[Download] Ripping a soundtrack from an another UbiSoft game: Disney's PK: Out Of The Shadows

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
DeeDyne
Lums Violet
Tings: 140

Re: [Download] Ripping a soundtrack from an another UbiSoft game: Disney's PK: Out Of The Shadows

Post by DeeDyne »

Anyway, if you want I can work on both versions...
If you send me all the individual loops/chunks in FLAC lossless format, I would have the complete soundtrack and I would be able to work on both of them ;)
A1020nt
Lums Vert
Tings: 90

Re: [Download] Ripping a soundtrack from an another UbiSoft game: Disney's PK: Out Of The Shadows

Post by A1020nt »

Yeah ok but just I have a problem, I definetely can't find the intro of the Channel 00 on GC you putted in your video. On PS2, ther are called "Fin_X"
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

How are the sequences stored in the GC version? Is there a DATA.HST file as well? If yes, can you just rip every single sequence and convert it to FLAC without worrying about wether or not the sequences you're looking for are in there?
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

I can, but you're not interested in those additional outros? I find them very good.
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

I'm interested in everything you can give me ;)
I mean, if I gather all the sequences, then I'll be able to have a complete version of the soundtrack I can work on... ;)
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

I will try to reassemble them. Once it finished, I'll give you FLAC, MP3 & WAV.
Last edited by A1020nt on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

Is the file called 'tribe.hst' in the GC version? How did you manage to rip the audio from there?
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Just use the Rayman Arena Gamecube script.
Last edited by A1020nt on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

This is the reason why I wanted to check the GC version...
I used the Rayman Arena GC script to extract the audio from the 'tribe.hst' as you told me to do, so you don't have to send me the soundtrack in FLAC or WAV.
And as I expected, this is the result I got:

GC version:

PS2 version:

The PS2 version and the GC version have approximately the same quality...
What you see in the GC version screenshot is just aliasing above 11025Hz...
By listening to both of them, they sound the same, with the exception that the GC version has more noise and aliasing...
Of course you may still be convinced that the GC version sounds better because it has a higher samplerate, but it's just the additional noise/fizzing that gives you the illusion...
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Wow, ok. I figured out why we can't have the segments in order on PS2. On GC, HXD and BNH files both have the same name. (wld1lv1.vnh, wld1lv1.hxd), but on PS2, level music for world 1 are concentrated into one big file. On GC, each levels have a folder. On PS2, the BNH are separated like on GC, but the HXD files have name like M_AREA52.HXD, so... We are stuck in fact. They don't work together...
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

Well, this is what I was thinking about:
In the GC version all the loops can already be extracted in order and they match with the ones that you can hear in the PS2 version...
The PS2 version has some extra unused sequences...
So what I want to do is this:
1) Taking the already ordered loops of the GC version and concatenate them into the respective tracks (should be something like 14 or 15 tracks)
2) Downsampling the GC tracks to 22050Hz to remove the noise
3) Add the extra PS2 sequences into the GC tracks

What do you think? ;)
This would reduce my amount of work a lot... I would spare 4 months and I would be able to finish everything in less than a week :D
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

This is what i was thinking but the problem is that GC tracks have "noise" when you hear voices in music or something like that (suffering noises)... Convert into OGG 128kbps with BRSTM Converter seems to work, but not completely... Also, the "Engagement Soft" music of Area 52 in PS2 seems different in GC files... Additional keyboard sounds ??
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

The PS2 version and the GC version don't have any differences on the Area 52 main theme...
And also, never convert tracks to MP3 or OGG if you're still working on them... Keep them into a lossless format until you make sure you have finished the work...
By the way, the noise above 11025Hz can be easily removed by just doing a simple downsampling (I just found out that this also cancels the 'suffering noise' you were talking about)...
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

There's a big difference between the GC folder "wld2lv2" and the M_AREA52 folder on PS2. On PS2, listen to those segments : [EXT] Play_TH_THARE2I1_Engagement_Soft, and particularly the 13 & 14. That noise at the end of 13 & intro of 14 is not present normally ! And this path has 48 segments instead of GC that, at this path, have only 24 segments ! (look for [EXT] MTHARE2D401 to 424)
Last edited by A1020nt on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

Yeah, now I noticed some differences...
You know what? I'll do this:
I'll compare the PS2 versions and the GC version by visualizing in parallel with Audition both versions and see if can spot some more differences with the spectrogram (that is really helpful and makes you notice differences that you wouldn't normally be able to spot with your ears).
Then I'll create two versions for each track: one for the PS2 and one for the GC.
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Engagement Soft 17 to 22 are very good on PS2. Why are they so much unused tracks ? This game has a really good soundtrack, we can both say it.
Last edited by A1020nt on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

I love this soundtrack too ;)
Anyway, I'll start working on it right now... I should be able to finish everything in 8-9 days roughly...
A1020nt
Lums Vert

Post by A1020nt »

Ok, but beware of alternate PS2 themes. I suggest you to only work on PS2. I will focus on PS2 personally.
Last edited by A1020nt on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Wow, this thread is getting intense :P
DeeDyne wrote:I just tried placing the contents of 'r3_ps2' and 'ra_ps2' as said in the 'readme.txt' file and followed the instructions, but both didn't work.
The Rayman Arena PS2 script works here and it did for TheMygoshi as well (check the extr/M_* when it's done, those contain the music it seems), but it doesn't name the files as well as for the Gamecube version (some are still out of order because the devs didn't encode the segments' individual names in the game's files). It will have higher quality though, since Gamecube dsp audio is much more heavily compressed than PS2 adpcm.
DeeDyne
Lums Violet

Post by DeeDyne »

Drolpiraat wrote:Wow, this thread is getting intense :P
DeeDyne wrote:I just tried placing the contents of 'r3_ps2' and 'ra_ps2' as said in the 'readme.txt' file and followed the instructions, but both didn't work.
The Rayman Arena PS2 script works here and it did for TheMygoshi as well (check the extr/M_* when it's done, those contain the music it seems), but it doesn't name the files as well as for the Gamecube version (some are still out of order because the devs didn't encode the segments' individual names in the game's files). It will have higher quality though, since Gamecube dsp audio is much more heavily compressed than PS2 adpcm.
Did it work for you? For me it didn't... :(
Maybe I made some mistake or maybe it's just Windows...
If most of the PS2 ADPCM sequences you just extracted are in order, can I ask you to send them to me, please? (I used the PAL version)
You would do me a great favor :)