Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Misterfan2000
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Post by Misterfan2000 »

WOW, IT LOOKS SO COOL!!!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Hey guys! :D Great to see you both again, and the updates look amazing as always! I love the environments, and the walking is in great shape. I love details like the adaptive footsteps.
thecraftinatorx
Créature
Tings: 335

Post by thecraftinatorx »

In love with the Rayman model, props and the feels of the environments! Thank you very much for posting! :D
Sir Rayland
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3315

Post by Sir Rayland »

SICK!!!!! :D
Hi, im working on a fangame :P
Alltech
Barbara
Tings: 10293

Post by Alltech »

Impressive work! 😮

I hope to see more news regarding the development of your game!
😎
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Great to see you two again! As for your work, this is fantastic so far! :D
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
keesdude
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by keesdude »

It looks awesome!!
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

That's some really nice stuff! I'm glad this is still being worked on also.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

The environments are awesome, and great job with trying to replicate the original Rayman model from Rayman 2 since they're very similar! Nice work, guys! :up:
Pipann
Bzzit
Tings: 58710

Post by Pipann »

The Rayman model is the same one we did a little crowdfunding for. However I did a little fixing afterwards. The topology was bad, which would have caused ugly deformations when animated. :/
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well I'm glad those bucks were put to good use! :mrgreen:
muntey
Antitoon
Tings: 5

Post by muntey »

The switch to Unity seemed to have turned out amazing!
Are you guys using HDRP or URP for the game?
Last edited by muntey on Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Thanks everyone :mrgreen: I apologise for the lack of updates for those who care about it still~

What do you guys think of the animation direction? There aren't many and I made them quickly moreso for reference than anything, but does anything stick out? I've heard comments on the jumping animation, but I find it pretty satisfying myself. Any feedback would be super appreciated. :winkgrin:
thecraftinatorx
Créature
Tings: 335

Post by thecraftinatorx »

Imo they are very cool and sooo cute, about the jumping anim? I find it different from the original games and... It's great!! :D

Maybe the existence of two jumping anims like ray2 could be interesting depending of how much long the button is pressed, or something like this!

Thank you!
Pipann
Bzzit
Tings: 58710

Post by Pipann »

Personally I just think he needs more different variants of animations for the jump, so that the current one doesn't become repetitive.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Rayrobi
Aline Louïa
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

I'm SO happy to finally see something happen. I started slowly losing hope for this game, I even started worrying that something happened to you guys IRL (maybe that's a bit silly to think that, but, oh well). It' really crazy to think about that it's been almost 10 years since I started following how the development is going, and haven't lost any excitement for the game. (and that you're still dedicated to it after such a long time :shock:).
Adsolution wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:16 am What do you guys think of the animation direction? There aren't many and I made them quickly moreso for reference than anything, but does anything stick out? I've heard comments on the jumping animation, but I find it pretty satisfying myself. Any feedback would be super appreciated. :winkgrin:
The running animation is very Rayman 2-esque, and the way Rayman runs is just really cute. (perhaps because the animations are a lot more dynamic and they blend into each other). Since Rayman is, relatively speaking, young in this game, this cuteness really suits him.
The jumping animation I find a bit weird, the way Rayman holds his hands and arms close to his body and then streches them out is too sudden, which makes it look like he's doing a star pose mid-air. In cases when he's sprinting for a long jump, an animation like that is fine, but for smaller, normal jumps it feels out of place. Something along these lines:
thecraftinatorx wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:07 am Maybe the existence of two jumping anims like ray2 could be interesting depending of how much long the button is pressed, or something like this!
As for the environments and art style, they look really nice, and feel like it's Rayman (of course, in a totally different era than 1999 :) ).

Keep up the great work! :bigup:
paulnewman2001
Otto Psi
Tings: 6360

Post by paulnewman2001 »

Hello Everyone!, I'm a new member of the forum, it's been quite a while waiting for activation key, however :| But anyway, I've been following this project since 2013 and I must say Adsolution that the amount of your dedication to this game is incredible. Your game has potential to be the best Rayman game both story and gameplay wise. Assuming you're still working on story aspect of the game and have time to answer, I have couple of questions:

1. Will we get an outlook on Rayman's life?: his house (he had one in some educational game but don't remember which, he also mentioned it in Hoodlums Revenge), his regular activities (besides fighting evil of course), as well as his thoughts about certain people? (maybe his nearest neighbours?, especially friends).

2. Assuming Aeoropolis is still present in the project, were you thinking about creating some kind of driving mechanics? (cars, maybe bikes? etc.). Such mechanics could be used for side activities like racing, maybe? And also, depending how large you intended the area to be, any kind of faster transport could be useful. This may sound a little GTAish but Ray obviously wouldn't steal cars nor beat up civillians and take their money, it's just always cool to see new mechanics that weren't present in other games in franchise. I'd understand your dissaproval given the tone you've chosen for the game.

3. Will Globox's personality be based on his Rayman 2 or 3 potrayal? Given this game serves as a prequel to Rayman 2, his 2's potrayal would be most logical but pretty much every game in the franchise is different in some way so his 3's potrayal wouldn't feel out of place. I also prefer his comedic side from 3 over "Big the Cat" one from 2, though it's up to you. I'm also interested how you'll handle their forming friendship :)
Last edited by paulnewman2001 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Welcome to the forum! :D If you want, you can introduce yourself here. Sorry to hear about the activation email, that's odd. :?
paulnewman2001
Otto Psi
Tings: 6360

Post by paulnewman2001 »

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:01 pm Welcome to the forum! :D If you want, you can introduce yourself here. Sorry to hear about the activation email, that's odd. :?
Thank you and it's okay, I'm used to waiting for my mails :D
Last edited by paulnewman2001 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, sorry about this, our activation emails often get flagged as spam. That's why I always send at least two reminders to inactive accounts before I eventually delete them. In your case, you should have received two of them, one on August 30th and one on September 4th (in addition to the one that was sent upon registration). Let me know if you can't find them in your spam folder, just to be sure there isn't some technical issue I'm not aware of. :mefiant:

And welcome to this place, of course!