Rayman 3 HH DX

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Rayman 3 HH DX

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc DX is an upcoming remake/remaster of Rayman 3 that looks very promising!

It's currently using the up-scaled Rayman 3 HD textures for all the assets, and a lot of the models are remade. It even plans to incorporate some of U2B's awesome animated characters.

You can follow the game's development on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rayman3HHDX

PS: A demo is expected soon! PM the game's author on Twitter if you're interested in playtesting it, or if you want to help with the project.

Screenshots:

Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Re: Rayman 3 HH DX

Post by Elite Piranha »

That's great, I wonder how many remakes and fangames are in the process of being made at this point.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

It looks promising indeed, but it's still a long way until functional gameplay, so I hope the author keeps it up. :)
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

The graphical enhancement do look great! Thank you for sharing hoodlumsworld.
Retrofuge
Reflux
Tings: 8045

Post by Retrofuge »

The game looks pretty good, I hope to see more from it when the trailer drops, it's really exicting.

I exist, just finding stuff of interest.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

OH THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102730

Post by PluMGMK »

Wow, I clearly didn't pay this enough attention back when it was first posted!

The screenshots look stunning, but retain the cartoonish feel of the original game (actually I'm wondering if they feel a bit more like Rayman 2 than 3, but that's neither here nor there – it's great either way). The Red Lums strike me as looking a bit like mini-Protoons – I wonder if that was intentional…
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

Is user of Rayman 3 in Unreal Engine 4 really behind this or not? Anyway it looks cool and great. Really impressive.
U2B
Tribelle
Tings: 285

Post by U2B »

gamerz31w wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:05 pm Is user of Rayman 3 in Unreal Engine 4 really behind this or not? Anyway it looks cool and great. Really impressive.
These are just my allegations taken literally out of nowhere :D no legit info or anything
Rayman 2-like fan-game in Unity (my project)
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25903
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

Oh okay.
Misterfan2000
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Misterfan2000 »

If anyone didn't know, the project is now canceled:
https://twitter.com/Rayman3HHDX/status/ ... 7681734661

As part of the development team, it saddens me that such an ambitious project and in addition to my favorite game in the franchise is canceled.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Oh shit, that's a lot of drama. Hacking, doxing and impersonation? The Rayman community on Twitter can really be the worst.

I have also read that the owner of that Twitter account targeted Steo by sending him a fake game with a virus payload. Is that true, or was it an impersonator? At least I'm glad this place is safe from all the drama.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

It's terrible to hear that. Gotta be careful with the games you download.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78135

Post by The Jonster »

The account and its tweets are all gone now...I'm sorry to hear that things have turned out this way. There just always has to be that one person who wants to start things. I hope the people on the team who were not involved in this are alright and will be able to recover.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
AxolotlGames
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by AxolotlGames »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:36 am Oh shit, that's a lot of drama. Hacking, doxing and impersonation? The Rayman community on Twitter can really be the worst.

I have also read that the owner of that Twitter account targeted Steo by sending him a fake game with a virus payload. Is that true, or was it an impersonator? At least I'm glad this place is safe from all the drama.
This isn't true, Rayman 3 HHDX had absolutely nothing to do with that stuff. It was beef with a minor contributor to the project and Steo. Yet Retrofuge decided to pull Rayman 3 HHDX through the mud cause he failed to do any sort of communication. I know this cause the owner of the Twitter account was my friend, the person in question who was apparently going to send a "virus" was someone who just did music for the project.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

