What's your favourite song?

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
MisterDark'sFanClub
Céloche
Tings: 7890

Re: What's your favourite song?

Post by MisterDark'sFanClub »

R1- Cloak of Darkness! (Fight against Mister Dark)
Arena- Rayman's theme
RO- Land of the Livid Dead
"You're fragile, too. But at least you can be put back together." ~Mr. Dark (Shadows of Magic AU)
RadiantHearts
Lums Vert
Tings: 80

Post by RadiantHearts »

The music in a lot of Rayman games are fantastic, even the covers of some songs in Rayman Legends. :)

Personally, though, I like -

Rayman 2 - Woods of Lights, The Canopy, The Marshes of Awakening
Rayman 3 - Land of the Livid Dead, Desert of the Knaaren
Rayman Origins - Land of the Livid Dead (Chasing a Dream)
Rayman Legends - Mariachi Madness, Gloo Gloo

I can't choose just one. :P
Now with eyebrows!

Check out my newest Rayman fanfiction! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11260261/1 ... -of-Lights
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well, I guess this topic will be the ideal place to use the new RayTunes BBCode:

Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

Favorite one of the three below would have to the Land of Livid Dead. :mryellow:

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Maye these are not necessarily my favourites (it's hard to pick!) but they're certainly beautiful songs:

I just love how the rhythm is synced to the water drops. Entering the cavern has a similar thing going on but I like the sadder tone in this one more.

It really feels like opening a door to a mysterious old temple that has been closed for ages - which fits what you do in the game. By the way, I really love those random bouncy eyes that guard the entrance. They have no purpose gameplay-wise, so I find the fact that the devs added them to the game purely for the atmosphere really amazing.

There are many beautiful songs in the other games as well, but R1 and R2 really have the music I like most. Still, I'll probably post some other songs later.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

My favourite Rayman 1 track has got to be this, although it seems like a common choice:

(honourable mention goes to Harmony)

For Rayman 2 it's a bit harder (I find this the weakest soundtrack to be honest, although it's still pretty great). It would probably be either this:

or this:

(honourable mention goes to Riding the Shell)

For Rayman 3 it's:

(honourable mention goes to The Fairy Council ~Entrance Hall~ which is just a beautiful composition)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, if we're going on a game by game basis, let's see what springs to mind now. I don't know if I can call these my absolute favourites, but I'm just going off the top of my head.

While this track tends to play during tense situations, I think its best use was in the Swamps of Forgetfulness, it really melded well with the sound of the rain falling, and really gave a greater sense of danger with the rising water.

It's a pity this track only plays for the first part of the second level of The Top of the World, I really like the electronic sounds, and it fits Rayman having to go through a Robo-Pirate installation that's on high alert.

The Fairy Council has always been somewhere I wanted to check out after reading about it in Rayman 2's material. And I don't think they disappointed with it, this track, accompanying the locale, really gave a regal and magical feel to the place.

Yeah...kinda obvious. It's a well fitting track for the final gauntlet of Rayman Origins.

Legends has a nice soundtrack, but barring the tracks based off other music, I couldn't really think of many tracks from the game off the top of my head. Well, except for the title theme.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

For some reason, the RL dev team decided not to use the best track in the game: It's just overwhelmingly good.
But they went with a different (unfinished) version, and only play it once in the credits:
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

My favorites from the original trilogy:

This one's always reminded me of Jak and Daxter which has one of my all time favorite soundtracks

I love this one especially because this (together with the next piece, Insane Warship) seamlessly stitches all of R2's motifs together into one piece with a little bit of ad-libby jazz bits

I really like the beat and the cello (?) in this track, plus the mysterious stings (?) in the back which sort of combine to make a mix of funkiness and mystery
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Drolpiraat wrote:For some reason, the RL dev team decided not to use the best track in the game: delftvs5Gdo
It's just overwhelmingly good.
But they went with a different (unfinished) version, and only play it once in the credits: rl-125
Wow! I didn't know about that! Of course, I even love the even-more-unfinished version that was in the game's files but unused, but it's nice to know what the full version really sounds like!

I don't really think there's any place in the game that would go well with that music though, what with all the wackiness…
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Hmhey I've been having a little nostalgia trip with the new site update too.

These are great, makes the monks feel all mysterious.

One thing I actually liked about the DSi version is it had this theme playing during most of Picture City, which coupled with the dark purple background was a neat change in tone. I always thought of Picture City as being like a really strange, surreal type place which came through more in that version.

I really like these, I wish we could hear some of these GBA versions translated into the soundfont of the original soundtrack. I actually like how these sound better than the originals (although the change in tone is pretty jarring for a world 1), I like this way better than the actual map music. More mysterious and magical.

I love that this plays during Band Land, it makes the levels feel so badass.

The Advance soundtrack is underrated, I like that it sounds kind of ominous and emotional in a lot of areas.

LOL

LOL

What's this ripping off?

I like this, Clearleaf is not the most magical Rayman location but I actually enjoy the change of pace here.

Cool trax

This is real gewd merio, I like the levels in RO that take a slight step back from the zaniness.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Drolpiraat wrote:It really feels like opening a door to a mysterious old temple that has been closed for ages - which fits what you do in the game. By the way, I really love those random bouncy eyes that guard the entrance. They have no purpose gameplay-wise, so I find the fact that the devs added them to the game purely for the atmosphere really amazing.
I couldn't agree more, it's not just a great track, it's also perfectly fitting.
Keane wrote:

I really like these, I wish we could hear some of these GBA versions translated into the soundfont of the original soundtrack. I actually like how these sound better than the originals (although the change in tone is pretty jarring for a world 1), I like this way better than the actual map music. More mysterious and magical.
Deep Forest sounds pretty much the same to me (quality aside), what differences are there?
#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Whoever reads this is an idiot

Post by #Rubber mark# »

I think the Rayman 3 music is really underrated.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

My favourites:

Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Rayman 2: King of the Teensies
Rayman 2: The Walk Of Life
Rayman 2: Umber's Sacrafice
Rayman 3: The Fairy Council - Entrance Hall
Rayman 3: Madder
Rayman 3: Carrying The Plum
Rayman Origins: Sea Of Serendipity - Lums Of The Water ~ Glou Glou
Rayman Origins: Land Of The Livid Dead (Chasing A Dream)
Rayman Origins: The Tricky Treasure

Personally love that Land of the Livid Dead theme and love the sound of the banjo. Also the Sea of Serendipity just sounds like real happy music lol.

Rayman Legends: Castle Rock - Black Betty
Rayman Legends: Gloo Gloo (Woo Hoo)
Rayman Legends: Infernal Pursuit

There's still a lot more I like in all of the games but there's just so many of them it's hard to go through and only pick a couple :mrgreen:
Last edited by Steo on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Jesus Christ, that's a doozy on the browser. Might be wise to limit the amount of songs you're embedded.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Master wrote:Jesus Christ, that's a doozy on the browser. Might be wise to limit the amount of songs you're embedded.
I'll remove a few of them actually. Didn't realise I had put that many :oops2:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

It's no biggie, perhaps you could link to them instead of embedding.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Master wrote:It's no biggie, perhaps you could link to them instead of embedding.
There I cleaned it up a little ;)

It was ridiculous my PC with a 7700K and 16gb DDR4 was even lagging :lol: