Bad quality images

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Bad quality images

Post by Hunchman801 »

Hi all,

We've currently got 160 bad quality images on the wiki. While a few of them have to be left as is because they come from development versions, the vast majority can be replaced and the wiki would greatly benefit from it!

Please feel free to contribute by taking good quality screenshots to replace the crappy ones we have. :) Thank you!
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Bad quality images

Post by Haruka »

Wow, 160 is quite a number. I will see later what I can do. :)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, don't think I can be of much use for the majority of them, but I'll chip in where I can.

Right then, here's what I've got for now:
Begoniax
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

There's quite a bunch of them from Rayman Origins (like the latest ones you've uploaded). Anyone able to play the game in full HD can help. :)
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Unfortunately, I've only got the PS3 for those, my PC doesn't have Origins and Legends, and higher resolutions could be gotten from better computers anyways. I'll admit the ones I've gotten were from YouTube videos, I'll be more than happy to see them replaced with the proper stuff.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

We also have a few from Rayman 2, I'm pretty everybody can help with these! :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I've been attempting the Small Caterpillars, but they're a lot more feisty than those still images let on, worse, they don't respawn unless you get a Try Again. Still, did you see the Begoniax I got above?
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

I'm trying to get some replacement screens for Rayman Origins at the least and I might be able to get some for Travel in Time as well. To be realistic though I don't know what we're going to do with the Rayman 3 ones that were from like Unseen64; where exactly would we be able to get better quality versions of those if that's all they could get?
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I don't think we currently can, but it's there should something better be found or available.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thank you guys!
Cairnie wrote:To be realistic though I don't know what we're going to do with the Rayman 3 ones that were from like Unseen64; where exactly would we be able to get better quality versions of those if that's all they could get?
As I said above:
Hunchman801 wrote:While a few of them have to be left as is because they come from development versions, the vast majority can be replaced and the wiki would greatly benefit from it!
Disionity
Reclu
Tings: 2700

Post by Disionity »

Does the wiki need screenshots of the two PS Vita exclusive costumes from Rayman Legends? I can upload some (admittedly low-resolution) photos.

(Please note these were captured using the built-in camera function on the PS Vita system and then cropped using editing software):

Ray of Persia:

Glob Cell:

Perhaps these could be used as a placeholder until higher quality images can be obtained.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Well, I don't think they'd meet the quality requirements, but I'd assume having something there would be better than nothing.

Speaking of which, I'll be starting to get screenshots from Fiesta Run soon, as I've now unlocked all levels, just need to note them down on the article first.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thank you, Disionity! Normally we don't crop screenshots but in that very case it'll probably do the job until we can get our hands on the actual artwork.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Well, R3 early production can't be in better quality, no rom is on Internet.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Indeed, Humch already acknowledged that, however, despite those dev images, we've still got a large amount of images that need and can be replaced with better quality versions. For instance, I know there's some images from Rayman Revolution in there, I'm pretty certain that one could get good high resolution images to replace those via emulator, and I know for sure that there are members here who are more than capable of rising to that task.

Don't be put off by the whole Wiki thing, it's just image uploading. If you're capable of getting improved images to replace those in the link that Humch provided, please do come forward, if you're not comfortable about the Wiki stuff, then you can always send the image to Wiki contributors who will then sort out the stuff for you.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

WeshKanapesh wrote:Well, R3 early production can't be in better quality, no rom is on Internet.
In what language do I have to say that for everybody to understand? :boon:
Hunchman801 wrote:As I said above:
Hunchman801 wrote:While a few of them have to be left as is because they come from development versions, the vast majority can be replaced and the wiki would greatly benefit from it!
Also, thank you for your recent uploads Master, those images are much better now.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Sorry then.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

I'm going to try and clean up the quality of some of the beta screenshots from the games. It still won't meet the quality requirements, but it should make the images look somewhat nicer. Would this be OK?
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

What image are you trying to clean up?
I can help if you want.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Harpic fraîcheur wrote:What image are you trying to clean up?
I can help if you want.
I don't need help, but if I upload them you can see if you can do anything else with them afterwards. I'm going to clean up the Rayman 3 and 2 beta screenshots, to make them have less noise. Only problem is that they are no longer the original, which is why I am delaying the upload.