Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

By the way, here’s the changelog for version 1.2.1 which has been released a few days ago. It contains some fixes for some oddities in the game that are here since the beginning as well for a few that were accidentally added in 1.2.0.
-Fixed 'Technical' tab displaying the wrong number of pages

-Fixed Rayman's sprite acting weird after going off-screen with the golden ring

-Fixed 'Dialogue sound style' still being in the options even though it didn't have any use

-Fixed toy cars not moving after being gendoored

-Fixed custom music not reacting to audio options while it was playing

-Fixed small Rayman's hanging animation acting weird while under a curse
Sadly, this means the dialogue system was never planned at all and was just a carry-over from Redemption. :(
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2780

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Hi there! :)
If some of you like Rayman 3, here's a nice level based on this game by Rain Man:
https://gamejolt.com/x/permalink/comment/8274453
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great job, RaveyDavey! That's a really neat level.
RaymanRedemption wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:11 am Hi there! :)
If some of you like Rayman 3, here's a nice level based on this game by Rain Man:
I like the idea, are there any videos of it?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm
RaymanRedemption wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:11 am Hi there! :)
I like the idea, are there any videos of it?
Apparently not. I did play these levels a bit, but I’m not very convinced personally (especially since two of them contain pretty much nothing and just make you fall into the void…), it really needs a lot more polishing.
Though, the Fairy Council and Bog of Murk levels are surprisingly pretty faithful to their source material, but they don’t play very well IMO and so I gave up after a few minutes. Though, it has a lot of potential and these levels could become a lot better with some big updates.
Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm Great job, RaveyDavey! That's a really neat level.
However, I did play RaveyDavey’s levels in their entirety and they were an absolute blast! They are some of my favourite levels in this game! I can’t recommend them hard enough! :angel:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:04 pm Though, the Fairy Council and Bog of Murk levels are surprisingly pretty faithful to their source material, but they don’t play very well IMO and so I gave up after a few minutes. Though, it has a lot of potential and these levels could become a lot better with some big updates.
Regardless, the Rayman 3 costumes were definitely a good addition to ReDesigner. :)
Squiz
Oiseau Rouge
Tings: 142

Post by Squiz »

Hi, just wanted to share with you this Arena Dark Rayman skin I made recently. :wink:

Preview.png
Preview.png (243.31 KiB) Viewed 4620 times
Arena_Dark_Rayman_Skin_By_Squiz.rar
(58.29 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:58 pm Regardless, the Rayman 3 costumes were definitely a good addition to ReDesigner. :)
Indeed they were! :mryellow:
Squiz wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:31 pm Hi, just wanted to share with you this Arena Dark Rayman skin I made recently. :wink:
Oh, very nice looking! It’s great to finally see something from Rayman Arena! :D

By the way, this got me thinking… We should make a skin section for the first post now!
I’ve added Squiz’s skin as well as the bundle made by RaymanRedemption a while ago. :)
Does it look good or should I change it? :?:

RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

Nice skin Squiz! :)
Rayman Saturn wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:03 pm I’ve added Squiz’s skin as well as the bundle made by RaymanRedemption a while ago. :)
Does it look good or should I change it? :?:
Thanks, it looks good! :up:

Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Nice work on the skin Squiz, it looks amazing!
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hey guys. It's time for a new Redesigner level from me. The Floating Islands. My interpretation of a Dream Forest level set high in the sky. It's time for Rayman to travel high into the clouds to discover the magic and majesty of the Floating Islands. These wondrous islands are suspended high above The Dream Forest. But be careful of the changing weather and weird creatures that lurk up there.

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbvnuwr27plc0 ... 3.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content:
Floating_Islands_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(50.4 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

This is the end, Rye confirms for sure he won't add any new content to ReDesigner.
Besides, he deletes the #suggestions channel in his server.

RIP Rayman ReDesigner.
I enjoyed it a lot, let's hope Rye will leave the source code one day.

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:55 pm Hey guys. It's time for a new Redesigner level from me. The Floating Islands. My interpretation of a Dream Forest level set high in the sky. It's time for Rayman to travel high into the clouds to discover the magic and majesty of the Floating Islands. These wondrous islands are suspended high above The Dream Forest. But be careful of the changing weather and weird creatures that lurk up there.

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbvnuwr27plc0 ... 3.zip?dl=0
A fantastic level once again! I really enjoyed the very unique concept of mixing Dream Forest with clouds and other objets from Band Land! It almost felt like an entirely new world! :D
I just wish a few parts were a bit easier, especially around the middle of the level. I’m mostly thinking of spikes with an instakill effect, which kinda defeats the purpose of starting with five health points. But overall, it was challenging in the right way! :up:

RaymanRedemption wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm This is the end, Rye confirms for sure he won't add any new content to ReDesigner.
Besides, he deletes the #suggestions channel in his server.

