Rayman ReDesigner

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Re: Rayman ReDesigner

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Here it is… I’ve finally created it… The ultimate abomination… 2D NOSELESS RAYMAN. :fou:

RAYMAN HAS JOINED THE GAME.png
RAYMAN HAS JOINED THE GAME.png (239.49 KiB) Viewed 4497 times

So, jokes aside, I’ve been trying to make a Noseless Rayman skin to bundle with my level The Spooky RayDungeon (as a reference to The Spooky Raymansion) and this is so far the best I could come up with.
Making Noseless Rayman in 2D is quite tricky as he’s usually always seen from the front and so I would like to gather some opinions about this totally cursed monstrosity. Do you think it looks good enough? And if not, what could be improved?
I’ve purposely tried to make it weird and silly to perfectly capture the spirit of Noseless Rayman and I’m not aiming to make a perfect high-quality skin, but I would like to know what other people think about it. :bad:

I’ve also made a custom fist that looks like Noseless Rayman’s grasping hand.

Noseless Rayman's Hand.png
Noseless Rayman's Hand.png (753.11 KiB) Viewed 4497 times

Here’s a downloadable prototype for the skin and its fist (which I won’t add to the main post for obvious reasons):
Rayman has joined the game.zip
(45.26 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I love the idea, but I think the side view fails to capture the creepiness of Noseless Rayman. Have you considered keeping the same lower face, but changing only the direction of the eyes when he's not facing the screen?
RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu
Tings: 100

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hello again guys. I'm back with a brand new Redesigner level. Geography Mania. A Rayman Junior inspired level that will really put you through your paces with your geography knowledge. Will you take the test?

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw1g48q92qvw9 ... 3.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content:
Geography_Mania_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(82 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Redistributor Code: RAY-DP69-D6
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

This is a brilliant idea! Looks like a lot of fun, I'll give it a try as soon as I find a minute. And man, I know a lot of people that could use more geography-themed games. :P
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I'm back! And I have a surprise! After playing, The Dark Magician's Reign of Terror for the first time, an idea came to me... Make my own short sequel in ReDesigner! And so, I started making yet another overly ambitious project that will take me a thousand years to complete. :hap:
A special thing with this level is that it contains five worlds (which you'll be able to access or return to through a hub section):
-Return to Flint Jail.
-The Crimson Forest.
-The Magic Skies.
-The Volcanic Stomach.
-The True Final Showdown.
Each one of them contains its two short "levels" for a total of 10 sections.
Not only The Dark Magician's Revenge uses Reign of Terror's soundtrack with some slight modifications (like mixing some ambient tracks with it) but also comes with its own custom backgrounds for some of its worlds. You can already see those things in this new video:

You can also see some more footage of The Witch's Wonderland, as its third section has already a lot of content.

This time, I'll allow you to try out the prototypes! You'll also be able to notice a few improvements since what you saw in the previous video.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ehot0sc ... 0.zip/file
The bundle contains the following contents:
-The Dark Magician’s Revenge (Section 1).
-The Witch’s Wonderland (Section 1 and incomplete Section 2 + Section 3).
-The Solar Desert (Section 1).
-Balloon Madness (unfinished Section 1 and Section 2/3).
-The Joy of Playing (Section 1).
-Two versions of a Noseless Rayman skin (a more expressive one with custom looks and a more faithful front-facing one with nearly no change of expression).

As for The Spooky RayDungeon's full version, I've been going through some very slow progress as I got really bored of working on the level... I still want to finish it, but like the Spooky Raymansion games, you may have to expect it for Halloween. :bad:
By the way, I've also made a few custom backgrounds for it, but don't expect anything crazy.

hoodlumsworld wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:36 am I love the idea, but I think the side view fails to capture the creepiness of Noseless Rayman. Have you considered keeping the same lower face, but changing only the direction of the eyes when he's not facing the screen?
Sorry for the late response! :oops2:
Thanks for the feedback! Your idea is good, although it doesn't really work well as it would require too much changes to the faces themselves so the eyes and the lower face would still look good together.
So, instead, I simply attempted to make another version with a front-facing face... and personally, I think it looks surprisingly good! I thought it would look weird to have his head always seen from the front, but this is way better than I expected. It's far from being as expressive, but it's creepier and way more faithful to Noseless Rayman's usual behavior. I've also replaced his grimace with a red face and his golden fist with a red one as a reference to his "angry" chase with the red lighting in The Spooky Raymansion.
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman.png
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman.png (463.05 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (2).png
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (2).png (432.7 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (3).png
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (3).png (493.79 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (4).png
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (4).png (528.24 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (5).png
Front-Facing Noseless Rayman (5).png (104.46 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Noseless Rayman is a l w a y s looking at you...

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:10 pm Hello again guys. I'm back with a brand new Redesigner level. Geography Mania. A Rayman Junior inspired level that will really put you through your paces with your geography knowledge. Will you take the test?
Very good level! I may not be fond of the edutainment aspect and the instakill punishments, but this is really beautiful and the level design is top-notch! :mrgreen:

hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Thanks for the preview, Rayman Saturn. You've actually made a lot of progress since you last mentioned those projects, and the sequel to Reign of Terror is an interesting idea too.

