Names in other languages?

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:12 am

12RayChienne9 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:56 pm
Thanks! Also, I have just created the Incrediball article in the Spanish version of RayWiki: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/es/Incrediball

Also, how about Champion Ray's name in Spanish? And Ray-Gnarr's name in Spanish?
Ray-Gnarr's name in spanish is Rayglodita. I couldn't find Champion Ray in the text files of Rayman Legends.
Image

12RayChienne9
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 6109

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Ok, how about the Sooties' name in Spanish? And the Moppies' name in Spanish? How about Ray-One's name in Spanish?

RayCarrot
Uglette
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Tings: 25319

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by RayCarrot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 pm

12RayChienne9 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:52 pm
Ok, how about the Sooties' name in Spanish? And the Moppies' name in Spanish? How about Ray-One's name in Spanish?
If you check the files I shared you can find all names in all languages :) Just check the ID next to it and compare between English and Spanish.
As for Champion Ray he is only in later versions of Legends. I can upload the files for those too.

Edit: I uploaded the Switch localization :)

12RayChienne9
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 6109

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm

RayCarrot wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 pm
12RayChienne9 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:52 pm
Ok, how about the Sooties' name in Spanish? And the Moppies' name in Spanish? How about Ray-One's name in Spanish?
If you check the files I shared you can find all names in all languages :) Just check the ID next to it and compare between English and Spanish.
As for Champion Ray he is only in later versions of Legends. I can upload the files for those too.

Edit: I uploaded the Switch localization :)
Thank you very much, you have been very kind in helping me. :mrgreen:

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:35 am

RayCarrot wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 pm
Edit: I uploaded the Switch localization :)
Great! Thanks for saving the day again :mrgreen:.

The text looks a little bit weird but, this is Champion Ray's spanish description:

Ray campeón
Es sin duda uno de los campeones más alucinantes del Claro de los Sueños. Este fiero competidor está siempre listo para un reto. Eso sí, cuidado, ¡no soporta perder!
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77552
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 553620

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Hunchman801 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 am

Elite Piranha wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:06 pm
Btw, for choosing the name of a character page, which name takes priority, the one that appears in the manual or the one that appears in the game? Razorwife has a spanish name (La Señora Barbaguda) in the Rayma M manual, but in the game (even if the spanish language is chosen) her name was not translated.
I would say Razorwife, as the game normally takes precedence. However, la Señora Barbaguda should also be mentioned as an alternate name (and used as a redirect).
Image

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:38 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 am
Elite Piranha wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:06 pm
Btw, for choosing the name of a character page, which name takes priority, the one that appears in the manual or the one that appears in the game? Razorwife has a spanish name (La Señora Barbaguda) in the Rayma M manual, but in the game (even if the spanish language is chosen) her name was not translated.
I would say Razorwife, as the game normally takes precedence. However, la Señora Barbaguda should also be mentioned as an alternate name (and used as a redirect).
Ok, thanks for replying! :mrgreen:
Image

12RayChienne9
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 6109

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:33 pm

It seems that the archives with several translations are paying off. :)

I have already created the Teensy Queen and Ray Plumber articles in the Spanish version of RayWiki:
- Teensy Queen: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/es/Reyminuta
- Ray Plumber: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/es/Rayfontanero

Well, in the case of some scrapped original playable characters in the UbiArt games such as Teensoudini, do I have to keep their original names or translate them literally?

