WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Post Reply
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

Hi, I have been quiet on here for the last few days - and now I shall reveal my reason (aside from school :P). I have been working on a couple of Rayman flash shorts, with the slight hope of maybe contributing to the Rayman Randimation series. If not, then they should stand well on their own as well. The first is approximately half way complete, and is so far coming out really nicely. It's great fun animating with Rayman, you can make your animations lively and fun without having to worry about limb positioning :P.

Ah, what the hey. Preview pic!
Image

As for the second, that's where you come in! I can't begin until I have four voices for my cartoon, of which I'm currently lacking. So that's why I'm recruiting voice actors to help me out. So I'm seeking for a voice for:

Rayman
The Magician
The Musician's Child
An Electoon (although I might do this one, considering the line is so short (literally two words) and it is my username after all ;))

Each part has only about a line or two each. If you're interested, let me know and I'll happily PM you with more details.

So anyway, that's about all I have to say for now, and I'll hopefully have more to show soon :)!

EDIT: 222 posts! It's worth celebrating because 2 is my favourite number, and it doesn't happen again until 2222 posts - which will be quite some time in the future I'm sure :mryellow:
Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21908
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5022

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Adsolution »

I'm totally going to audition! Just PM me the details since I have trouble PMing you myself on my phone.
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

RayFan9876 wrote:I'm totally going to audition! Just PM me the details since I have trouble PMing you myself on my phone.
Cool, I was hoping to have someone like you aboard :mrgreen:. Who are you thinking of auditioning for? That way I'll know what details to send you. Or do you just want to give a go at everyone? :P
Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21908
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5022

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Adsolution »

Electoon wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:I'm totally going to audition! Just PM me the details since I have trouble PMing you myself on my phone.
Cool, I was hoping to have someone like you aboard :mrgreen:. Who are you thinking of auditioning for? That way I'll know what details to send you. Or do you just want to give a go at everyone? :P
I actually just sent you a PM, but nevermind, I could give it a go for everyone. Though you can keep the electoon because that's your voice.
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

Sent you a reply :).
ikke471
Antitoon
Posts: 7077
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 pm
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by ikke471 »

I would love to do the magician!
(I can imatate his voice quitte good)
Image
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

ikke471 wrote:I would love to do the magician!
(I can imatate his voice quitte good)
Have PMed you with further details.

Wasn't expecting so many requests so soon! This is great :D!
Shrooblord
Froutch
Posts: 15671
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: The Buccaneer MK. II
Tings: 64535

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Shrooblord »

I'd like to try my hand at Rayman if I may. I'd have to find me a mic though since my old one broke... something I was intending on doing anyway, so if I get this I'd at least have a good incentive to go buy one.
I see it's Rayman from Rayman 1. He had a strangely low voice for a character with his looks - so should I try to replicate this if I get the part?

PS
I've tried impersonating Rayman from R2 a lot more though. You decide which voice fits best.
Image
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

Shrooblord wrote:I'd like to try my hand at Rayman if I may. I'd have to find me a mic though since my old one broke... something I was intending on doing anyway, so if I get this I'd at least have a good incentive to go buy one.
I see it's Rayman from Rayman 1. He had a strangely low voice for a character with his looks - so should I try to replicate this if I get the part?

PS
I've tried impersonating Rayman from R2 a lot more though. You decide which voice fits best.
Well, I take it the low R1 voice your talking about is from the extra lines from the PC version (Hey you! I'm waiting! Yo dudes! etc.). I always thought that voice was too low for the character, particularly in comparison to the other lines done by the same voice actor. Weird.
I think a higher voice would suit the part for my animation, although I'm not too fussed what style is.

Anyway, good luck getting a new mic, and when you do I'll happily audition you for the part (that is unless the role isn't already taken by then, as this is my second request for Rayman :P)

Absolutely no requests for The Musician's Child yet I note. Must be an unpopular role ;)
Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21908
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5022

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Adsolution »

Electoon wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:I'd like to try my hand at Rayman if I may. I'd have to find me a mic though since my old one broke... something I was intending on doing anyway, so if I get this I'd at least have a good incentive to go buy one.
I see it's Rayman from Rayman 1. He had a strangely low voice for a character with his looks - so should I try to replicate this if I get the part?

PS
I've tried impersonating Rayman from R2 a lot more though. You decide which voice fits best.
Well, I take it the low R1 voice your talking about is from the extra lines from the PC version (Hey you! I'm waiting! Yo dudes! etc.). I always thought that voice was too low for the character, particularly in comparison to the other lines done by the same voice actor. Weird.
I think a higher voice would suit the part for my animation, although I'm not too fussed what style is.

