Rayman 2 Soundtrack OST (FLAC, 44kHz) - PSX rip, Revolution and Remastered

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

deton24
Photographe
Tings: 7736

Re: Rayman 2 Soundtrack (FLAC High Quality - 44kHz)& Revolution

Post by deton24 »

I wrote about it before. I thought you understood but, whatever.
You upload lot of music on your channel, so you still can use it in your future uploads.
Generally, it is even worse that it was resampled before upload. From the same reason I wrote above. And original files were 44kHz. From some reason it's better to leave resampling process to YT. At least that was conslusion of tests on 96/192 kHz files.
YT will compress audio stream again, no matter what codec and sample rate was used. By uploading lossless audio stream, we avoid recompression.
Using 48kHz in some Vegas is justified when files are really 48kHz - YT in OPUS should be also 48kHz. It should preserve those frequencies.
Spek on downloaded video or extracted audio should show everything. I recommend JDownloader.
Last edited by deton24 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A1020nt
Tribelle
Tings: 90

Post by A1020nt »

Oh wait I did test the lossless upload, sorry. I just forgot about this, don't know why.
In fact, I just left this solution because it took too much time to create the videos and I also had to upload all of them consdering how big the videos were in term of size.
A1020nt
Tribelle
Tings: 90

Post by A1020nt »

I also plan to upload the RayTunes version, is it a good idea?
raymanrules77
Otto Psi
Tings: 8296

Post by raymanrules77 »

Your PSX remaster is amazing. The quality is much better than what is currently on RayTunes.
But there is one track that is missing that I really enjoy and that is the 72nd track on RayTunes: Into the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire.
It seems you only had the Extreme Heat in the google drive link.
Looks like that track does not exist in the PSX version because I checked a playthrough of the whole game and that track is skipped.
FC: 37.410 | CF: 106.089 | BOM: 87.419 | LOTLD: 116.948 | DOTK: 109.618 | LS: 41.570 | SBTC: 90.452 | HH: 100.000 | TOTL: 100.133

Total: 789.369
raymanrules77
Otto Psi
Tings: 8296

Post by raymanrules77 »

Oh wow!
Amazing!
It's so much clearer!
Thank you so much!
Now the soundtrack is much more complete.
FC: 37.410 | CF: 106.089 | BOM: 87.419 | LOTLD: 116.948 | DOTK: 109.618 | LS: 41.570 | SBTC: 90.452 | HH: 100.000 | TOTL: 100.133

Total: 789.369
deton24
Photographe

Re: Rayman 2 Soundtrack OST (FLAC, 44kHz) - PSX rip, Revolution and Remastered

Post by deton24 »

~deton24 presents~

Rayman 2 Fall 2019 EP OST -
Few completely new tracks and some new versions.

- Completely brand-new Prologue version added. Now normally processed like other tracks, unlike previous very LQ mp3 version.
- Intro Sanctuary of Stone and Fire
- Globox Disc Minigame track
- Whale Bay PT.2 Beta/Prototype
- The Top of the World Part 1 added (started as a project for kooz, on his previous request. Regards)
- Pyralums added
- Added missing segment from FGL (dirty water machine section)
- new Fairy Glade version added
- new-old The Machine, now with ReplayGain, added. Recommended listening in Foobar2000 for RG (though it's quiter).
- Bayou PT.1 from PSX 44kHz remastered
- new-old The Top of the World Part 2 (PSX), now added also in "complete" folder

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FDlbh ... 3Am5GZSMXn

You can also redownload the whole OST repository with these tracks - folder "complete":
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Old versions moved to relevant folder.

Please let my know if you want me to process any track missing from Droolie's Revolution Complete Edition Rip. Or if you have some remarks about any of the files.

Greetings

edit. 2020
Finally, after 5 years I repaired tags and filenames in the (almost) "complete" repository folder.
Enjoy
Last edited by deton24 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salo92
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Salo92 »

Hello!

A good two years ago I scoured the internet for a high quality ost of rayman 2, and was thrilled to find your project. It is by far the highest quality out there and I have listened to it plenty of times. However despite the quality I find myself going back to a version on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7-QZ2O-Bz0
or downloaded here:
https://chauthanh.info/animeost/album/r ... eat-escape

The tracks are put together very well and they flow beautifully. Is there any chance you'd consider remastering those tracks with your great quality snippets?

I'm open to trying it myself, of course I'd need your files and a bit of a tutorial.

