Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Rayman ReDesigner

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Hello everyone! This topic is about Rayman ReDesigner, a fangame created by Ryemanni that aims to serve as a standalone level editor for Rayman Redemption, the fanmade remake of Rayman 1 released in 2020.
If for some reason you’ve never heard of Rayman Redemption before, I suggest you take a look at this topic created by Ryemanni: https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=26167

Link to the game’s page: https://gamejolt.com/games/Rayman_ReDesigner/539216

Rayman Redistributor (website to share your creations): Raydistributor

Basically, Rayman ReDesigner is for Redemption what Designer was for Rayman 1. It allows you to create your own levels and to play them with Rayman Redemption’s gameplay mechanics!

It’s packed with a lot of content! So almost all the objects and entities from Redemption are available in the game (including customization like the skins), with many new features! Such as the Laser-Washing Powders from Rayman 3 (plus a new one), or elements taken from classic 2D Rayman games and which were not present in Redemption (like the 2D prototype of Rayman 2).
There are also mounts (like Bzzit and the robot dinosaur from Rayman 2 2D) and some bosses are even available to chase you around!
Note: the game contains some secret objects! You can reveal them by using your "Home" key in the editor, then by entering "rdmrt" (in lower case) in the command prompt which will appear! You can find out more about these right here!

The editor allows to place collisions, graphics (with up to eight layers) and objects, and tweak many settings such as the music. You can also add custom graphics, which is the opportunity to put extra tilesets or more special visuals into the game!
ReDesigner allows you as well to create your own custom skins for Rayman and his fist, by editing the skin files that come with the game!
The editor can be pretty complex to use at first, so make sure to check the READ.ME file! Feel free to ask any question if there’s something you don’t understand.
Here’s a personal tip: consider creating a shortcut for your custom levels folder (which can be found in Users/[Your name]/AppData/Local/RaymanReDesigner), it will make your life easier.
Make sure to save your levels regurlarly. Some crashes may happen on some extremely rare occasions and it would be a shame to lose some of your hard work.

If you don’t feel too creative or if you want to see what kinds of possibilities ReDesigner can give you, the game is bundled with four levels: Pink Plant Woods (the Rayman 1 original), Revenge of Mr Skops, They Came From Outer Space, and Curse Chaos.

Mods:
Have fun and feel free to share your creations here! :up:
To quickly share your levels or skins, compress them into a .zip file and upload it here as an attachment.
If you intend to use custom music, backgrounds or graphics, bundle them with your level. It will probably exceed the RPC's maximum file size, so you'll have to upload your level somewhere else and share the link here. Note: audio files must be in ogg format and backgrounds/graphics/skins have to be in png format.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Levels (downloads available in each linked post):

Made by DavidSosa: Made by Dragolden: Made by impostor12: Made by lumgum: Made by Madder: Made by Mortamon Saturn: Made by RaveyDavey1993: Made by raymandesigner: Made by RaymanRedemption: Made by TheDuke: Made by TTK: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Skins:

Made by Mortamon Saturn: Made by Ray296/RaymanRedemption: Made by Squiz: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Graphics:

Made by Mortamon Saturn: Made by raymandesigner: Made by Squiz:

Here's also the French topic.
If you were looking for some Designer levels, you should check out this awesome site by Ray296: https://raymandesigner.com/
Last edited by Mortamon Saturn on Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:15 pm, edited 75 times in total.
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks again for the detailed presentation! Like I said earlier today, I hope to give it a try tonight. And this might be the occasion to get back into Redemption. 8)
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

While I’m at it, here’s the changelog for the 0.1.1 update:
-Pause crash

-Credits crash

-Changing between the fonts would make it look squashed

-Checkpoints not working

-Stoneman crash

-Cages, gifts and tokens would remain collected in test mode

-The Ui wouldn't scale correctly with some resolutions

-Powerup timers would decrease even when the game is paused

-Powerup sfx glitch

-Instakill stuff wouldn't kill you if you had iframes

-Some typos

-Tings from 1ups would glitch out after you enter the exit

-You could mount creatures when being tiny Rayman

-Crash when entering a teleport while on a mount

-The Shockrocket wouldn't react to joystick

-Some objects wouldn't save their properties when gendoored

-The Joe-sign would crash

-Quickmove Rayman wouldn't snap to grid

-Snap to grid wouldn't save when entering test mode

-Changing the tileset of another layer would show the wrong tileset highlight

-Drowning with the dino mount crash

-Rayman would keep running when on a pan under the run curse

-You couldn't move with the debug flight while on a pan

-Killdooring a pan wouldn't stop the pan behaviour

- , and . were flipped in the floating text font

-Killdooring a ring while hanging glitch

-Instakilled by the instakill type would cause rayman to fly weirdly
I highly recommend to anyone who still has the 0.1.0 version to download this new one as it fixes most of day one problems.