And you're right about Noseless Rayman, it's pretty much what I meant, only without even changing the eyes, and it looks surprisingly good. I hope the project gets released one day, even if it takes a long time. 👍
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:38 pm This is a brilliant idea! Looks like a lot of fun, I'll give it a try as soon as I find a minute. And man, I know a lot of people that could use more geography-themed games. :P
Well, it was a lot of fun! I only made one mistake, and that's because I was too slow to jump off the flat rock, but otherwise I got all the right answers, which is reassuring for my geography skills. I did die a lot though, but that's just because I suck at the game. :lol:

I especially liked the final stage that made the whole thing very much reminiscent of an actual Rayman Junior level, and I guess I must also say thanks for the cake. :mrgreen:
RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hello again guys :) Rayman takes to the Candy Chateau to attend the Bonbon Bonanza party. Watch out though. Dark Rayman is bringing bad weather and misery. Make it through and fun will be all yours.

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4cebvhvqzzwl ... 3.zip?dl=0

Bonbon_Bonanza_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(41.05 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Custom Music Used

Section 1: Crystal Bearers Ramble From Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers
Section 2: Crystal Locomotive From Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers
Section 3: The Rowdy From Dark Cloud
Section 4 & 5: Vineyard From Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers

Redistributor Code: RAY-RJPM-QW
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I think this might just be my favorite of your levels so far! Challenging, but very well thought. 👍
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

A great level indeed! Thanks for sharing, RaveyDavey. :D
RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Hello again guys. I'm back with a brand new Redesigner level. Planet Pictoria. All aboard Joe's UFO to take a trip to a mysterious distant planet. What will await our intrepid hero?

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/feuqfzb9hxeta ... 3.zip?dl=0

Planet_Pictoria_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(40.1 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Redistributor Code: RAY-J3CM-R0
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

RaveyDavey1993 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:28 pm Hello again guys. I'm back with a brand new Redesigner level. Planet Pictoria. All aboard Joe's UFO to take a trip to a mysterious distant planet. What will await our intrepid hero?

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/feuqfzb9hxeta ... 3.zip?dl=0

Planet_Pictoria_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip

Redistributor Code: RAY-J3CM-R0
looks awesome I'll check it out dude :D
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Awesome, I think this is my new favorite level of yours!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I really like the choice of colors in this one, RaveyDavey. It creates some kind of otherworldly version of Picture City that's very pleasant to watch. Well done again!
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

I really enjoyed this level and especially the creativity that went into it!
Also, I love the reference to the Balloons mini-game from Rayman 3! I see I'm not the only one who thought to recreate it in some way. :mryellow:

RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

Welcome to part 1 of a series about Joe expanding his empire in Rayman's World. But Mr Dark is trying to thwart it.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9efe18dn79t7p ... 3.zip?dl=0

Cliffs_Of_Peril_By_Ravey_Davey_1993.txt.zip
(31.78 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Custom Music

Section 1: Forest Land From Adventures Of Lomax
Section 2: Desert Land From Adventures Of Lomax
Section 3: Unused Music From Adventures Of Lomax

Redistributor Code: RAY-2NTD-36
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Cool story, I like how you're building on top of the Rayman lore! However this one is really hard! :shock:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:44 pm Cool story, I like how you're building on top of the Rayman lore! However this one is really hard! :shock:
You gotta deserve that cake! :P Anyway, I like the idea of a saga, this reminds of me of Rayman Saturn's ambitious projects.
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:07 pm
hoodlumsworld wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:44 pm Cool story, I like how you're building on top of the Rayman lore! However this one is really hard! :shock:
You gotta deserve that cake! :P Anyway, I like the idea of a saga, this reminds of me of Rayman Saturn's ambitious projects.
The main difference with mine is we can count on RaveyDavey to actually finish them or to release them in less than 9 months after their announcement. :hap: :oops2:

Self-deprecation aside, I enjoyed this new level! The backgrounds gave it such a refreshing atmosphere for Rayman! :D
Although, I personally have some criticism that I have been thinking about since a few levels and that I would like to express now. The player has way too many health points from the beginning, and at the same time there are too many instakill obstacles.
You can literally ignore many obstacles as their damage is barely enough to kill you and at the same time there are a lot of spikes and Antitoons with unnecessary instakill effects (some of them do fit, especially when they come right after a checkpoint, but most others could have easily been normal traps).
This ends up creating a contradiction in the level’s pacing since you can easily rush through some parts that should be challenging and yet you have to take a lot of time and focus to go through the other ones. A good example of that in that level was the part where you have to ride Bzzit and go through instakill spinning spikes and some moving water with an extremely precise timing, while some big lava balls meaninglessly try to block your way as you damage boost through them with your tons of HPs. This part alone gave me about 6 deaths.
Still, I do find the difficulty enjoyable and fair enough, but these things tend to create a lot of frustrations that could be easily avoided in such well-designed levels. In my opinion, it would be better to remove a few health points (between 2 and 4) and convert fewer obstacles into instakill ones.

RaveyDavey1993
Lums Bleu

Post by RaveyDavey1993 »

With Joe now expanding into Band Land. Mr Dark opens a competing nightclub in the glitzy Acoustic Avenue. But is this club everything it seems?

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxqqnqtljfghk ... e.zip?dl=0

Version without the custom content: Custom Music
Section 1: Sunny Villa From Spyro 3 Year Of The Dragon
Section 2: Glimmer From Spyro 2 Gateway To Glimmer/ Ripto's Rage
Section 3: Funk It Up From Bratz PS1