RayTunes - The Definitive Rayman Music Archive

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou
Tings: 30005

Re: RayTunes - The Definitive Rayman Music Archive

Post by Elite Piranha »

So, there was no official release of the Rayman 3 Soundtrack? I think only Rayman Origins and Legends got official releases of their soundtracks.
Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou

Post by Elite Piranha »

deton24 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:26 pm Actually GOG provides more or less official OST for Rayman 3, but it was still incomplete 3 years ago.
And I don't know what's the source and quality.
I found out in the forums that the OST that GOG provides contains tracks from the demo versions. Thanks for replying, I just wanted to know if someone around here knew more about this subject :mrgreen:.
Gordswitch
Ugly
Tings: 710

Post by Gordswitch »

I’ve noticed there are some issues with some of the tracks on RayTunes. The track for Band Land from Rayman GBC is missing its drum track and the main melody for Continue in Rayman Jaguar keeps fading in and out.
Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou

Post by Elite Piranha »

In my case, I don't hear anything wrong with the Continue? song:

About the Band Land track, I can't find it.
The Jonster
Globox
Tings: 93126

Post by The Jonster »

I think he means Airy Tunes.
Fifo
Creveton
Tings: 29940

Post by Fifo »

Elite Piranha wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:06 am In my case, I don't hear anything wrong with the Continue? song:

r1_jag-32
I’m sure he’s referring to this one:
Come and participate in the annual Rayman survey!

Signature made with love by R4Y_ANC3L
Gordswitch
Ugly

Post by Gordswitch »

No I meant “Continue?” It sounds like the main melody is fading in and out and is being overpowered by the bass. And the “Band Land“ track for Rayman on GBC is called “Airy Tunes“ yes, and its missing a drum track
Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou

Post by Elite Piranha »

Thanks for the clarification, you're right it seems that Airy Tunes doesn't have a drum track:

Edit: btw, for some reason I had to include the number 07 instead of 06 (in the code) for the Airy Tunes track to show up.
Fifo
Creveton
Tings: 29940

Post by Fifo »

Gordswitch wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 pm No I meant “Continue?” It sounds like the main melody is fading in and out and is being overpowered by the bass.
that’s because the music was poorly mixed. It’s not RayTunes’ nor the rippers’ fault.
Gordswitch wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:45 pm And the “Band Land“ track for Rayman on GBC is called “Airy Tunes“ yes, and its missing a drum track
Missing percussion is an emulator issue I believe. Don’t quote me on it tho.
Come and participate in the annual Rayman survey!

Signature made with love by R4Y_ANC3L
Gordswitch
Ugly

Post by Gordswitch »

that’s because the music was poorly mixed. It’s not RayTunes’ nor the rippers’ fault.
Missing percussion is an emulator issue I believe. Don’t quote me on it tho.
okay thanks for the clarification
Gordswitch
Ugly

Post by Gordswitch »

Noticed that this song is missing from the Rayman 3 Soundtrack: https://youtu.be/hkS4GRTthp4

Only the muffled version, labeled Teensie Highway (Muffled), is included even though that’s not actually The Teensie Highway theme, its the Heart of The World room theme.
Droolie
Moskito
Tings: 59425

Post by Droolie »

Gordswitch wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:03 am Noticed that this song is missing from the Rayman 3 Soundtrack: https://youtu.be/hkS4GRTthp4

Only the muffled version, labeled Teensie Highway (Muffled), is included even though that’s not actually The Teensie Highway theme, its the Heart of The World room theme.
The song you linked to is just parts of "Teensie Highway (Bass & Perc)" combined with parts of "Teensie Highway" - it isn't missing. Also, the Heart of the World room theme is the muffled Teensie Highway theme, so that title is correct. :p
Globox2K
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Globox2K »

Hey this is my first post on this whole site. I don't use forums that much.
Anyway, about a month ago I had a wad of cash to spend, so I spent it on a Jaguar as well as a loose copy of Rayman.
Beating it within a month, I really liked the music in the game as I am a big fan of synthesizer music, like stuff from an AdLib sound card for example.
I am aware that the Jaguar uses two processors, and one of them does the sound and is not related to the AdLib card.
Anyway, when I went to look up the soundtrack, it exists on the internet, but nobody has ripped it since nearly a decade ago.

