A question about Rayman(the first) soundtrack quality

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
majinm
Lums Rouge
Tings: 50

A question about Rayman(the first) soundtrack quality

Post by majinm »

Hello and thank you for reading.
I have found my old Rayman CD and ripped off the soundtrack out- 25 tracks on WAVs
Now, i have found Raytunes and downloaded their Flac zipped folder
How comes the Flac lossless files that raytunes got sounds way more quality to my ears then the WAVs i ripped off the original CD?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: A question about Rayman(the first) soundtrack quality

Post by Adsolution »

Aside from a few minor edits in the music, the quality should be the exact same. Did whatever you use to rip it re-encode the file?
majinm
Lums Rouge

Post by majinm »

If it tells you anything i ripped it off using Windows Media Player there is an option to rip off music on few formats and ofc i choose WAV
(the CD is also an audio CD funny but real..xD)
the bass is a lot more clear and the small effects as well on the FLACs on Raytunes
but i just cannot get how comes such a thing
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

When you rip the WAV, are there options? If there are, make sure it's set to at least 16-bit and 44100. I can't tell too much else though, they might just factually be lower quality, but I had never noticed that on mine.
majinm
Lums Rouge

Post by majinm »

16-bit and 44100 is the only option on WMP when its WAV even tho my soundcard can play 24bit hehe ^^
anyway i listened agian to the FLACs and i am sure the quality is better.. would you like me to upload the WAVs or one of them?

oh BTW
if you look online for illegal copy of rayman there are CD images of 90-100 MBs and the WAVs are like 400 MBs
can be that Ubisoft burned it on lossy format firstplace? and if thats the case, how comes Raytunes got better source?
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

The reason why the quality on RayTunes is better is that this is ripped losslessly from the original Playstation CD, not the PC version.
That's also why this soundtrack has much more music than the PC version does. ;)
majinm
Lums Rouge

Post by majinm »

umm how comes there are differences between the soundtracks i mean.. PC users suppose to enjoy the quality when it comes to a soundtrack isnt it so

i actully tought that Ubisoft burned the files on Ogg or something hehe

so you actully telling me that if will find the PS1 version right now and compare the WAVs i will able to hear thos diffrences

EDIT:

found the ps1 ver. you are right.
still on my wondering tho how comes PS1 soundtrack is richer to who ever notices it
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Games like "Croc: Legend of the Gobbos" also contain a better soundtrack in the PS1 version than in PC, not to mention that this last version misses some musics. I don't know why the musics are weaker/incomplete in PC but its a fact.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Another strange difference I've noticed is that on certain tracks like Mister Dark's theme, the left/right panning is reversed on the PC version.
majinm
Lums Rouge

Post by majinm »

^
nice that you noticed that hehe

EDIT:

as i been told by Rayfan the CD were burned with data + CDDA music so its kinda answers for one quastions about R1 PC ver.

did you know that GOG sells R1 ( http://www.gog.com/gamecard/rayman_forever ), and the soundtracks are ogg files! xD wtf
without disrespect the ogg files and i do have respect to thos thx to corn, they are NOT like any WAV/RAW whatever uncompressed..
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Too bad the GOG release had strange music. Luckily it can be fixed relatively easily.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L