I mean, how could a bug create a giant Michel Ancel head trying to eat Rayman? :fou2:
As for the videos of the stream, you can find them here:

But be ready, because it’s about 12 hours long in total … and as expected from Ryemanni, it’s more 10 hours of memes and screaming and 2 hours of actual trivia. :hap: