Rayman 2 Soundtrack in FLAC or WAV?

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
j4tp
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman 2 Soundtrack in FLAC or WAV?

Post by j4tp »

I know this is a old topic, but if anybody has a copy of the FLAC rip and is willing to reupload it, I would be over the moon! I've tried PMing Infernus Animositas, but Infernus Animositas appears to be inactive or dead.
Infernus Animositas
Lums Vert
Tings: 75

Post by Infernus Animositas »

I'll be reuploading the FLAC and OGG rips soon.

I rip a lot of video game soundtracks and upload them as well. I'll post the new links here when they're up mmk :D
j4tp
Électoon

Post by j4tp »

Oh my... Wow I did not expect you to get back. Thank you so much!

P.S: Would you mind if I create a public torrent using your rip?
Infernus Animositas
Lums Vert

No that's fine. As long as you credit me as the original ripper/uploader of the OST I'm OK with you doing that :)
j4tp
Électoon

Post by j4tp »

Thank you!
Last edited by j4tp on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Just downloaded the N64. It's awesome, good work! :D
I would put it on RayTunes but I'm not sure if the R2 N64 soundtrack should take up 1GB of our server. That's... quite a lot. I'll discuss this with Hunch (he's the owner of the server).
j4tp
Électoon

Post by j4tp »

Drolpiraat wrote:Also, there are a few problems with the PC soundtrack, the first one being that it'll probably have to be redone because Ray2Get might not be 100% correct after all (see this topic on XeNTaX). Not sure about this though. But don't worry, as soon as I get a good reply, I'll rip it myself. :)
Another problem is the songs are not 'right'. I have a copy of a Dreamcast rip, which was done via recording the music in-game with sounds turned off. You will notice that Infernus Animositas's rip does not contain the right order for each part of the song, such as different beginnings. I believe the only way to fix this is to study the dreamcast rip (which I would be able to upload later this week if anybody is interested) and then compile each song using Ray2Get streams. This would take a very long time, but it would be the first "pure" rip of Rayman 2.

Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

j4tp wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote:Also, there are a few problems with the PC soundtrack, the first one being that it'll probably have to be redone because Ray2Get might not be 100% correct after all (see this topic on XeNTaX). Not sure about this though. But don't worry, as soon as I get a good reply, I'll rip it myself. :)
Another problem is the songs are not 'right'. I have a copy of a Dreamcast rip, which was done via recording the music in-game with sounds turned off. You will notice that Infernus Animositas's rip does not contain the right order for each part of the song, such as different beginnings. I believe the only way to fix this is to study the dreamcast rip (which I would be able to upload later this week if anybody is interested) and then compile each song using Ray2Get streams. This would take a very long time, but it would be the first "pure" rip of Rayman 2.

Look I know all that, which is why I was going to redo the rip myself. It wouldn't be the first pure rip of Rayman 2 though since Synthesis already did that - except that Ray2Get doesn't work correctly.
Infernus Animositas
Lums Vert

I just arranged the music by the filenames and numbers. The game chooses different segments to loop in certain areas so I believe that the order I've put them in is the order they were meant to be heard otherwise the filenames would be named differently. For example AS1, AS2, AS3
j4tp
Électoon

Post by j4tp »

Drolpiraat wrote:It wouldn't be the first pure rip of Rayman 2 though since Synthesis already did that
Are you talking about this post in particular by Synthesis?
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

j4tp wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote:It wouldn't be the first pure rip of Rayman 2 though since Synthesis already did that
Are you talking about this post in particular by Synthesis?
Yes, I am. And I know that Synthesis did exactly the same, but it IS how it is in the game.
The game decides to loop different segments at different times, but the way Infernus and Synthesis ripped it is how it is meant to be heard.

@Infernus: However, there are some other issues with your rip. Some tracks are named incorrectly: for example, you named two tracks of the Precipice an "alternate movement" and an "alternate version" for the credits song. It's not only naming issues though: you also forgot to convert EA1F.apm, for example (there's more, I think), which Synthesis forgot to put in his ray2all.bat. ;) That whole track (50 - into the sanctuary) is a mess by the way - while the order of the actual game files is correct, yours isn't. Did you listen to it? You should. There are probably other tracks like that.

