Naming for Ubi-art articles

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Carrot-master
Pâquerette
Tings: 14621

Naming for Ubi-art articles

Postby Carrot-master » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:37 am

Many articles about a feature in Ubi-art games use (Rayman Origins) in their title.
Examples:
Lum (Rayman_Origins)
Land of the Livid Dead (Rayman Origins)

This was probably fine when Origins was released, but now there are five Ubi-art games which all use these "Rayman Origins" articles. Should we perhaps change the name to something else, such as (Ubi-art) or should we just stick with Origins since that's where they were introduced?

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 501015

Re: Naming for Ubi-art articles

Postby Hunchman801 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:59 pm

That's a good point. Not sure if UbiArt is the best way to describe such games, though I can't think of a better idea right now.

Carrot-master
Pâquerette

Postby Carrot-master » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:09 pm

While Ubi-art isn't the best title, since it's simply the engine being used, it's the only real thing these games have in common. Naming the article with the games listed in the name won't work since there are too many of these Ubi-art games now.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 380340

Postby Master » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 am

It's not ideal, but I'm also for changing it to Ubi-Art. Guess we're in agreement, with that in mind, how many articles are in need of renaming?

Carrot-master
Pâquerette

Postby Carrot-master » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 am

A quick search brings up these articles:
Lum (Rayman Origins)
Land of the Livid Dead (Rayman Origins)
Robot (Rayman Origins)
Spiky platform (Rayman Origins)

Now the robot and spiky platforms do however only appear in Origins and Back to Origins. So, should those names be kept, or should they also be changed since Back to Origins is a part of Legends? Or perhaps the robot article could be named "Robot (Moody Clouds)" since that's the only location it appears in, in both Origins and Back to Origins. But that still leaves out the rest of the articles having to be named "(Ubi-Art)".

PluMGMK
Reflux
Tings: 101030

Postby PluMGMK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 pm

The spiky platforms don't appear in Back to Origins at all actually, so the name can be retained.
Xenon wrote:Any user registered on Pirate Community who has made more than 100 posts is a cruel heartless scavenger!
Hunchman801 wrote:Quadruple quoters will be quintiply banned.
Rank: Reflux – J'aime les esprits malins. Leur cerveau n'en est que meilleur !

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:58 am

Heh, I guess in this case, it'd be kinda convenient if the Ubi-Art games were reboots, since it'd make more sense to call them Ubi-Art or whatnot to designate the different continuity.

On a more serious note, I'm with Plum, let's try to be reserved in using the Ubi-Art moniker.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 501015

Postby Hunchman801 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 pm

If we're going for the name of framework, let's get it right: it seems to be UbiArt, not Ubi-Art, Ubi-art or any other spelling. I hate stupid camel case names but it seems to be what Ubi are using. In this case, the suffix should probably be (UbiArt games).

Lum and Land of the Livid Dead would get updated with the new suffix, robot can use Moody Clouds instead, and spiky platform may keep Rayman Origins if those don't appear anywhere else. What were they replaced with, though?

PluMGMK
Reflux
Tings: 101030

Postby PluMGMK » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:37 pm

I think they were replaced with ordinary nénuphars (or whatever they're called in Origins).
Xenon wrote:Any user registered on Pirate Community who has made more than 100 posts is a cruel heartless scavenger!
Hunchman801 wrote:Quadruple quoters will be quintiply banned.
Rank: Reflux – J'aime les esprits malins. Leur cerveau n'en est que meilleur !

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 am

Not related, but I feel it should be noted, can we change the colour scheme of the navbox on that Spiky Platform page? It's rather harsh on the eyes, especially with the darker colour scheme RayWiki has.

Carrot-master
Pâquerette

Postby Carrot-master » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Master wrote:Not related, but I feel it should be noted, can we change the colour scheme of the navbox on that Spiky Platform page? It's rather harsh on the eyes, especially with the darker colour scheme RayWiki has.

I'm all for changing the colors of the enemy templates. Some of them really makes it hard seeing the links.

Return to “RayWiki”