Die By Day, Fly By Night (a Rayman 1 fanfiction)

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
MisterDark'sFanClub
Céloche
Tings: 7890

Die By Day, Fly By Night (a Rayman 1 fanfiction)

Post by MisterDark'sFanClub »

Anyone wanna check out my fanfic? It's part of my Shadows of Magic AU. It's not just a retelling of Rayman 1, but it also sets the stage to take Rayman and Mr. Dark on a journey through the Great Escape, Hoodlum Havoc, Origins, and even the animated series!

https://archiveofourown.org/works/33642 ... s/83601955

Here's a sneak peek if you're interested:
Long ago, a being of pure light clashed with one of pure darkness. No one can recall what started their war, nor how long it lasted.

They didn't always fight each other on their own, though. Their spells often fought the war for them. The being of light would cast sun rays that blinded the battlefield, and projected their image, while the being of darkness would cast shadows that spied on their enemies and struck fear into them.

But fear couldn't win either side over. Only love could, and eventually the light persuaded the darkness to give up their evil ways and join them. The two ran away together, never to be seen again. Their spells no longer had a purpose. Yet their footprints remained.

For what happens when a spell is used too often? It goes rogue, and comes to life. The being of light cast their newly born spell into this Valley, to live comfortably among friends and become one with nature. While the being of darkness, ashamed of their evil deeds and haunted by the reminder, cast their evil spell away.

But the magic shadow still roams, waiting for its time to seek revenge and finish the war of its predecessor. And its time is now.
"You're fragile, too. But at least you can be put back together." ~Mr. Dark (Shadows of Magic AU)
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Re: Die By Day, Fly By Night (a Rayman 1 fanfiction)

Post by hoodlumsworld »

This is an interesting take on Mr. Dark's motivations. 😊 I look forward to reading the next chapters.
MisterDark'sFanClub
Céloche

hoodlumsworld wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:05 am This is an interesting take on Mr. Dark's motivations. 😊 I look forward to reading the next chapters.
Thank you! So far i have two chapters out and I'm working on the third one! I might post a sneak peek of #2 here.
"You're fragile, too. But at least you can be put back together." ~Mr. Dark (Shadows of Magic AU)
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Good idea, let me know when #3 is out.
MisterDark'sFanClub
Céloche

Sneak peek of Chapter 3:

He growled and jumped forward, and suddenly a blast of light burst forward from the halo on his chest, ridding the forest around them of all the shadows. Both Rayman and Mr. Dark stopped dead in their tracks confused, but Rayman regained his composure and sped towards the sorcerer. He grabbed him by the hand, then pulled back in pain, seeing a fireball glowing from Mr. Dark’s claws. He held the fireball towards him, causing Rayman to jump back. But Mr. Dark didn’t come closer. It was then Rayman realized he didn’t have to grab him; the cloaked sorcerer was trapped in a single shadow between patches of light.

Rayman shook his own hand in pain, then pointed a finger at Mr. Dark. “I have many things to say to you, and none of them are good.” He thought for a moment. “Most of them aren’t good," he corrected himself.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/33642 ... 3#workskin