Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by Hunchman801 »

Some ruthless competition in the valley! :lol: As is customary with your levels, I like the narrative aspect here, but this time you've pushed it even further, great job. :bigup:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Very cool level, but really hard with all that red stuff! 😳
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

Post by DavidSosa »

Im with a problem, when i start ReDesigner for the first time, the screen is black, the audio plays and the keys work, maybe is because the program starts in a resolution superior to my mac´s one (im using wine and my mac is 1280x800) so how i change the resolution without seeing? same for redemption
i hate myself
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:07 pm With Joe now expanding into Band Land. Mr Dark opens a competing nightclub in the glitzy Acoustic Avenue. But is this club everything it seems?
Sorry for the extremely late reaction! Too many things happened in my life since the end of last month. :oops2:
This level was really awesome! The level design and backgrounds somehow keep getting better and the music is really fitting! :)
I really enjoyed all the difficulty changes and so I had a way better time with this one! I like how challenging it is while relying less on instakill obstacles! The new number of HP is definitely an improvement and helps the player to focus and to take every part of the level seriously rather than encouraging them to "skip" obstacles as the damage didn’t mean much in some of your recent levels, in my opinion. I really like where this is going! :up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I am finally back with something new! Skin packs and extra levels!
Let me introduce you the ColorFun and DarkLight skin packs! Each of these two bundles contains 22 skins (with their custom fists) and 2 small levels, so that’s 44 skins and 4 levels in total! RaYMaN 4 CoNFiRmED!!!!
Though, they are actually four packs, I originally released them as two bundles on Rayman Redistributor. Everything is in their name! The Color pack contains basic skins that simply change Rayman’s colours for most of them, the Fun pack contains funny and ridiculous skins, the Dark pack contains sinister skins (with a good number of transparent ones), and the Light pack contains more colourful skins with luminous effects.
I notice it’s also a funny coincidence that I came up with the DarkLight name around the same time when RaveyDavey released his latest level which used the same at some point! He got ahead of me! :noel:

As for the levels, they are as follows:
-The Skin Changing Room, which is the smallest one. The point is simply to try out your skins and some of Rayman’s animations.
-THE ULTIMATE UPDATE (my April Fools "level") filled with whoopie cushions and which I had shown on my YouTube channel before.
-The Lair of Darkness, which is the biggest one and the closest to a true level. It takes place in the dark and has a horror atmosphere.
-The Celestial Bay, a colourful slippery place which contains most of the game’s objects and enemies.
Every level contains only one section, so you can complete them very quickly.

ColorFun and DarkLight Packs Preview.png
ColorFun and DarkLight Packs Preview.png (496.07 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/saoa6qee ... k.zip/file

Original separate Raydistributor releases:
-ColorFun Pack.
-DarkLight Pack.

The Mediafire and Rayman Redistributor releases are the same, except the new combined version features custom content for the levels as well as a few minor changes.

Video demonstration:

Here are also special zip folders of all the four packs. The skins remain the same (aside from the original skins’ backup which has been removed), but the levels have no custom content and the following changes have been made:
-The Skin Changing Room has been restored to its original form before it was changed for release. As such, it’s only an empty room with a Gold Fist to try out your skins.
-The April Fools level uses the background it originally had, which is the pink version of the one used in the Raydistributor version.
-The dark effect in the Lair of Darkness has been toned down and the second track has been disabled.
-The Celestial Bay uses a different background.

Color Pack.zip
(308.37 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Fun Pack.zip
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Dark Pack.zip
(879.58 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Light Pack.zip
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 149 times

Have fun! I’m curious to know which skins are your favourites (if there’s any that you like, of course)! :D

Regarding The Spooky RayDungeon, I can’t deny I didn’t have the time to finish the complete version due to all the events that recently happened in my life, but I should have a -well deserved- update ready for it in the next days.
Besides, now that The Spooky Raymansion 3 has been released by Ryemanni, I have a few changes to make as a tribute to it… :hinhinhin:

EDIT: Halloween update ready! While many things still need to be completed and the True Ending still isn’t available, there are a lot of gameplay and visual improvements! The original endings have also been retweaked to offer the choice of either ending the game or going to the Warp Room to continue and find any item you may have missed. Section 5 has more content, but most of it is unplayable (though, you can try the unfinished parts by going into the editor). New backgrounds are also included as well as my Noseless Rayman skin!
I’ve currently uploaded it in only on Rayman Redistributor as it’s more convenient for future updates. The folder is still heavy, but at least it’s not as bad as the original release which was exclusively bundled with Rock’n’Run and its easier version.
https://raydistributor.com/content/RAY-6DD1-16
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

October in the Valley

After the events of Rayman, looks like the world was happy once again, but the enemies still have their dark side in their DNA.... You should stop them...Of this travel to 4 Rayman´s worlds!!

A level i made in ReDesigner, try to find the 24 cages, the 2 bonus leves are completely fun!

Have fun and play it now!

Record a video and play it!

Download link:
october-in-the-valley.zip
(27.92 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
ReDistribuitor code: RAY-EHUO-S7

PS: There is not the climb option my redesigner version!
i hate myself
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

RAYMAN ADVENTURES

An amazing adventure when you can fight enemies, ride the dino, run from the dark moskito while he´s chasing you in the dark, cool things, and lots of more stuff... Try to speedrun it and get all the cages!

A fun level that contains lots of hard moments, hidden cages and a Rayman 2 Prototype level.

Have fun and play it!!