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77552
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 553620

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Hunchman801 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:48 am

Great job! :up:
12RayChienne9 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:33 pm
Well, in the case of some scrapped original playable characters in the UbiArt games such as Teensoudini, do I have to keep their original names or translate them literally?
The name “Teensoudini” comes from an unused line of dialogue which is available for all languages supported by the game, so there must be a Spanish version of it. For example, the French name is “Ptizoudini”.
Image

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:48 am

Btw, could someone share the localization file of Rayman Revolutions? Sometimes it is difficult to find some names in spanish because there are no spanish let's plays/walkthroughs of the game.
Image

12RayChienne9
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 6109

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Elite Piranha wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:48 am
Btw, could someone share the localization file of Rayman Revolutions? Sometimes it is difficult to find some names in spanish because there are no spanish let's plays/walkthroughs of the game.
Well, the creator of this website may know their names in Spanish :?: , and I know some places' names in Spanish in Rayman Revolution such as the Cave of Bad Dreams's name being translated directly to "la Cueva de los Malos Sueños" in the Spanish version of Rayman Revolution, as well the Santuary of Stone and Fire and Beneath the Santuary of Stone and Fire having their names switched and then translated consecutively.

By the way, I've created the Minisaurus Plain article in the Spanish version of RayWiki: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/es/La_Llanura_Minisaurus

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:13 am

12RayChienne9 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:44 pm
Well, the creator of this website may know their names in Spanish :?: , and I know some places' names in Spanish in Rayman Revolution such as the Cave of Bad Dreams's name being translated directly to "la Cueva de los Malos Sueños" in the Spanish version of Rayman Revolution, as well the Santuary of Stone and Fire and Beneath the Santuary of Stone and Fire having their names switched and then translated consecutively.

By the way, I've created the Minisaurus Plain article in the Spanish version of RayWiki: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/es/La_Llanura_Minisaurus
Thanks for creating the page, btw, do you know what is the official spanish translation of the "Skull Cave" that is underneath Globox's House?
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77552
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 553620

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Hunchman801 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 am

I don’t have the names so we’ll need the localization files here.

I remember I had a hard time finding the name of Skull Cave in Italian as it’s only mentioned once or twice in the game.
Image

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:29 am

Hunchman801 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 am
I don’t have the names so we’ll need the localization files here.

I remember I had a hard time finding the name of Skull Cave in Italian as it’s only mentioned once or twice in the game.
Ok, in the meantime I'm going to use "Cueva del Cráneo" if I have to mention it in other articles.
Image

RayCarrot
Uglette
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Tings: 25319

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by RayCarrot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:33 am

Here's the Rayman 2 PS2 localization file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14EIrh ... 2_LMNchi1U

I haven't looked into the format yet though, so I haven't converted it. It's not encrypted though, so you can view all text in a hex viewer.

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:24 pm

RayCarrot wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:33 am
Here's the Rayman 2 PS2 localization file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14EIrh ... 2_LMNchi1U

I haven't looked into the format yet though, so I haven't converted it. It's not encrypted though, so you can view all text in a hex viewer.
Awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing the file, however it seems that it only contains english texts.
Image

RayCarrot
Uglette
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Tings: 25319

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by RayCarrot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:59 pm

Oops, sorry! I checked with Droolie and it turns out the other languages are stored in a separate file. So here is that one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sYnh3 ... 6FocKam1mW

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: Electric Final
Tings: 8426

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:18 pm

RayCarrot wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:59 pm
Oops, sorry! I checked with Droolie and it turns out the other languages are stored in a separate file. So here is that one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sYnh3 ... 6FocKam1mW
This is a tremendous help, thanks a lot! I checked the file and it seems that I guessed the spanish name right, it is "Cueva del Cráneo" indeed.
Image

12RayChienne9
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 6109

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 pm

RayCarrot wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:38 am
Edit: I converted the localization file to text files based on language. You can use the ID to find matching lines across the files. (thanks to Droolie for making the deserializer!)
Rayman Adventures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KjUX6 ... Z-GjvZJ85x
Rayman Mini: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rAByP ... e6XUxf2oXU
Rayman Legends: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g91zI ... PDUHGECBkN
I tried to access it, and unfortunately an error comes out. :(

RayCarrot
Uglette
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:46 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:
Tings: 25319

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by RayCarrot » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:52 am

I moved them all to a single folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Post Reply