𝐑𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐧 - Illuminated Knights (2D FanGame In-Development)

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
XBAlizE
Lums Rouge
Tings: 60

𝐑𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐧 - Illuminated Knights (2D FanGame In-Development)

Post by XBAlizE »

𝐑𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
(Banner Image - Coming Soon!)

Welcome to the Official Thread for 𝐑𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬.
This is a project that I've been working on for a few weeks now. It's not ready to be shared with the Public Audience in terms of visuals.
However, I'd like to start this thread with the announcement that Rayman Illuminated Knights will be a FanGame created from true passion for the series.
In the future, I plan to work on mini-Rayman projects that will explore many different styles. I'm very excited to share with you this project today.
Rayman Illuminated Knights will be taking a lot of inspiration from the Lums in Rayman 3: Hoodlums Havoc. It won't be my 3D FanGame Project for Rayman.
I've thought about making it 3D several times over the past few weeks but I've come to final decision that this FanGame will be created in a 2D Engine.

However, Rayman's visuals will have a fresh new look in the 2D World. As you may have already noticed, Rayman Illuminated Knights will be set in a slightly mixed Medieval-like setting. I've already got several different design ideas for how I'd like each level to look. I've also written lots of notes that will be used in development. There's a lot of interesting new gameplay mechanics that will allow Rayman to wear different clothing that will grant special powers. Very similar to Rayman 3. However, the story will be loosely connected to the original Rayman games. While I've put a lot more focus into the gameplay itself. I feel that the gameplay mechanics need to feel very Rayman-like. I'd like to improve upon the existing Rayman gameplay mechanics and introduce some new ones that will allow for some interesting movement.

𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
Rayman is snoozing underneath Globox's newly planted tree. Globox shares with Rayman that the tree is filled with a special type of dream essence that runs through the honey-like sap. Rayman's gloves scare a lum into becoming a red lum. The red lum drinks from the honey-like sap and Rayman becomes entangled in a dream-like world with their minds all connected together. Globox was dreaming of being a Knight saving a Princess while Rayman was dreaming about his next adventure. What does a Red Lum dream of? That is the question that is yet to be answered...

More to come!

Thank you for reading!

I'll be sharing a lot more information over the next few weeks!

Any Questions? Feel free to leave a comment below and I'll answer all your questions!
I'm aware there's not too much information here right now but this will change, I promise!

- X
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Re: 𝐑𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐧 - Illuminated Knights (2D FanGame In-Development)

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I love the idea, hope you will share more details soon. The story is very original and I'm especially interested in the additional gameplay mechanics you mentioned: please share more when you can. 😄
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Sounds promising! Have you decided which engine to use? Are you going to reuse some content or create everything from scratch?
XBAlizE
Lums Rouge

Post by XBAlizE »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:34 pm I love the idea, hope you will share more details soon. The story is very original and I'm especially interested in the additional gameplay mechanics you mentioned: please share more when you can. 😄
Thank you kindly, hoodlumsworld. I'm really glad you love the idea! I'll certainly be sharing more details soon. I'm currently working on an update to this thread now. I appreciate the kind words. The story isn't the main focus but it's certainly something I had a lot of fun working on. I'll be sharing the additional gameplay mechanics later. Thanks again, I'll share more when I can, absoulutely! :)

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:21 pm Sounds promising! Have you decided which engine to use? Are you going to reuse some content or create everything from scratch?
Thank you kindly, Hunchman801. Currently, I'm just working on the designs with a great friend of mine that I've recently met. I don't plan to reuse any content from any of the Official Rayman Games. Everything will be built and developed from scratch. I'm very excited to share some of the awesome work that we've got so far! Stay tuned!
XBAlizE
Lums Rouge

Post by XBAlizE »

Small Update:
Progression on this project is certainly going a lot smoother now. It may be small steps in terms of the grand scale of things but I'm very excited to be working on this project with a new friend of mine. I'll add that person to the credits once I've written the next update sometime next week. In the meantime, I really hope this demonstrates the visual representation of the style of Rayman we wish to create. Changes may certainly occur overtime, don't accept this as the finalized version. Changes are expected. Thank you for the questions you've been asking recently, I'm very happy that there's Rayman fans wanting to know more about the project. I'll post another update soon! Thank you for your patience! :]

- X
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Is that based on the sprite from R3 GBA? Looks pretty good either way.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

When you say lum, do you mean the UbiArt ones? Now I'm going to start to wonder what happens if you scare every type of lum :mrgreen:.