Download link:
rayman-adventures.zip
(28.3 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
RAY-E9HT-1S
i hate myself
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I love the fun pack, thanks Rayman Saturn!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

hoodlumsworld wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:57 pm I love the fun pack, thanks Rayman Saturn!
You’re welcome! :mryellow:

If I find enough time for that, I should be able to finally complete The Spooky RayDungeon next year this month… though, I’m not promising anything. :hap:

Until then, here’s a first look at the Section 5’s prototype (which is still extremely incomplete)!
The video also contains a showcase of the (incomplete) hub world I was planning to use for my project Rayman 2D Dreamy Odyssey (which has been cancelled due to being way too ambitious and because Ryemanni never implemented some expected features like dialogs).

To make some last announcements (as I make way too many of them :noel: ), The Joy of Playing has been renamed ‘The Joy of Dreaming’ and is being rebuilt into a completely different level inspired by NiGHTS Into Dreams and Journey of Dreams. So far, to my own surprise, I believe it may end up being the best level I’ve made for this game…
As for Holy Plum’s Test and Rock’n’Run, some new versions are planned for Rayman Redistributor! Holy Plum’s Test is going to be rebuilt into an actual level (though, a small one) and Rock’n’Run in its two variations will be ‘remastered’ with many extra details in its layers and some slight improvements in the level design (I may also add some new content…). One of Rock’n’Run main flaws is how bare bones its environment looks (especially compared to the way more detailed creations I can make now), so I’m gonna use my current skills to make it prettier! Some basic custom skins are also gonna come with all of this!
Holy Plum Rayman Preview.png
Holy Plum Rayman Preview.png (11.21 KiB) Viewed 5002 times
Rock'n'Run Skins Preview.png
Rock'n'Run Skins Preview.png (21.93 KiB) Viewed 5002 times
Man, I really started way too many things. :oops2:
I’m making progress slowly on everything, but at least I won’t cancel any project any more as they all are going smoothly.

By the way, does this scene feel familiar to some of you? :)
The Joy of Dreaming - Skops.png
The Joy of Dreaming - Skops.png (339.31 KiB) Viewed 5002 times

RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hello again everyone. Hope you like mushrooms because Rayman is now about to embark on climbing the famous Mushroom Stalk.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdky4izgqqjgy ... 3.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content: Custom Music
Section 1: Find the key save the Gobbo from Croc 2
Section 3: Fairytales TV from Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko

Redistributor Code: RAY-N0Y0-OO
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Very well designed, I love it! ❤️ Is that a background from the GBC version of Rayman you used?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Two cakes for the price of one now? :manger: Great stuff RaveyDavey!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Really great one again! The mushroom part was incredibly well made and I liked the little details like the clouds pointing at secrets!
Honestly, you’re really carrying this topic with all your fantastic creations! :mrgreen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have something ‘new’! Remember my test levels? I remade them into a full-on level: Holy Plum’s Crusade! A silly adventure which uses my Holy Plum joke as its plot!
It got four sections (twice as much as before), with one of them being a bonus one in case you prefer something shorter.
It’s pretty easy as there are so many rewards available that’s it’s hard to lose! It’s still intended as a joke level and so I didn’t want it to be difficult (although you can still find ways to challenge yourself, like doing it without taking damage, which is especially tricky in the bonus section).
It also comes with custom music (mostly the plum themes from Rayman 3), the plum-themed skin I had shown in one of the earlier posts and Holy Plum’s Test Remix is still available with it.

Download link: https://raydistributor.com/content/RAY-2BAV-SK

I may make a Mediafire version later on with some extra stuff, but it’ll probably be bundled with Rock ’n’ Run’s ‘Ultimate Edition’ when it comes out.

As usual, here’s a lite version with no custom content (aside from the skin and its fist):
Holy Plum's Crusade.zip
(61.86 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hello again guys. Wishing you all season's greetings. Joe has thrown a Christmas party. Everyone is invited. But gate crashers are causing trouble. But Rayman can manage to defeat them.

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty7f7w2mxnk9b ... 3.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content: Custom Music Used
Section 1: Diamond Dust Act 1 from Sonic 3D Saturn
Section 2: Many Cats From James Pond 2
Section 3: Diamond Dust Act 2 from Sonic 3D Saturn
Section 4: The Great Hall from Crash Bandicoot
Section 5: Avalanche from Crash Banidcoot Wrath Of Cortex
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Amazing stuff, RaveyDavey! I’m really loving this Joe Saga! This fourth level was so fun and magical! I know for sure that I’m replay it more times eventually. :)
Also, very creative use of the Playtopia theme! That’s very fitting for Christmas! Overall I really enjoyed how you used the different themes in the environment and the gameplay! Ironically, you ended up making a better level with plums than what I just released! :noel:
And of course, I can’t refuse so many cakes! :mryellow:

Merry Christmas ahead of time to you! :partyhat:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great level again! Of course I'm totally partial to Christmas, but no doubt you've managed to create a true magic and festive atmosphere here. :noel:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Awesome level RaveyDavey1993! 👍
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by DavidSosa »

Hello friends, i did make a very hard level, it´s called Christmas in Heaven (inspired by the Monty Python song, also in-level).

It contains a very unfair level, with lots of kaizo-like instant death traps.

It´s very hard and you will die a lot, if you want, record gameplay! Download it here: https://raydistributor.com/content/RAY-RCKH-IE
i hate myself
Squiz
Oiseau Rouge
Tings: 142

Post by Squiz »

Modding Redesigner for fun

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice stuff! Don’t hesitate to share the modding techniques here. :D
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hold on, actual modding in Rayman ReDesigner? :shock:
This looks great! The true boss rush versions were some of the things I wanted to see the most in ReDesigner! :D
Could we expect a download eventually if possible?