Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
CoffeeNeko
Gandalf
Tings: 4106

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Post by CoffeeNeko »

I was wondering, how many are you working on this? Is it only both of you Pipann and Adsolution? The game looks so ambitious, I'm almost worried that I'll die before I get to play this masterpiece
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

Awesome game indeed! I hope to see more soon.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

Btw, Pipann is one of the developers for ROTD, however only Adsolution is mentioned in the wiki.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

Post by DavidSosa »

ROTD looks very promising, even spanish youtubers talked about it, hope it releases soon.

Checking the first messages here i can think than some people didn´t believe this game would be finished and maybe they thinked it would be cancelled, after all, they still make the game until now!
i hate myself
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Elite Piranha wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 pm I kept searching and was able to find the original post. I tried using Google before, but I guess it didn't work because the image that I found in smashboards was cropped. Too bad that the old imageshack links don't work anymore, I wish I was able to download some of the wallpapers.
Man, I really miss some of these CryEngine lighting features. But yeah, this is probably the best high-res version of that Ly model (click):

Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:43 pm Btw, Pipann is one of the developers for ROTD, however only Adsolution is mentioned in the wiki.
Yikes, that is incredibly out of date - I'm updating this right now.
MisterDark'sFanClub wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:43 pm I'm really glad to see Revenge of the Dark is still going strong! What stage is it in?
Welcome back! It's... in a stage, per se. I'm really trying to nail the mechanics, and since Pip just finished super-upgrading Rayman's rig, now I can go crazy animating him.

Some facial morphs - I haven't done any animation tests yet since it's very fresh:

A classic enemy's also being updated:

Check out the absolutely exquisite detail Pip put into this!

Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Adsolution wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:04 am
Elite Piranha wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 pm I kept searching and was able to find the original post. I tried using Google before, but I guess it didn't work because the image that I found in smashboards was cropped. Too bad that the old imageshack links don't work anymore, I wish I was able to download some of the wallpapers.
Man, I really miss some of these CryEngine lighting features. But yeah, this is probably the best high-res version of that Ly model (click):
That's such a great picture, thanks for sharing!
Adsolution wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:04 am
Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:43 pm Btw, Pipann is one of the developers for ROTD, however only Adsolution is mentioned in the wiki.
Yikes, that is incredibly out of date - I'm updating this right now.
Well, I took the liberty of adding Pipann :mrgreen:.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Oh, thank you lol, I swear I did that when I edited it.
RayAnia
Photographe
Tings: 405

Post by RayAnia »

I adore this Rayman model. I'm sure it will look amazing in motion!

I remember seeing one of older RROTD videos, with zombie chicken. It gave me goosebumps when I was younger. I hope this one will do the same!
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

How's your fangame anyway?
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

Hope your fan game is doing good cause I surely wanna play it soon someday
anthony.philippeau
Feuillu
Tings: 1700

Post by anthony.philippeau »

in 2012 i discover your fangame in video, i really like the OriginalSoundtrack you're composing for this project :)

Hope you're having fun making this game. It's been nearly 10 or 11 years you"re working on it, don't you think it will be easier to cut the project in many little episodes to have something more quick to develop and blend the others episodes in a more big project later ?

I say that because i'm working on an adventure and plateform video game project too and he take me 10 years like you to develop it, finaly i decide to cut the game in many episode to have something more realistic to produce, and because cut a game project in episode allow to focus on the most important structure and gameplay mecanics of it first and polish many part of it later.

Working on the "intro / middle of the game / and end of the game" more quickly , and next polish all of it later.

Otherwise i really like some song of Muse like you, i'm a guitar bass player and composer, i play song like Hysteria, and other Bass riff's of Muse. :)
I see you're using some Scales that are used in Muse like the Major Augmented scale who create a mysterious ambiant in you're Rayman Rots's OST. And when i'm listening to some part of it i thinking " Yes... it's sound a little bit like Muse with these augmented Chord". And it's really cool and funny to ear oniric music like Rayman's univers sounding with some Muse influences.

Good continuation :) and don't always forget to focus on having fun on you're creations/drawing's/ musics / fangame in generale.
Don't mind a lot on all the time it take to finish it but try to be a little bit realistic like it don't take 10 more years again.

Take care : )
Ma galerie de dessin à ce lien / My drawing galery at :
https://www.artstation.com/anthony-philippeau
Pipann
Bzzit
Tings: 58710

Post by Pipann »

Episodic releases could be good. I'll ask Ads what she thinks!
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102730

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, if you do decide to go that route, just don't do a Valve on it… :sad:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Rayman: Revenge of the Dark was showcased at Rayman Alive yesterday: https://youtu.be/iz_y-Js9Cp4?t=2849
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Looks really cool, nice environments and also a nice touch showing all those different facial expressions Rayman has. I also loved the music in this one!
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Pipann
Bzzit
Tings: 58710

Post by Pipann »

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
darthkotya
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by darthkotya »

Looks great, always love to see some progress on my favorite fangame.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice progress! Just one thing, maybe Rayman's hands are too far apart at times when grabbing long objects?
ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8638

Post by ItzalDrake »

Thanks for sharing the video! It made me notice that for some reason I wasn't subscribed to her YouTube channel :lol:
I really love that helicopter animation, it looks so realistic and fluid, I can't stop looking at it :shock:
Great job Ads, I love all the details of this your fangame! :mrgreen:
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

It's always great to see more footage of the game's development, thanks for sharing!