AxolotlGames wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:12 am This isn't true, Rayman 3 HHDX had absolutely nothing to do with that stuff. It was beef with a minor contributor to the project and Steo. Yet Retrofuge decided to pull Rayman 3 HHDX through the mud cause he failed to do any sort of communication. I know this cause the owner of the Twitter account was my friend, the person in question who was apparently going to send a "virus" was someone who just did music for the project.
Thanks for clarifying. Steo also confirmed on Discord that it was not the owner of the Twitter account who sent him a virus, but someone called Nate, who used to go by R2M (and a contributor to Rayman 3 HH DX). I don't think Retrofuge meant to make false accusations, but he should have been more careful.
AxolotlGames
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by AxolotlGames »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:54 am
AxolotlGames wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:12 am This isn't true, Rayman 3 HHDX had absolutely nothing to do with that stuff. It was beef with a minor contributor to the project and Steo. Yet Retrofuge decided to pull Rayman 3 HHDX through the mud cause he failed to do any sort of communication. I know this cause the owner of the Twitter account was my friend, the person in question who was apparently going to send a "virus" was someone who just did music for the project.
Thanks for clarifying. Steo also confirmed on Discord that it was not the owner of the Twitter account who sent him a virus, but someone called Nate, who used to go by R2M (and a contributor to Rayman 3 HH DX). I don't think Retrofuge meant to make false accusations, but he should have been more careful.
The whole situation was just dumb, Retro should have looked more into it. Instead he made a whole announcement about R3HHDX being behind it. And the owner was just tired of dealing drama, he already was dealing with a person impersonating him then had to deal with that stuff. So he just didn't wanna be a part of this community anymore
The Jonster wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:48 pm The account and its tweets are all gone now...I'm sorry to hear that things have turned out this way. There just always has to be that one person who wants to start things. I hope the people on the team who were not involved in this are alright and will be able to recover.
The rest of the team are more so affected by the owner of the project being falsely accused of this stuff, though they're alright now. None of the team or even R3HHDX was involved with this, it was just a guy who sometimes helped on the project. But this same guy helps on several other projects, most notably Scepter of Leptys. So I don't know why R3HHDX got targeted by Retros announcement
Last edited by PluMGMK on Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Hi. Firstly, I want to apologise to the R3HHDX team for how this all panned out, I didn't want to see their project being ruined. I want to clarify exactly what happened so everything is taken in the correct context.

I used to talk to Nate a lot in 2021, and we just had fun messing about in Rayman 3 while streaming to each other. When people had the option to get the COVID vaccine, I took my option, knowing that I would want to travel and I would be restricted from doing so if I didn't get the vaccine. After I got the vaccine, Nate said something weird to Hayabusa about "flicking Steo in the eye for getting his clotty", referring to me getting the vaccine, and how it will give me blood clots. After hearing this, I distanced myself from Nate, because I no longer trusted him.

A few weeks later, a troll account with Nate's girlfriend's name joined the Discord server, while myself and a few others accused this account of being Nate. I understand that I shouldn't have done this and just pointed the finger, but at the time it just seemed likely, given the above context. Months later, Nate heard about the fact that I accused this account of being him, then decided to make a childish insult about my teeth, along with a plan to dox me using a game containing a RAT (Remote Access Trojan) in order to get revenge (for something insignificant I could have just apologised for). He had told Hayabusa about his plan, and thought Hayabusa was against me too, not realising he relayed it all onto me.

Retro was annoyed when he made the announcement, thinking "people are picking on Steo yet again" and it just annoyed him. Nate wasn't the owner of the account is the issue unfortunately, just a member of the team, while the rest of the team had absolutely nothing to do with what happened.

___

With all that being said, I hope the owner and other team members are ok, and I apologise that they all got caught up in the crossfire. Hopefully one day the project will be revived...
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Is there a particular reason the drama had to actually ruin the project? The few people you interacted with here on Twitter aren't the only people in the world who like Rayman or videogames; don't let such a silly thing kill your dreams! I absolutely think you guys should move past this and keep working on it.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

AxolotlGames wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:15 pm The rest of the team are more so affected by the owner of the project being falsely accused of this stuff, though they're alright now.
Nice to hear that the others are ok. I really hope that they will revive this project again in the future.
AxolotlGames wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:15 pm None of the team or even R3HHDX was involved with this, it was just a guy who sometimes helped on the project.
This is true, the team wasn't behind this, nor was the actual owner. Nate planned this alone, but claimed that he didn't actually go through with it; it's possible that the exe he sent was just a false positive, but even if it was a false positive, he had still planned to send me a malicious one at one point, meaning the intention was there and I was skeptical about it. Still though, the rest of the team had nothing to do with this and nobody should be pointing fingers at them for something they had no involvement in.
Adsolution wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:34 pm Is there a particular reason the drama had to actually ruin the project? The few people you interacted with here on Twitter aren't the only people in the world who like Rayman or videogames; don't let such a silly thing kill your dreams! I absolutely think you guys should move past this and keep working on it.
I agree, it shouldn't escalate this far to the point of ruining things. Silly drama always happens on the internet. I don't think people even mind if Nate still works on the project too tbh, it's just me he had a problem with for whatever reason. Retro just tried to put it out there because doxxing can be harmful, but the mistake is that it wasn't Nate's project.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687