Rayman sheet music

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
mastermatt56
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman sheet music

Post by mastermatt56 »

So does anyone know where I can get sheet music for Globox's theme from Rayman Arena?
I am the wikipedia spammer who created Tomato Taco.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

i made a music sheet for rayman's 1 picture city i will upload pictures.
Attachments
Rayman piano jeff mcclain.zip
226(kb) compressed
contains 10 sheets
(226.14 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Last edited by DandyGuy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

that3Dguy wrote:i made a music sheet for rayman's 1 picture city i will upload pictures.
awesome! :D
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite

Post by DandyGuy »

thank you :D
Last edited by DandyGuy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Hey, nice job! I can't really read music, but I could make out what you've done since I can play the Razorbeard theme as well (as well as Menhir Hills, Sanctuary of Water and Ice, Main Theme, and more). I could give you a tip: the part right after the 'main theme' in the Razorbeard theme, which is when the first beat consists of one 'restnote' (sorry don't know what it's called in English) of half a beat and two sixteenth notes, can be played with the fifth note added, like playing a chord without the note defining whether it's major or minor. OK, it sounds a bit vague, but what I mean is like when you play a C major chord without the E, the G is the fifth note.

Anyhow, hope that kind of makes sense - just throwing in the ideas I use and replicate from the original music.

Also, have you noticed the bassline in Razorbeard's theme is the exact same one as in the Cave of Bad Dreams? You can actually recognise a lot of themes already used elsewhere in the Rayman music if you listen to most songs, even if they are only one measure long.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Shrooblord wrote:Also, have you noticed the bassline in Razorbeard's theme is the exact same one as in the Cave of Bad Dreams? You can actually recognise a lot of themes already used elsewhere in the Rayman music if you listen to most songs, even if they are only one measure long.
Yup I noticed that too. :P That's one of the key things in well-done that subconsciously immerses you.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite

Post by DandyGuy »

i did the rayman M rayman theme on piano
Attachments
Rayman m rayman (JM).rar
Instrument-piano
contains-36 sheets
(763.67 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Last edited by DandyGuy on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu
Tings: 240

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

"Picture Perfect" -
Theme from Pencil City

The piece I like the most from the game; I love all of Remi's Rayman1 pieces, but this one really does it for me. In the arrangement, I tried to keep it as close to the soundtrack as possible but also make it playable for (moderately-advanced) piano.

edit - In addition to the sheetmusic attached below, here's an audio soundtrack of it (with video excerpts taken from Jaxx's designer levels) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz53T5e61_Y
Attachments
Picture Perfect - Theme from Raymans PICTURE CITY.rar
(100.97 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

Well....this was a bit unexpected for me.....

I hope I didn't offend. Please speak now if I did. =\
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Sorry? Are you referring to the fact nobody replied to your post? Don't take that as an offence - not everyone has to always reply to everything. I looked at the sheet music and enjoyed it, in fact. That I didn't say so doesn't detract from that.
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

Well, thank you, Shoobird. ^-^ Please tell me what you think. lol

On the other hand, I was indeed looking forward to someone responding with criticism and/or compliment, just like every other arranger in this thread had received (within a day or two). Well, perhaps the thread's an extremely old one most people have already seen before and have long moved on from; perhaps sheet music for each of R. Gazel's piece has been found somewhere, and the fun of creating arrangements for them has been a thing of three years ago. :p

Anyways, I'm at the moment arranging "Pink Wood Forest" for advanced piano. Adsolution has the easy piano covered. lol
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Oh, no, I'm pretty sure there are some of us out there that would heartily appreciate the sheet music you provide! But as new members come in and old ones leave the forum, that crowd may change over time. If not now, then people in the future, desperately searching for sheet music, will be able to find yours and surely thank you for it! ;D

As for Ad and myself, two members who I know would love to know how to play the themes ourselves, we play piano by ear mostly and not as much through sheets. This is why I'd be able to give far more useful criticisms than skimming through and looking at how you arranged things and then simply thinking 'looks alright', as opposed to 'well, it's cool, but I couldn't accurately play this part in bar 34 because of the way you noted it down'.