I'd love to hear from you!
deton24
Photographe

Post by deton24 »

Hi there! Majority of the tracks on your list are remastered already.

Do you want me to make from scratch some specific tracks or extra fragments not included?

Some basic info about the tools I use can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=1055463#p1055463
There you also can find some source files - different soundtrack rips from various platforms (see at the top).

Recently I also use additionally Spleeter to unmix music and mix it again. It helps getting better results with some music.

We will see. Maybe I'll do some in-depth tutorial on the subject in future.
Meanwhile I've added some basic tips about mixing using Spleeter stems.
Salo92
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Salo92 »

Wow, that software is amazing! I downloaded Audio cleaning lab 3 and after some messing about have settled on settings that really seem to make the music come alive.

It may sound even better if I could combine my source file with higher quality bits (the only version I found was 192kbps), but that would take dozens of hours.

For now I am very happy with the results. I have already remastered other soundtracks, and have many more to start on. Cheers!
deton24
Photographe

Post by deton24 »

It's great to know that you're doing fine with Magix/Soundforge.

I'm curious how much Izotope RX brings into the functionality of this workstation and overall sound, and is it crucial, or really worth it since I don't have it yet and haven't heard in action. I only know that some of their plugins: Izotope Imager and Vocal Doubler are available for free.

Feel free to share with your works e.g.
here or on https://downloads.khinsider.com/ (contact via email), squid ROMs forums (FFshrine forums successor) or on your YouTube channel (e.g. I recommend to contact with RingsofGenosis channel owner who was writing with me in this topic (a1020n a.k.a. TheMygoshi, maybe you can PM him). He has plenty of possibly interested subscribers in game soundtracks. He doesn't have any monetization in his videos.

If you publish on YouTube, keep it as lossless as possible. I recommend it as follows:

Here I have a bat script file based on ffmpeg, allowing to convert all your FLAC files in the folder, put nearby the script, into mkv.
In 4K.png input any image.

Don't put there images in resolution lower than any x1440p - it will be output video resolution.
You can upscale in e.g. XnView MP.

QHD/+ resolution doesn't cause YT recompressing audio AAC to Opus, but gives Opus at the upload moment. With lossless audio as a source it results in the best quality achievable on YT.

After conversation, MKV container will have the same MD5 checksums like in source FLAC file (checked in Foobar2000 properties), so it works like MKVMerge, AVIDemux, Handbrake.

Changing FLAC to WAV or other extensions in bat file might work as well. It looks like it just copies stream instead of recompressing. But I'm not sure in case of other extensions than FLAC. But MKV (Matroska) supports dozens of them.

Download

There is ffmpeg attached above as well, but you can download the newest version from elsewhere. The script is optimized and converts on instant.

If I could recommend you any soundtrack to remaster that I know people are waiting for, it would be L.A. Noire.
Majority of the known ripped files from the game are in mp3 mono low bitrate.
I think I saw one version in normal quality, but it was probably official OST, and it lacked lot of the songs.

And also not every single track in my Rayman 2 release is remastered. E.g. some mini-game tracks should be very easy to remaster AFAIK.

Good luck

PS. As I mentioned in issues section in the linked topic, make sure in Spek that your result files don't have frequency cut corresponding with source file.
You can change it, and even take it as an advantage in some cases when you have too many sibilants, and you need some frequency cut. Eventually you can change sample rate during rendering of the ready audio file.

As a bonus I can share with the info that in 2016 Premium version there is hidden option Deesser (weak and strong) as a preset in the plugin Multimax though it normally serves for something completely different. Since I discovered I made a lot of projects, and it was a game changer in some of them, and it's different than Desser in Cleaning section. I recommend trying out during filtering some sibilants after using e,g. Sound Brilliance plugin or other saturators (harmonic enhancers) or EQs, like Sound Cloner (both Brighten Video Sources and during using presets like 70s, 80s, Disco, etc.).

If you need some introduction about Spleeter, just download this and process some files (GUI):
https://github.com/lazydevyo/SpleetGUI/
or
https://github.com/boy1dr/SpleeterGui

If you lack CPU with AVX or Nvidia GPU, and it doesn't work, use https://www.splitter.ai/ (recompresses to mp3 if source file was mp3) or https://ezstems.com/
or if you hit in the long queue use that
Be aware that my 2016 Premium version has 4 tracks limitation and in such case you need to use 4 stem model.