Rayman 2 Remake | Trailer

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Lokendens
Poilu
Tings: 2040

Rayman 2 Remake | Trailer

Post by Lokendens »

Hello everybody !
For the past 10 months I was working on a project to remake the Rayman 2 intro animation. I did everything from scratch in a 3D software called Blender. I used the render engine Octane render to render the scenes out and then made the post production in After Effects. I really hope you will like it I am so happy to finally be able to show this to everybody ! Here is the link to the YouTube video, watch in 4K and with headphones for best experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZs-kTjM9Wk
Last edited by Lokendens on Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Re: I fully remade the intro for Rayman 2

Post by Hunchman801 »

This is really stunning, I can only imagine how much work went into this! No wonder it took you ten months in total, not only does it look really, really good, I also like the artistic touch here, and the scene with the Lums scattering all over the Glade is a great addition. Again, great work here! :bigup:
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

It is absolutely amazing, one of the best fanworks I have seen, thanks for sharing! Maybe you could start a Patreon and remake other cutscenes from Rayman or other retro games.
Lokendens
Poilu

Post by Lokendens »

Elite Piranha wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:32 pm Maybe you could start a Patreon and remake other cutscenes from Rayman or other retro games.
Thank you very much! I did think about patreon, but I do already have a fulltime job, so all of these would have to be made after work. Since this one took me 10 months to make I think the other ones also will take more that half a year and making updates so rare would not be fair to the patrons in my pinion. I will think about it though !
Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:12 pm This is really stunning, I can only imagine how much work went into this! No wonder it took you ten months in total, not only does it look really, really good, I also like the artistic touch here, and the scene with the Lums scattering all over the Glade is a great addition. Again, great work here! :bigup:
Thank you very much! A lot of work went into this yes, it was an amazing project to recreate my favorite game. I am so happy that I finally finished it and can show it to Rayman fans all around the world!
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

This looks incredible! Awesome work, I love it. Now I want to see more, but I understand it's not very likely given the time it took you. Still, a great tribute. 👍
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Absolutely amazing work! :D 10 months well-spent with Blender I say! :up:
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

This looks really good, really well done. Nice work! :up:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Retrofuge
Reflux
Tings: 8045

Post by Retrofuge »

This is actually one of the greatest animations, I have been in a while. You have done a very good job sir!

I exist, just finding stuff of interest.
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

This remake is just awesome! :o

I was surprised by the new scenes, and I appreciated these additions a lot. Good work! :wink:
Lokendens
Poilu

Post by Lokendens »

Flat Earth Society wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:07 pm This remake is just awesome! :o

I was surprised by the new scenes, and I appreciated these additions a lot. Good work! :wink:
Steo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:05 pm This looks really good, really well done. Nice work! :up:
Retrofuge wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:19 am This is actually one of the greatest animations, I have been in a while. You have done a very good job sir!

Thank you all for the kind words ! I am so happy that people in the Rayman community like my work!!
boomboleros7
Mr Stone
Tings: 68091

Post by boomboleros7 »

Impressive! :o I watched your video with another person who grew up with Rayman 2 like me, you have our congrats for your amazing work! :up:

Signature réalisée par Gnaax
Sa chaîne YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterSparta87
Son DeviantArt : http://gnaax.deviantart.com/
MisterDark'sFanClub
Céloche
Tings: 7890

Post by MisterDark'sFanClub »

That was one of the most amazing Rayman-related fanworks I have ever seen! Wonderful job!
"You're fragile, too. But at least you can be put back together." ~Mr. Dark (Shadows of Magic AU)
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

I strongly encourage people to watch this video of terapop with Lokendens/TheMrLeoniasty, it includes a bts of how this amazing intro was made:

ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8638

Post by ItzalDrake »

Already watched it, great interview!
I did not know how popular is Rayman in Poland, now I understand why most of my Rayman fan friends are Polish! :D
Hello! Image
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

This was very instructive, thanks Lokendens for detailing all the process! This only stresses the crazy amount of work that went into this.
Lokendens
Poilu

Post by Lokendens »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:31 pm This was very instructive, thanks Lokendens for detailing all the process! This only stresses the crazy amount of work that went into this.
No problem ! I will be making a more detailed/organised breakdown of how I made the whole thing soon. It will be uploaded to my channel, so stay tuned !
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I loved the video too, thanks Lokendens. I can't wait to learn more.
Lokendens
Poilu

Post by Lokendens »

Hi, it's me again !
It has been a while, but it took me a lot longer than I thought it would but here it is ! I know a lot of you wanted to see this so here you go.
A CGI Breakdown of the Rayman 2 animation I have made a while back, hope you like it !

https://youtu.be/qjyaVQbzZlg
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Very cool, nice work on the music syncing! :D

Since you ask at the end of the video, I think my favourite scene is the one with the Lums flying in. Not sure why, but it is! :hap:
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. It is difficult to pick one favorite scene, but I guess I'll also pick the part when you see the Heart of World actually explode and the yellow lums being scattered.