Still, keep 'em coming if you are keen on making them - if not for those who voice their appreciation, for all those that silently thank you.
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

Shrooblord wrote:Still, keep 'em coming if you are keen on making them - if not for those who voice their appreciation, for all those that silently thank you.
Haha, well thank you for that kind sentiment. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Next update-
[b]"Deep in the Caves" [/b] 3rd Movement from the theme from[i][b] Cave of Skops[/b][/i]

Update - (As with my first arrangement) audio sample uploaded to youtube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... SjlSuM5QzQ

Deep in the Caves - Theme from Cave of Skops - updated.rar
"Deep in the Caves" with minor update
(187.36 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
[/b]
Attachments
Deep in the Caves - Theme from Cave of Skops.rar
"Deep in the Caves"
3rd Movement from the theme from Cave of Skops
(316.46 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

Someone from another website (since this isn't the only one where I discuss rayman music) has mentioned copyright. Is what we're doig infringing?

Please let me know.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

That's a bit touch and go, but since you're not claiming this sheet music as the origin of the music, thus claiming the copyrighted music itself as your own, you should be fine.
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

Should be. But how true does that hold? =\
Specifically, is he making money from his music, and is our activity here considered piracy because of it?
I don't mean to be a spoil bub, but some people are pretty accusatory, specifically the one's from said-other forum. I don't have a problem with what we are doing, since I don't believe we're causing any lost sales, but they were pretty hard on me doing this.
I've contacted Gazel through pm. I shoould hope he responds timely. Perhaps you guys should send a pm too, just so that he knows this isn't one person's concern.
Last edited by ~~~15ARC~~~ on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

You're worrying way too much. You're absolutely fine as long as you aren't selling it.
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

I understand how you must feel that way, Ad. But, in all honestly, I don't think I'm worrying too much.
Read the dialogue that took place here. http://forum.makemusic.com/?f=5&m=43654 ... 88#m436688 (Finale Music Notation (2012) is the program I'm using to enscribe my arrangements of Rayman music; today, I asked a question on the forum in regards to an instrument.) Annoying and a bit crass as Mr. Michael. E. R. may be, he does have a potentially valid point. =\

I absolutely hate to see our tributing work go, since you, I and others (but especially you) have put so much work into the music we love so much.

My screen name there is ChoralMusicWriter, hence the OP of the topic.

edit - I think most of us are decently confident that this isn't a problem. Still, it wouldn't hurt just to make sure. If you (ad.) can also ask Mr. Gazel what the copyright for his work covers, that would be great.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I understand your concern and it really doesn't hurt to ask, but it would be synonymous to asking whether or not you can draw fan art. People are only giving worst-case scenarios because you asked - it's generally a question that doesn't need to be asked because those worst-case scenarios would never realistically occur.
~~~15ARC~~~
Matuvu

Post by ~~~15ARC~~~ »

Actually, you're right, Ad.

And, I just realize something: Michael. E. R. was simply arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm noticing now that nothing in the thread was even so much of a concern until he decided to make it so. I think he felt he needed to "win", and I'm giving him power by even raising this as an inquiry on this board; which we all already know is hardly even one. That doesn't matter (especially since I'm sure non of you guys are involved in the personal politics that's happening over there). It's a non-issue, and I think it will stay that way.

Not to mention that, if copyright was infringed, this thread wouldn't have lived for more than a few months at most, let alone two years. :mrgreen:

I hope my dialogue in regards to this hasn't hurt anyone today. I'm very sincerely regretful if this is the case.

Now, onto the music. Actually, Ad, I've been meaning to mention this for a while. I like your rendition of Pink Woods; it's definitely easier to play than what I'm arranging, and it's probably easier to make workable than my difficult shazz. On the other hand, as a minor sidenote, it does looks like you're missing a few flats. Gazel used a few borrowed keys and uncommon modulations. On the other hand, you stayed entirely in the key of G.; with onely one borrowed chord.

Again, it's nothing more than a quarter of a slice of bread, but I just thought it might bear mentioning. ^-^