EDIT -> Ray2Get works correctly, apparently. I guess the PC version really does have some quality problems. Tested with the GOG version, it's hearable in-game. I guess I'll put up my PC version rip - which I'll start working on today - and then later a new Rayman Revolution rip (that doesn't have those quality problems) with all the tracks instead of just the extra ones. Rayman Revolution doesn't have the extra audio though, so I'll put both versions on RayTunes.
Infernus Animositas
Lums Vert

I'll look into it when I can.
Synthesis
Barbara
Tings: 10235

Post by Synthesis »

Drolpiraat wrote: It's not only naming issues though: you also forgot to convert EA1F.apm, for example (there's more, I think), which Synthesis forgot to put in his ray2all.bat. ;)
Oops... I may have forgotten a few other ones. The problem is, my converter doesn't support wildcards :(
I also realize that there's another missing part in the end of "The Menhir Hills" song, which IS in this trailer (from 0:51 to 0:57). But that file isn't even in the game resources...
Drolpiraat wrote: EDIT -> Ray2Get works correctly, apparently. I guess the PC version really does have some quality problems. Tested with the GOG version, it's hearable in-game.
True.
At first I thought there still was something wrong with my decoder, but I had a listen while playing the game and I noticed that the quality of the original files was not that clear anyway. :)
Synthesis
Barbara

Post by Synthesis »

Synthesis wrote: Oops... I may have forgotten a few other ones. The problem is, my converter doesn't support wildcards :(
Dammit, there's another and MUCH simpler way to convert ALL .apm files than using my .bat file (cause it works with a list of "predefined" file names).
Use this script instead of the original one:

Code: Select all

@echo off
echo Starting conversion...
for %%f in (*.apm) do echo %%f & ray2get.exe %%f
echo Converted.
@echo on
The only problem is, iirc Ray2Get only works for stereo files, so mono files ("outro1.apm" for example) will give crap after conversion...

-----

By the way,
Drolpiraat wrote: Also, there are a few problems with the PC soundtrack, the first one being that it'll probably have to be redone because Ray2Get might not be 100% correct after all (see this topic on XeNTaX). Not sure about this though.
this link seems dead...
Isn't this that same topic in which someone told you .apm format was ADPCM ?
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Synthesis wrote:this link seems dead...
Isn't this that same topic in which someone told you .apm format was ADPCM ?
Nope, it was a new topic I created when I still thought the quality of the converted files was less than the in-game music (didn't remember that you could actually hear that it was low quality). But it turned out I was wrong, so I deleted my topic. Your converter actually works perfectly. :D I made my own *.bat file to convert everything so that's good, and I also managed to open outro1.apm without your converter. So everything is fine. Both your name (should I put Synthesis or Palorifgrodbierzrt?) and Infernus's will be listed. Thanks, both of you! :)
Synthesis
Barbara

Post by Synthesis »

Drolpiraat wrote:I made my own *.bat file to convert everything so that's good, and I also managed to open outro1.apm without your converter.
How did you manage to do it? (by the way: the source code is online too).
Drolpiraat wrote:So everything is fine. Both your name (should I put Synthesis or Palorifgrodbierzrt?) and Infernus's will be listed. Thanks, both of you! :)
Well I use several nicknames, but you can put Synthesis, as it's the one I use the most often (even though there are lots of guys whose nick is Synthesis -- nouns or common words can often be a bad choice). (Palorifgrodbierzrt is my youtube nickname -- I couldn't find anything cool that wasn't already used so I took this :lol:)

btw, just had a look... file was removed from mediafire.
Edit: [Alternate download link -- includes new .bat file]
Last edited by Synthesis on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Synthesis wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote:I made my own *.bat file to convert everything so that's good, and I also managed to open outro1.apm without your converter.
How did you manage to do it?
Nothing complicated, really, just opened it in Goldwave as 4bit mono ADPCM, 11025Hz. That way, it sounded just like your mp3 version of it, so I guess it reads it right?
Synthesis wrote:btw, just had a look... file was removed from mediafire.
It's still online, I attached it to my reply post in the topic where you posted it (I think) :)