RIP Rayman ReDesigner.
I enjoyed it a lot, let's hope Rye will leave the source code one day.
Yup … while this is an amazing game, I feel it still lacks some things to be truly the ultimate Rayman 1 game alongside Redemption. It even misses a few things from the original Designer… RIP in Plums, Rayman ReDesigner…
But, hey, we still can keep it alive with our own creations! And if we do get the source code some day and some talented modders, it’ll have an amazing second life without a doubt! :angel:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

There are no Plums?? Blasphemy! :o I guess that's the reason I haven't felt the need to try it out for myself yet. :bad: Even though I've no problem with Origins and Legends, which also don't include Plums… Um…
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:54 pm There are no Plums?? Blasphemy! :o I guess that's the reason I haven't felt the need to try it out for myself yet. :bad: Even though I've no problem with Origins and Legends, which also don't include Plums… Um…
Actually, they are included! Like most of the stuff from Redemption and the original Rayman! It was just a joke, like when people say things like ‘RIP in Pepperoni’! :oops2:
I even made tons of easter eggs involving them! :mrgreen:
Capture d’écran (180).png
Capture d’écran (180).png (290.19 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
And it was such a shame they weren’t in the UbiArt games… :cry:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Sorry, I reread your post and realized I had misunderstood it in haste. Still, I couldn't be bothered to edit my post. :mrgreen:

That's a really nice Easter Egg anyway! :up:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

The game is still missing plums with eyes, like in PluM's own sig. :lol:

And yeah, awesome level again, RaveyDavey! It's really good, both from a visual and gameplay point of view.

I really like Squiz's Arena Dark Rayman too, it's very faithful to the original. :up:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:22 pm The game is still missing plums with eyes, like in PluM's own sig. :lol:

And yeah, awesome level again, RaveyDavey! It's really good, both from a visual and gameplay point of view.

I really like Squiz's Arena Dark Rayman too, it's very faithful to the original. :up:
Too bad we can’t resize objects or change their layers; otherwise we could make it in the game by ourselves. :lol:
Capture d’écran (282).png
Capture d’écran (282).png (635.14 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
Another thing I would have loved to see in ReDesigner would have been coloured Plums, like the ones in the Ray Breakout for example. :)

And this skin must be my current favourite! It just looks perfect! :mryellow:
PluMGMK wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:30 am Sorry, I reread your post and realized I had misunderstood it in haste. Still, I couldn't be bothered to edit my post. :mrgreen:

That's a really nice Easter Egg anyway! :up:
It’s OK!
And thanks! Here’s one more! :mrgreen:
Capture d’écran (281).png
Capture d’écran (281).png (380.85 KiB) Viewed 4355 times

By the way, all this talk about plums gave me some ideas for a new level... :bad:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:23 pm Too bad we can’t resize objects or change their layers; otherwise we could make it in the game by ourselves. :lol:

download/file.php?id=6288
This made me realize that the same could be done with lightning eyes, thereby giving birth to... evil plums. :bad:

And now I'm thinking that the above smilie could be used as the face of an evil plum smilie...

Speaking of resizing objects, I like the huge plums from RRR GBA too, even though Rayman would have to carry those so that's not just a matter of resizing them.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:53 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:23 pm Too bad we can’t resize objects or change their layers; otherwise we could make it in the game by ourselves. :lol:

https://raymanpc.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6288
This made me realize that the same could be done with lightning eyes, thereby giving birth to... evil plums. :bad:

And now I'm thinking that the above smilie could be used as the face of an evil plum smilie...

Speaking of resizing objects, I like the huge plums from RRR GBA too, even though Rayman would have to carry those so that's not just a matter of resizing them.
Plot twist: smileys were just plums with eyes all along. :paranormal:

These huge plums would be a great addition! Though, I don’t think it would be necessary for Rayman to carry them, they could be changed to fit ReDesigner’s gameplay mechanics. They could just be pushed around like normal ones while being heavier like the giant lava rocks. And if they were somehow made even heavier, you could have to use to some special gameplay mechanics like the Heavy Metal Fist to push them.
This makes me think that a new interesting mechanic could be to be able to push them on spikes to convert them into platforms. If we had even bigger plums, this could be used to cross huge gaps with spikes at the bottom. Though, just using them to bounce above obstacles as usual would still work fine, I guess.

RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

A new Redesigner level from me: Lum Carnival!

Here comes a celebration in Band Land. A celebration to blow your minds. A celebration to dazzle you. A celebration to really enjoy. All taking place in the wonderful hills of Rayman's musical world. But watch out. Danger is always never too far away.

Video

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z87nr091dpkes ... 3.zip?dl=0

Custom Music
Section 2: Baguji the Wiseman from Klonoa 2
Section 3: Roadrunner Rag (Unused Music) from Crash Bandicoot 4

Version without the custom content:
Lum_Carnival_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(55.82 KiB) Downloaded 119 times