Disney's Donald Duck PK Data.hst

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
A1020nt
Lums Vert
Tings: 90

Disney's Donald Duck PK Data.hst

Post by A1020nt »

Hello everybody, As the title says, I'll talk about Disney's Donald Duck PK, or Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows (Alternate name).
This game got a lot of good music, and some looks like Rayman 3.
This is a game available on PS2, PS3 (PSN) & Gamecube that was developed by UbiSoft, so the game works with sequenced/divided files, and there's also a Data.hst and Data.hos for this game.
The fact is that I want to rip the music, I ripped it but the files aren't in order, so it's a big mess in the files but the extractor I used is not the RayAudio of Droolie that makes the tracks in order (or just with their proper names) so I would need some help to edit the software of Droolie to be able to rip the Data.hst from this game (because this game uses other .hxd and .bnh files that help to get the music from the events/text files and directory).
The GC version has the best quality for this game. This version uses 32kHz tracks, instead of PS2 that uses only 22.05kHz like Rayman 3. I wanted to record the tracks straight from the game with my capture card, but I just have the game on PS3 and the tracks are joined badly, so you can hear a lot of gaps between the files and a lot of skips (that you can't hear on PS2 & GC, because if you know about the PS3 version of Rayman 3, it's just so badly joined).
So what I need is, extract the Data.hst and then have more ordered files, with original names (they are stored in the directory inside .hxd and .bnh files), in whatever playable format.
I uploaded the complete directory (the "World" --> "Sound" directory) on mega, here's the link if you can help me.

Link (it's 328 mb because of the Data.hst included) : https://mega.nz/#!D8M3xb4b!WkMmgNFnSxkV ... DByFk1uDdo

So, hope you can help me and thanks in advance. By the way I wanted to thank for the rayman 3 OST (droolie & deton24) for the hard job to make the complete OST without any noises.
Last edited by A1020nt on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Re: Disney's Donald Duck PK Data.hst

Post by A1020nt »

Ok don't worry I found a solution.
Last edited by A1020nt on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synthesis
Barbara
Tings: 10235

Post by Synthesis »

Ages ago I started coding a little ripping tool for Rayman 3 SFX and musics (which also use .hxc, .bnh, Data.hos and Data.hst files). I haven't touched it since, so my memories are quite vague, but from what I remember it would scan the .bnh files, find the file names and their locations (in either the Data.hos or the Data.hst archive), and then extract them.

Well, only the uncompressed files (ie. most of the SFX and no music at all), because I didn't go as far as trying to decode the compressed ones (it's a variant of the ADPCM format, but I never really understood how it works).

I stopped digging into it when gmsj0001 released its tool for extracting all musics from Rayman 3 (which was what I wanted in the first place -- not with the correct file names, but that was enough for me) and also when I discovered that there were no additional music that wasn't played in the game. From what I remember, his tool was tightly based on some of the assembly code from the game executable itself (namely the decode/replay routines), not something written from scratch like I intended to do, so I guess he didn't bother understanding the mysteries of that ADPCM-based compression format.

Not that I care anymore now that you've found a solution you're not willing to disclose anyways.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Don't worry, I will share all the infos & a soundtrack available.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Hmm, I find it a bit interesting that Disney topics are here. :D
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L