My Rayman 3 fan remake

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums
Tings: 45

My Rayman 3 fan remake

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Hi, in an effort to learn Unreal Engine I decided to start working on a childhood favorite of mine, Rayman 3, I'm posting my progress hoping that this is something you guys might enjoy. Cheers!

unedited gameplay video:

graphics comparison video:
Unheard
Knaaren
Tings: 5955

Re: My Rayman 3 fan remake

Post by Unheard »

This looks really promising, best of luck with this!
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Thank you kindly :D
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho
Tings: 22961

Post by DaveRattlehead »

It looks fantastic! I guess the animations are reused from the original game, but they still look very smooth in Unreal Engine! The footage inside the Fairy Council is simply... Wow :waaahhh:

Good luck with this project man, you're doing a great job there! Hopefully you'll have the necessary time so you can show us a bit more in Rayman Alive :)
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Thank you very much, yes the game animations are taken from the original game, but aside from a couple textures the rest along with cutscene animations I created from scratch
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

That's cool! Also, graphically is very beautiful and something that I like a lot is that you're really "respecting" how the original game looked like. That's probably what we all imagined when we were thinking about a next-gen Rayman game :)

And of course, you have a new sub ;)
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Thank you for the sub. Means a lot :D yes, it is really important for me to make this have that Rayman fairy tale feel to it. That's the primary reason why I made my own assets instead of just buying some realistic rock packs from the unreal engine marketplace. It feels amazing to have people notice and makes all the time I put into making those models and textures completely worth it. Thank you

By the way If anyone wants too look at some still images from the project I gathered some renders on artstation:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KeKOvW
Last edited by DaveRattlehead on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Hi guys if anyone is interested in the more technical side of things I uploaded the first video in my remake dev log series

amplesoak
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by amplesoak »

MarkedAsUnreal wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:11 pm Hi guys if anyone is interested in the more technical side of things I uploaded the first video in my remake dev log series

I see a lot of personal creativity here. The remake is quite fascinating.
DaveRattlehead
El Stomacho

Post by DaveRattlehead »

MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Yea, I've been seeing myself poping up on several websites. This is insane :D the weird thing is I've been seeing several gaming news sites saying that I'm doing this just as a portfolio piece. I've never said anything like this. I guess that's just modern journalism.
ItzalDrake
Reflux
Tings: 8748

Post by ItzalDrake »

This morning I read the news and I found one regarding this project in one of the most known gaming news websites in Italy :D
For sure they go a lot with intuition to have a few more lines to write in their article, I read other news about Rayman a time ago and it was clear that the writer knew almost nothing about Rayman and its games and ended up writing some things that weren't true :P
It's not something I really like as it could cause misinformation among readers but unfortunately this happens sometimes... it would be nicer if people were informed better before writing an article :/

Anyway, I have a few questions for you!
I don't remember if you have already mentioned it in one of your devlogs, but are you planning to remake the entire game?
And would you be open to having people help you with this project?
A time ago there was a Rayman 3 fan remake made in Unreal engine but sadly it has been cancelled... for sure the community would love to see it back!
I am sure that working with other people with different ideas would lead the project to change and no longer look like you initially planned, but I'd like to hear your thoughts about this :D
Hello! Image
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

If I am to remake the entire game, I'm going to need help. Making the whole thing on my own would probably take like 10 years :D. That's not realistic at all. To be honest, I'm not sure yet what is the best course of action now. The project has gone public only a week ago, so I think that for now I should just wait a little longer and see how things go before I make any big decisions. At the moment, I'm thinking mostly of either:
-Finding some help (though I haven't thought much yet about how this collaboration would work),
-At some point making this some kind of big open project where I release all of the project files and have anyone do whatever they want with this. So like maybe someone would remake just the second level, someone else would make the third and then someone can try to combine them together or smth like that
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610199

Post by Hunchman801 »

This is really impressive, great job! The recognition is well-deserved here. I don't know how this project will evolve, but for sure you can be very proud of what you've achieved already!
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Thank you! :D That's very kind of you to say
MarkedAsUnreal
Lums

Post by MarkedAsUnreal »

Hey guys, I've posted another dev log video today :)