Edit: 0.1.2 is here! Here are the changes:
FIXED:

-Pause crash related to the fist

-Crash when landing on a mount while the fist was thrown

-Glitch when shooting at rings with mount projectiles and shockrocket

-Crash when shooting at 1ups with mount projectiles and shockrocket

-Couldn't unmount with gamepad controls

-Gendoors would show a link to the teleporters

-Checkpoint would show the wrong head sprite if you had a powerup

-Crash when loading a non-valid level

-WASD camera movement was too fast

-Prickly swing wouldn't retain the instakill flag if gendoored

-Crash when drowning with bzzit

ADDED/CHANGED:

-Saving window will now default to working directory

-Added customizable hotkeys for Reset Camera Pos and Enter Test Mode

-Gendoors and other triggers will now default their width and height to 1 to avoid confusion
And remember…

R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I have downloaded it. I am going to give this a try when I am able to. :bigup:

I must admit, the deal is sweetened since it allows you to add custom music and backgrounds of your own.

EDIT: On second thought..no.
Last edited by R4Y_ANC3L on Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Is there a built-in system to share maps, by the way? If not, this topic might be a great place to do so (and we can index them in the first post for easy access).
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

This looks pretty promising! I'll have to try it out when I have time. Life is busy lately. :roll:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:13 pm Is there a built-in system to share maps, by the way? If not, this topic might be a great place to do so (and we can index them in the first post for easy access).
Sadly, there isn’t one, which isn’t very surprising as it would be pretty difficult to make. Everything is done through .txt files.
Though, from what I’ve tried, you can play any level by copy pasting its text into any empty .txt file you can create by yourself. That way, you can bypass the need to use any downloading website (like Google Drive) for the sharing. However, the codes can be extremely long, I tried here and it said it couldn’t be posted as it was 2111013 characters long. :hap:
So, we need another solution for sharing very long texts. I found out about Paste.ee and I think it’s a good option (it’s free, you can put as many characters as you want and you can set the paste to never expire), but I don’t know if anybody uses anything better. Any suggestions? If there’s a way to put such a long text right here on the RPC and to select and copy it in only a few clicks, it would be absolutely perfect. :oops2:

In the meanwhile, I prepared a fun little level (in 0.1.2 version) which I very quickly put together for this purpose. I shared the code on Paste.ee: https://paste.ee/p/SLuEz
Use the copy icon to copy the text to your clipboard, create a .txt file and paste the code into it. Then, you only have to load the file through the game.

Tell me if it works! Have fun if it does! :mrgreen:
Btw, even though I’ve put some eye walls in front of them to prevent you from shooting them accidentally, make sure not to shoot the plums in the extra end part with Bzzit, or it may crash the game. Yeah, ReDesigner is still extremely unstable with that kind of stuff. :(

However, regarding custom stuff, as said in the read.me, any custom content (background or music) must be included with the level’s file if you want these contents to work for everyone who will download your level. A ‘Custom’ folder has been added with the first updates for that purpose. The custom assets also work if they’re loaded from ‘AppData/Local/RaymanReDesigner/Custom’. So, text only will not fully work in this kind of specific situation.
Also, beware, as levels created on an older version may have compatibility issues and you’ll always get a warning message about it.

So, anyway, as it was already said, feel free to share your levels here! :D

Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Steo wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:28 pm This looks pretty promising! I'll have to try it out when I have time. Life is busy lately. :roll:
Yeah, this exactly. I really look forward to trying this out when I have time. :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:21 am Sadly, there isn’t one, which isn’t very surprising as it would be pretty difficult to make. Everything is done through .txt files.
Not so much, really. In any case, much less than the game itself!

Anyway, I haven't played the game yet, but according to the readme, level files are stored in AppData/Local/RaymanReDesigner. Why bother copying their content into new text files or online pastebins if they can be shared directly?

The level you posted as an example is 726 KB as raw text file, but once compressed in a ZIP archive, it's only 5 KB, due to the highly repetitive structure of the level file, which would highly benefit from using a sparse matrix rather than a dense grid. Therefore, the easiest way to share levels is for users to compress them in a ZIP file, and post the archive as an attachment here. We can then maintain an index in the first post with links to the corresponding messages. :)
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:20 pmNot so much, really. In any case, much less than the game itself!
I played some big official games with terribly broken sharing services for custom contents and so I always assumed it wasn’t something easy to pull off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Though, if it isn’t so difficult, maybe we could expect a real sharing feature for the full release. That would make everything easier for everybody.
Hunchman801 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:20 pmAnyway, I haven't played the game yet, but according to the readme, level files are stored in AppData/Local/RaymanReDesigner. Why bother copying their content into new text files or online pastebins if they can be shared directly?

