Rayman 3 in unreal

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Lamapotato
Électoon
Tings: 10

Rayman 3 in unreal

Post by Lamapotato »

Took the models from here and glued them together in unreal, also found the interface textures and tried remaking the score system from the game. I hope you like it, if someone is interested I can upload the build here.
//

Added climb and jump forward animations, changed jump strength, force of gravity, animation speed and movement speed of the character to be more similar to the original. Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Lamapotato on Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Re: Rayman 3 in unreal

Post by PluMGMK »

Not bad! It's nice to see the points racking up the way they do in the original game!

That last glide with the helicopter feels a bit long though – I feel he shouldn't have been able to cross that gap…
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40788

Post by dr_st »

Yeah, the physics in general are not at all like in the game - gravity feels way too low. But, ma-a-a-n, it's totally awesome. :up:
U2B
Tribelle
Tings: 285

Post by U2B »

Finally, someone used those models! :D I'm really glad, are you planning maybe to release source code in the future for the benefits for the community or prefering not to do so and go with your own fan game? :D Cause you already have some nice initial state transitions and moving mechanics adjusted for that Rayman model ;) Would be cool to play with it or later create own levels, environment, but it is up to you of course and your good will :) Anyway, congrats and looking forward to more progress!

Some project template/editor for Rayman 3D fangames/custom levels would be really cool thing to have in the community! :)
Rayman 2-like fan-game in Unity (my project)
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25903
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

This looks incredible! Of course like the others said gravity is a bit off, but the animations are perfectly implemented! 👍
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Impressive stuff! Of course there's the gravity, but I'm sure it can be fixed later, and it looks very good overall.
U2B wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:00 am Some project template/editor for Rayman 3D fangames/custom levels would be really cool thing to have in the community! :)
That's a great idea, such a template would provide a great basis for people looking to make 3D fan games.
Snowdaw
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Snowdaw »

Awesome job! I would really like to take a look at the source code for this. Could you perhaps upload the project?
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

Did you think it I mean this was also originally intended to be in official UbiSoft's Rayman 4 back in the past since estimate circa Anno Domini of year of 2006(15 years ago) would it be used even in the present and even in the future by me unofficially as open source fangame? Could you give me these assets,please? And maybe I would do something? Is it for CCP,Tencent,People Can Fly,Epic Games Launcher Storefront Unreal Engine 4 or for Unreal Engine 5?
U2B
Tribelle

Post by U2B »

I think this guy won't come back soon here :P I don't like it - first do something, then disappear and do not leave anything for others at least :< Might be the guy behind Rayman 3 HHDX? (Maybe, I don't know)
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

U2B wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:58 pm I think this guy won't come back soon here :P I don't like it - first do something, then disappear and do not leave anything for others at least :< Might be the guy behind Rayman 3 HHDX? (Maybe, I don't know)
You’re not talking about me,aren’t you? Anyway Phoenix Interactive was responsible for making Rayman 4 formerly before the cancellation.
U2B
Tribelle

Post by U2B »

gamerz31w wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:01 pm
U2B wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:58 pm I think this guy won't come back soon here :P I don't like it - first do something, then disappear and do not leave anything for others at least :< Might be the guy behind Rayman 3 HHDX? (Maybe, I don't know)
You’re not talking about me,aren’t you? Anyway Phoenix Interactive was responsible for making Rayman 4 formerly before the cancellation.
I am talking about lamapotato user :)
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

U2B wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:15 pm
gamerz31w wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:01 pm
I am talking about lamapotato user :)
Oh okay. Yeah it’s not fair.
Emel
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Emel »

Any news about this? I really need an unreal controller for Rayman, I failed miserably trying to do it by myself xd.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Where's a download link is it broken? Or is it missing? Anyway do you think Rayman 4(Raving Rabidds prototype)would have slightly different HUD/GUI than in Rayman 3? I guess Rayman 4 would be more like in Epic Mickey videogame series or else I mean more like in Sonic Generations like such as for instance,as an example Classic Rayman,Modern Rayman level styled stages as it was probably,possibly originally intended from in the past. I guess nowadays,these days it would be considered opensource,homebrew,bootleg,fangame project(could it be infamous,controversial words).?