Pirate Bash Brothers: Gladeators

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Re: Pirate Bash Brothers: Raybrawl

Post by Rulez »

Pusianka wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote: If you don't give them to Rulez I will shit all over your face.
Now I remember why I assumed you're a man...

Anyway rulez there goes your fortune.
Bazinga.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Pusianka wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote: If you don't give them to Rulez I will shit all over your face.
You deserve to be thrown into the sewer and have the sewer hurled into the sun.

And so, Rulez has added an extra 1/65th to his total ting count
Pusianka
Chiottes
Tings: 50

Post by Pusianka »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Pusianka wrote:
You deserve to be thrown into the sewer and have the sewer hurled into the sun.
Now that's better! Much more girllike!
beebo44
Olympia
Tings: 31100

Post by beebo44 »

Umm...bump?

Anyway, so we finally have a new printer which means I can upload my Mr. Dark's Attacks sketch. It'll be up soon.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:(…)it ;).
Here's the real doldrum, you put your emoticon before your period. Wtf?
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

beebo44 wrote:Umm...bump?

Anyway, so we finally have a new printer which means I can upload my Mr. Dark's Attacks sketch. It'll be up soon.
Good, good. Yes, no more progress reports from me yet - been busy with other things and haven't really worked much on this game since that screenshot. Meant to pick it up a few times before... but, you know how things go I guess.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

Ok, so there's probably no point in me posting this, but a while ago I promised a moveset for Mr. Dark for this game, and, well, hre it is:

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 ... img006.jpg
This moveset is based on the control setup for side-ways controlled Wiimote on Brawl.
From left to right:
1. Mr. Dark's special attack for the up button. He turns into a ball which can then be launched in any direction.
2. His down button special. Mr. Dark will send a meteor crashing down.
3. Mr. Dark's side buttons special. He will shoot a fireball either left or right. (Considering this is a 2D game.
4. Mr. Dark's non-directional special attack is that he will teleport a short distance, where you want him to go to.
5. Mr. Dark's defensive move: He creates 3 circling balls that will move so fast they deflect all attacks. (Except for finishing moves.) But, this move takes alot of energy, and he won't be able to hold it for long at a time.
6. Finally, his finishing move. Mr. Dark rises into the air, and floats of above the screen, and then he causes multiple lightning bolts to rain down at a time.

Well, whaddayathink?
Adsolution wrote:
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

I think those are very nice ideas! In fact, they resemble what I had in mind as his movesets for my own game with great similarity. And I have actually picked up Unreal Engine again just the other day, so perhaps if I get more into it, I can restart making this project happen. We'll see.
Nice work!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Fuckin' UE! :) Hah, no, but I'm totally fine with that engine.

I look forward to when some production takes place. I'll enjoy doing some modelling.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Oh, yes, that would be great!
The main issue I have with CryEngine is that it won't run on my computers. :P Plus, I don't like it as much, for some reason. I can handle the interface a lot less easily - but we've discussed this already.

I'll probably get to landscaping soon. I'm just fiddling about with the meshes and textures that came with the engine. If I get this project back up on its feet, will you make some textures for it, Spanex? You don't have to - I'm just wondering whether you will or not.
Also, maybe it'd be fun to include some areas based on some from RayFan's game?
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

Shrooblord wrote:Oh, yes, that would be great!
The main issue I have with CryEngine is that it won't run on my computers. :P Plus, I don't like it as much, for some reason. I can handle the interface a lot less easily - but we've discussed this already.

I'll probably get to landscaping soon. I'm just fiddling about with the meshes and textures that came with the engine. If I get this project back up on its feet, will you make some textures for it, Spanex? You don't have to - I'm just wondering whether you will or not.
Also, maybe it'd be fun to include some areas based on some from RayFan's game?
We could even have unlockable characters from RayFan and Droolie's games.
Adsolution wrote:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Blue? He would be a damn fine unlockable character. :)
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

RayFan9876 wrote:Blue? He would be a damn fine unlockable character. :)
Plus, now he has an epic hairdo I bet you'd be playing as him alot eh? :hehe:
Adsolution wrote:
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Sorry, I'm not getting myself involved until the project truly looks like it's going to get there. :mryellow:

However you can use my environment models I made for Rayfan is she's okay with it.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Spanex wrote:Sorry, I'm not getting myself involved until the project truly looks like it's going to get there. :mryellow:
No, no, of course, I wouldn't expect any different. I was just asking since I'd like to know if you'd like to help out if it lifts off, or just not at all.

Blue would be a cool character to have, if Droolie gave his permission. Then again, we were trying to keep this as canon as possible, right...?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Shrooblord wrote:
Spanex wrote:Sorry, I'm not getting myself involved until the project truly looks like it's going to get there. :mryellow:
No, no, of course, I wouldn't expect any different. I was just asking since I'd like to know if you'd like to help out if it lifts off, or just not at all.

Blue would be a cool character to have, if Droolie gave his permission. Then again, we were trying to keep this as canon as possible, right...?
Do you mean canon as in part of the story? Or just official characters only?
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

Master4lyf1 wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:

Do you mean canon as in part of the story? Or just official characters only?
I don't think we should go too canon with this game, I mean to me it seems like it'll just be a fun, silly brawler that doesn't take itself too seriously. Then again that's just me.
Adsolution wrote:
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Yes, you are right, beebo, but Spiral (who mentioned this some time before) has a point too; we shouldn't start including too many fan-made characters, but I guess some could do. Maybe just the one or two. Also, I guess locations from fan-games will be fine, since if you don't know the location from anywhere, you might not even pay that close attention to it, whereas if you do know it, you'll get that "oh, hey it's that place!" feeling from it, which is always nice.
beebo44
Olympia

Post by beebo44 »

Shrooblord wrote:Yes, you are right, beebo, but Spiral (who mentioned this some time before) has a point too; we shouldn't start including too many fan-made characters, but I guess some could do. Maybe just the one or two. Also, I guess locations from fan-games will be fine, since if you don't know the location from anywhere, you might not even pay that close attention to it, whereas if you do know it, you'll get that "oh, hey it's that place!" feeling from it, which is always nice.
Hehe, if we're thinking locations from fan-games, I think the oriental styled level droolie has planned for his game could be a good base for one our levels. :D
Last edited by beebo44 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adsolution wrote:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

beebo44 wrote:Hehe, if we're thinking locations from fan-games, I think the oriental styled level droolie has planned for her game could be a good base for one our levels. :D
Droolie's a man, beebo.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

RayFan9876 wrote:
beebo44 wrote:Hehe, if we're thinking locations from fan-games, I think the oriental styled level droolie has planned for her game could be a good base for one our levels. :D
Droolie's a man, beebo.
What if he is a RayFan and is now a gal?