Anyway, good luck getting a new mic, and when you do I'll happily audition you for the part (that is unless the role isn't already taken by then, as this is my second request for Rayman :P)

Absolutely no requests for The Musician's Child yet I note. Must be an unpopular role ;)
I'll let Shroobie try out for Rayman first. :) I'll try out for the Musician's child and the Magician first.
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

RayFan9876 wrote: I'll let Shroobie try out for Rayman first. :) I'll try out for the Musician's child and the Magician first.
Okay, I've let him know that know that auditions for Rayman have been put aside until he can get a new microphone, so every one has a fair chance :). Sent you the lines for another character - can't remember which one because it was early in the morning (had just got up for school at the time) :P

EDIT: It was the Musician's child. Had a feeling it was :mrgreen:
LightningLion
Fantasnip
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 am
Contact:
Tings: 1162

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by LightningLion »

Electoon wrote:I have been working on a couple of Rayman flash shorts, with the slight hope of maybe contributing to the Rayman Randimation series. If not, then they should stand well on their own as well. The first is approximately half way complete, and is so far coming out really nicely. It's great fun animating with Rayman, you can make your animations lively and fun without having to worry about limb positioning :P.

Ah, what the hey. Preview pic!
Image
OH, Hello! I saw "Rayman Flash Shorts" and had to see what the deal was, and then noticed the mention of my series :mrgreen:
Well for Part IV I'm looking for good quality stuff, so be sure to do your best, and then I'll give you some pointers as to what you can do to raise the bar.
With that being said, I like the spikeball drawing and the Rayman drawing isn't bad either (btw did you do the BG?). I would suggest fixing up the hands (which can be tricky) and the cloud, and see if adding some shading on everything helps (it might not, idk)
The real test of quality will be how these are animated, and the value of the story (it doesn't necessarily have to be humorous as long as it's interesting). Also think about how it appeals not just to Rayman fans, but anyone else who doesn't know that much about him as well. Frankly, I'm personally more interested in Rayman as a character (and other surrounding characters) than as a video game series in my clips (not that you have to abide by that).
Well I've said a mouthful already, so I'll let you get back to your thing; meanwhile, the semester is coming to a close, so I should have a thread for Rayman Randimation IV sometime within a week and get crackin' on my $#!+
Image
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

Hey, I know what will get everybody's morale up about the project! I've been learning digital painting to create shaded backgrounds for the second short. Here is a preview taken from the whole background:

Image

Now all I need is one more background and the voices and then I can start animating :)
THEdragon
Musicien
Posts: 4845
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 pm
Location: The Valley
Tings: 47510

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by THEdragon »

The Musician's child is going to be in this!?!? Sweet song of the rainbows I'm looking forward to this, I was beginning to think that kid's existance had been forgotten entirely! I wish I could do voice acting, but for... Reasons... I can't. XD But I am seriously looking forward to seeing this!
Image
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

Sent a new message to everyone who requested to voice for this, but I'm not entirely sure if it came through (it hasn't appeared in my 'sent messages' folder :?). Do you think you could let me know if you got the message? Sorry about this :oops2:
Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14841
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Tings: 2295

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Rulez »

Electoon wrote:Sent a new message to everyone who requested to voice for this, but I'm not entirely sure if it came through (it hasn't appeared in my 'sent messages' folder :?). Do you think you could let me know if you got the message? Sorry about this :oops2:
It first appears in the Outbox. Only when the receiver reads it, it's in sent messages.
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

Rulez wrote: It first appears in the Outbox. Only when the receiver reads it, it's in sent messages.
Thanks - I already know now because I got a reply, but now I know how it works for future reference :)
Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14841
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Tings: 2295

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Rulez »

Electoon wrote:
Rulez wrote: It first appears in the Outbox. Only when the receiver reads it, it's in sent messages.
Thanks - I already know now because I got a reply, but now I know how it works for future reference :)
No problem. I myself noticed it when I was messaging with Danone. It's because we talk a lot. We've sent a total of probably 400 messages to each other.

Dano is my best friend just so you know.
iHeckler9
Fantasnip
Posts: 4535
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Pink Plant Woods
Tings: 1155

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by iHeckler9 »

I'd love to do this, and I ain't fussy about who I voice. Please PM me!
Image
Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:
Electoon
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Picture City
Contact:
Tings: 11875

Re: WIP: Rayman Flash Shorts (Recruting Voice Actors!)

Post by Electoon »

iHeckler9 wrote:I'd love to do this, and I ain't fussy about who I voice. Please PM me!
Sent you a PM :)
Post Reply