The sprite looks great!
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

It does look like it's based on the R3 GBA one, but it looks great regardless. Good work! :D
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Yeah it looks really good, great work on this! :up:
paulnewman2001
Otto Psi
Tings: 6360

Post by paulnewman2001 »

Cool idea!, like the story, great sprite as well, it somewhat looks like a mix of GBA R3 and RR one.
ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8638

Post by ItzalDrake »

Wow, it looks promising!
I love the style used on that sprite, I've never seen Fifi making pixel art before and it looks great!
Hello! Image
NocnaFifi
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3090

Post by NocnaFifi »

ItzalDrake wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:22 pm Wow, it looks promising!
I love the style used on that sprite, I've never seen Fifi making pixel art before and it looks great!
Thank You! It's my first attempt on pixel arts and I still can't belive it went so good ;3
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Keep up the good work, then! I hope to see more of this. :)
XBAlizE
Lums Rouge

Post by XBAlizE »

Small Update [2]:
Progression is certainly moving forwards smoothly. Fifi has been busy working on the animations for the Rayman - Illuminated Knights Sprites. We currently have several animations completed. However, there will certainly be changes made if we happen to be unsatisfied with any of the exisitng sprite work. Fifi is working very hard on these sprites and the animation alongside contributing to the team with a new member that will be joining us shortly. I'll allow them to introduce themselves in the near future on this Main Thread. In the meantime... I'd just like to say: Thank you so much for all of the support from the RaymanPC Community! It's honestly been a very thrilling experience with a whole lot more motivation built from your comments. If you ever think that you posting a comment here doesn't help us. Allow me to reassure you that your comments are like the fuel to our Creativity. We are creating this Rayman FanProject together! All of us working together like Ubisoft has failed to do for a very long time. Ouch, but in all seriousness. Let's make this project that best it can be!

I'll post another update soon! Thanks again,

Kind Regards,

- X
mistercallumb
Créature
Tings: 310

Post by mistercallumb »

That animation is looking clean. Can't wait to see it in motion in the game itself! Have you decided which engine you're going to be using? :)
Making a Rayman Fangame called Rayman: The Dreamer's Boundary. Wanna check it out?
https://gamejolt.com/games/dreamersboundary/507525
nitwitsworld
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 185

Post by nitwitsworld »

This looks like a game of the year for me I can't wait to play it
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Amazing progress, I really like the animation work here. With such talent, you guys have a lot of potential to create a game with a lovely art style. :up:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Very good pixel art, keep up the good work!
XBAlizE
Lums Rouge

Post by XBAlizE »

Small Update [3]:
Fifi has been very busy working on the animations as well as the Art Assets for our Rayman FanGame. Today, I'm sharing with the Community our version of Rayman charging up a powerful punch. (Animation / Art is expected to change in the near future. What you are seeing right now is not the final version) - I've been very busy working on the basics. The engine that we are using is currently working very well with the simple start-up I've created. At the moment, it's too early to implement Rayman into the engine. But right now I'm more focused on working with shapes as prototype placements. Gameplay Mechanics are currently being worked on. We also may have some music for y'all to listen to very soon! This music is not promised to be in-game. But I'm sure if it fits the theme, it will be implemented. In the meantime, I'm going to be busy working on the engine and discussing things with the team. Thank you for all of your amazing feedback! We really do appreciate it!

I'll post another update soon! Thanks again,

King Regards,

- X
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Post by Elite Piranha »

I like the movement of the hair and the fiery fist, great job.