Globox Terror: Escape of the Lumar Eclipse

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Globox Terror: Escape of the Lumar Eclipse

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

There doesn’t seem to be a topic on this game, so I decided to make one, especially since it seems almost nobody knows about this game.

Globox Terror is a small horror game made by FroztySeven. It is pretty similar to a lot of indie horror games like Slender or the ones that take place in Pac-Man styled mazes (like The Spooky Raymansion).
Just like Ryemanni’s horror fangames, you are chased around by a monster which can kill you on contact. Though, this time, it’s not Noseless Rayman who is chasing you but Globox who seems to have turned into some Eldritch Abomination!

The goal is to find at least ten Lums to unleash a Lumar Orb which you must strike to trigger the Lumar Eclipse. The eclipse will unlock one of the three exits available in the labyrinth. While doing all of that, Globox will appear and chase you around! When you get plenty of Lums, some worm holes will be unleashed which you can avoid by jumping! You can also sprint, but your endurance is limited and you won’t be able to run for a while if you use it too much.

The game has three difficulties:
-Noob, which gives you an unlimited flashlight. Lums are easier to find as well.
-Normal, which gives you a limited flashlight and adds some batteries on the map to recharge it.
-Insane, which must be unlocked by beating one of the other two modes and which removes your flashlight and adds more worm holes. Edit: Since V1.1.0, the flashlight is available in Insane difficulty, though it depletes much faster.
The game also contains some bonus objectives (all detailed in the main menu) which unlock some very nice extras once you complete them. There are also some cheats which you can unlock by beating any of the difficulty modes.

Download page: https://gamejolt.com/games/globox-terror/550100
Edit: The game is now also available on itch.io: https://froztyseven.itch.io/globox-terror

As stated by the developer himself, feel free to give some feedback. Some updates are planned to improve the game. You can follow them here: https://trello.com/b/CvkcidZM/globox-te ... ar-eclipse

Here are some gameplay videos which showcase the full game:

It was quite a creepy Globox Moment. :noel:
Last edited by Mortamon Saturn on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Globox Terror: Escape of the Lumar Eclipse

Post by Steo »

Oh that's cool. That room with the Globox's in it is extremely random. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Nice! While I know horror is not for me since I'm very sensitive, I might just check this one out because of the little message saying "If you get scared, press Esc to leave immediately" that appears sometimes as seen in the video.

And also because my first impression from this wasn't so bad. :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well it doesn't seem to be particularly scary, but rather stressful, given that you have to be on the run all the time. I like the idea though, and it's great to see so many projects flourish within the community! :hap:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

V1.1.0 is now available! It adds many improvements that make the game more enjoyable and more immersive! Insane mode has been changed and now allows you to use the flashlight, though it depletes much faster in this difficulty.

Here’s the changelog:
Changelog based on community feedback:

Gameplay

New escape portal sky indication to easier see where to escape.

Player footstep sounds have been replaced and should sound more fitting to walk on concrete bricks instead of wet gravel.

Increased max in-game brightness from the previous value [0.1-0.5] to [0.1-5.0] so it will now be wayyy brighter for those with dark monitors.

AZERTY keyboard layout is now supported and available in options for those who have a different keyboard layout.

Reworked Globox 3D audio to fix left and right audio channel issues. (You should now be able to hear where Globox appears easier)

A few new Rayman 2 related textures were placed on the maze walls.

New ground crack textures were added to indicate where Globox spawns and teleports to. (Avoid those sudden jump scares)

Brought the flashlight back into Insane difficulty but with fast battery drain instead. (This change was mainly more to fit the back-end story)

The old Objective 6 "Wait 5 minutes in the first menu screen" has now been replaced with "Escape without ever stop walking". You can however still wait 3 minutes now on the first screen for a nice little thing.

Objective 2 "Escape in under 10 minutes" has now been changed to "Escape in under 8 minutes". (Don't worry, you'll be fine)

Reduced the possibilities of getting stuck on walls in Globox Slayer mode.

New tension beats playing when Globox goes berserk after the Lumar Eclipse started

Fixed red glare issue when pointing the flashlight at Globox'es body.

Lums no longer glow in the dark when approaching them. (This was originally not even intended to happen)

Menu and interface

A bunch of new menu options features.

New custom default menu cursor.

Added more screen resolutions up to 4K support.

Added Audio and Brightness sliders inside the menu options.

Added a new graphics details preset inside options.

Added visual "X" button indicators to see which options are currently selected or active.

Pressing ESC to go back will now behave correctly inside menus. (It previously only threw you to the first screen)

Added the menu transition whoosh into the first screen after exiting back to menu from in-game. (Previously missing ocd-detail for those who like transitions, like i do)

New help poster was added to explain the ground cracks.

Other unrelated

Reduced overal game size from 126mb to 100mb.

Cleaned back-end codes mainly to improve framerates.

New gamejolt banner

The game will also be released on itch.io shortly!

Mac build coming up shortly! (hopefully)
An untested Mac release has also been made available and the game has been released as well on itch.io: https://froztyseven.itch.io/globox-terror.

Due to a critical bug I discovered and reported, V1.1.1 has been released today with the following fixes:
Changelog:

Gameplay

Fixed an accidental critical bug that occurred where the Lumar orb would get stuck in a fixed position inside a wall and not move.

Fixed a bug for remaining lums not disappearing once 10 lums have been collected, giving the player the possibility to collect more than 10 of them.
Indeed, the glitch I discovered prevented the Lumar Orb from appearing properly on some occasions, so it could become impossible to beat the game sometimes. So, make sure to download the latest update if you already downloaded V1.1.0.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Glad to see your feedback was taken into account! The game is becoming more polished now.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Indeed! This is meant to be the final update, though, some minor fixes could be released later on if more glitches are found.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Cool, il a parlé d'éventuels prochains projets à tout hasard ?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:47 am Cool, il a parlé d'éventuels prochains projets à tout hasard ?
Tu as oublié de répondre en anglais ? :noel:

I don’t know if he’s gonna make another game for sure, though one of his YouTube comments implies he might be planning to make some new ones related to the Rayman franchise.
i will definitely take in consideration of adding more of the actual Rayman feeling in the future for other games that might come to my gamejolt page

hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

A very creative game, I like it a lot! I can't say it's scary but spooky Globox does make you run.