The quality is relatively low, and to my keen ears it sounds quite inaccurately emulated.

That's when I decided to step in, and within the span of three days, I re-recorded every track included in the RayTunes archive of the Jaguar version of Rayman.
By doing this, I took the red and white AUX cables from the Jaguar's AV cables, and plugged them into a Sharp XL-DV60 microsystem.
Since that can output to headphones, I took a same-ended cable, and ran it to the line-in of my Sound Blaster Audigy FX sound card.
Then I recorded it to Audacity, and saved the tracks to MP3s. The files are named short and in capital letters retro-style.
Finally, I added metadata using foobar2000 including the name of the song from RayTunes, Rémi Gazel as the composer, "Rayman Jaguar OST" as the Album title,
and the date as 1995.

If anybody who can edit or replace the music on the RayTunes area of this site sees this, I have a .zip folder I can give containing all the tracks of the game.

To clarify how much better the quality these tracks are, the zip folder I packed with the new recordings is 121mb, the current recordings on RayTunes is only 82mb.
However, take note: These were recorded off an analog signal, so there is a very tiny amount of buzzing, but you wouldn't notice it if I said anything about it.
I just had an OSSC unit come in the mail, and soon my Jaguar SCART cable will come in as well.
If I have to I will record the songs again to see if the analog artifacts would be unnoticeable in the revised versions of the songs using the audio-out jack of the scaler.
Rayman Saturn
Lums Bleu
Tings: 110

Post by Rayman Saturn »

I don’t have Rayman Mini and so I would like to ask if anyone knows if the Mr Dark update has added any new music into the game. By watching a few gameplay videos on YouTube, I’ve noticed Mr Dark’s screen had a more sinister theme than anything I’ve heard in Mini’s soundtrack so far. Did I miss the theme on RayTunes or hasn’t it been added yet?
Eventually, I would like to make a video about the evolution of Mr Dark’s theme throughout the Rayman series, so that would be very helpful. :mryellow:
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
TTK
Tribelle
Tings: 250

Post by TTK »

At https://youtu.be/RSbqdsh7OSQ?t=719 A Song that I haven't heard in the RayTunes R3 Beta Section plays. Is it missing from RayTunes.
Rayman 3 is Awesome! :D
ItzalDrake
Piranha
Tings: 102

Post by ItzalDrake »

Seems that Raytunes hasn't been updated for a long time.
That Rayman 3 beta build shown in that video has been ripped and archived a few months ago, the same month I uploaded some Rayman Legends beta tracks that no one has ripped before and they aren't still available on Raytunes.
I hope Raytunes will be updated with all these R3 and Legends beta tracks soon! :)
TTK
Tribelle
Tings: 250

Post by TTK »

Could you possibly try to rip it?
Rayman 3 is Awesome! :D
Droolie
Moskito
Tings: 59425

Post by Droolie »

ItzalDrake wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:00 pm Seems that Raytunes hasn't been updated for a long time.
That Rayman 3 beta build shown in that video has been ripped and archived a few months ago, the same month I uploaded some Rayman Legends beta tracks that no one has ripped before and they aren't still available on Raytunes.
I hope Raytunes will be updated with all these R3 and Legends beta tracks soon! :)
Sorry ItzalDrake, I still have the RL beta tracks you sent me but I still haven't gotten around to adding them to RayTunes yet. I think I will prepare the next update soon, so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer. :)
Globox2K wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:11 amIf anybody who can edit or replace the music on the RayTunes area of this site sees this, I have a .zip folder I can give containing all the tracks of the game.
Hi, sorry for the late reply! :) I'm quite interested in this as I will prepare a new RayTunes update soon. Could you please upload the .zip folder somewhere?
ItzalDrake
Piranha
Tings: 102

Post by ItzalDrake »

I don't want to rush you, take all the time you need. Thanks anyway Droolie!

Also, I've recently noticed that I forgot another beta track that is already in Raytunes, without ambience sounds though.
If you want I can send you it as soon as I can :)