The level you posted as an example is 726 KB as raw text file, but once compressed in a ZIP archive, it's only 5 KB, due to the highly repetitive structure of the level file, which would highly benefit from using a sparse matrix rather than a dense grid. Therefore, the easiest way to share levels is for users to compress them in a ZIP file, and post the archive as an attachment here. We can then maintain an index in the first post with links to the corresponding messages. :)
I tried the method you suggested and it seems to work flawlessly! I didn’t know zip files could be shared directly here, so this didn’t come to my mind! To make sure it works for everyone, here’s the very same test level provided in a zip file:
Holy_ Plum's_Test_By_Rayman_Saturn.zip
(4.71 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
I added your method in the main post to make sure everyone here can follow it! :up:

All of that aside, 0.1.3 is here!
FIXED:

-All gendoors would default to width and height of 0

-Skid sfx option wouldn't save

-If you dismount the dinosaur while breathing fire the sound continues

-Crash when hitting plums and yin yangs with shockrockets

-Hammer clown couldn't be flipped

-You could still climb up and down if you used the shockrocket

-Crash when trying to move to a section that doesn't exist

-Couldn't ledgehang on a tile with instakill type above it

-Rain wouldn't stop when paused

-Fixed a section related crash when saving

CHANGES/ADDITIONS:

-Testmode hotkey now works both ways

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:51 pm I played some big official games with terribly broken sharing services for custom contents and so I always assumed it wasn’t something easy to pull off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Though, if it isn’t so difficult, maybe we could expect a real sharing feature for the full release. That would make everything easier for everybody.
Well, a basic sharing service is fairly easy to implement, but it's got very little to do with game development, so it might be best for the developer to focus on the editor itself and rely on the players to share their levels. Operating costs and maintenance work can also spiral out of control if the system is poorly developed.
Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:51 pm I tried the method you suggested and it seems to work flawlessly! I didn’t know zip files could be shared directly here, so this didn’t come to my mind! To make sure it works for everyone, here’s the very same test level provided in a zip file:
Holy_ Plum’s_Test_By_Rayman_Saturn.zip
I added your method in the main post to make sure everyone here can follow it! :up:
Great news, thanks for taking care of this!
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Hello, if you wanna test my first level on ReDesigner game, you can find it behind this message ! :)
The goal is to free all the 4 cages.

Someone knows how to set a limited number of lifes while playing a level? :?:
Attachments
MyMap--RaymanRedemption.zip
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks for sharing your creations, guys! :bigup: I have edited the first post to link directly to the messages containing the attachments (it's also possible to copy the link for the attachments directly but I think it's best to link to the presentation first), and I have also deleted the duplicate attachments (one centralized location is best ;)).
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

RaymanRedemption wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:56 pm Hello, if you wanna test my first level on ReDesigner game, you can find it behind this message ! :)
The goal is to free all the 4 cages.
Nice! I added a link to your message in the first post! :up:
RaymanRedemption wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:56 pmSomeone knows how to set a limited number of lifes while playing a level? :?:
I don’t think it’s possible to set an obligatory limited amount lives in custom levels. Though, players can disable infinite lives by themselves in the game’s options (at the bottom of ‘other settings’).
Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 pm Thanks for sharing your creations, guys! :bigup: I have edited the first post to link directly to the messages containing the attachments (it's also possible to copy the link for the attachments directly but I think it's best to link to the presentation first), and I have also deleted the duplicate attachments (one centralized location is best ;)).
Ah, that's better! Thanks! :D

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 am I don’t think it’s possible to set an obligatory limited amount lives in custom levels. Though, players can disable infinite lives by themselves in the game’s options (at the bottom of ‘other settings’).
Maybe the feature can be suggested to the developer, though?
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Hi!

I make the Antitoon's jail level (with ReDesigner 0.1.3) ! :mrgreen:
About 8min to play this level, I think.

Goal : get out of the jail, save electoons and take the gift!
Difficulty : moderate

I put some decoration in the level to make it credible with his name! :)
Attachments
Antitoons_jail_By_RR.zip
(6.81 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice, I've added it to the list as well. :)
raymandesigner
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 896

Post by raymandesigner »

Rayman's House My first Level Created.

Downloads
Pack with all levels (78.96 KiB) (contains Rayman's House, Rayman's Education and Green Forest Brothers)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks, it's on the list too. :up:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Sorry if I didn’t respond for a while, I was working on a pretty ambitious level! Thanks again to Hunchman for handling the links! :mrgreen:

The level should be released pretty soon! It will come with custom music and will contain three sections (plus a bonus one). It was quite hard to make as I had to make it very big since you’ll be running for most of the level. Working on it was also quite complex as it utilises a lot of mechanisms like gendoors and killdoors. It will be a pretty epic level! I hope you’ll enjoy it!

Since I pretty much mastered most of the editor due to all the things I had to work with, don’t hesitate to ask me any question about anything you don’t understand in the editor. :up:

Anyway, I tried all the levels you released! It was pretty good! Btw, it’s quite a funny coincidence to see all the people who released a level here until now have the name of a Rayman game! :mryellow: