Naming for Ubi-art articles

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Naming for Ubi-art articles

Post by RayCarrot »

Many articles about a feature in Ubi-art games use (Rayman Origins) in their title.
Examples:
Lum (Rayman_Origins)
Land of the Livid Dead (Rayman Origins)

This was probably fine when Origins was released, but now there are five Ubi-art games which all use these "Rayman Origins" articles. Should we perhaps change the name to something else, such as (Ubi-art) or should we just stick with Origins since that's where they were introduced?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Naming for Ubi-art articles

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's a good point. Not sure if UbiArt is the best way to describe such games, though I can't think of a better idea right now.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

While Ubi-art isn't the best title, since it's simply the engine being used, it's the only real thing these games have in common. Naming the article with the games listed in the name won't work since there are too many of these Ubi-art games now.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

It's not ideal, but I'm also for changing it to Ubi-Art. Guess we're in agreement, with that in mind, how many articles are in need of renaming?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

A quick search brings up these articles:
Lum (Rayman Origins)
Land of the Livid Dead (Rayman Origins)
Robot (Rayman Origins)
Spiky platform (Rayman Origins)

Now the robot and spiky platforms do however only appear in Origins and Back to Origins. So, should those names be kept, or should they also be changed since Back to Origins is a part of Legends? Or perhaps the robot article could be named "Robot (Moody Clouds)" since that's the only location it appears in, in both Origins and Back to Origins. But that still leaves out the rest of the articles having to be named "(Ubi-Art)".
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

The spiky platforms don't appear in Back to Origins at all actually, so the name can be retained.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Heh, I guess in this case, it'd be kinda convenient if the Ubi-Art games were reboots, since it'd make more sense to call them Ubi-Art or whatnot to designate the different continuity.

On a more serious note, I'm with Plum, let's try to be reserved in using the Ubi-Art moniker.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

If we're going for the name of framework, let's get it right: it seems to be UbiArt, not Ubi-Art, Ubi-art or any other spelling. I hate stupid camel case names but it seems to be what Ubi are using. In this case, the suffix should probably be (UbiArt games).

Lum and Land of the Livid Dead would get updated with the new suffix, robot can use Moody Clouds instead, and spiky platform may keep Rayman Origins if those don't appear anywhere else. What were they replaced with, though?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I think they were replaced with ordinary nénuphars (or whatever they're called in Origins).
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Not related, but I feel it should be noted, can we change the colour scheme of the navbox on that Spiky Platform page? It's rather harsh on the eyes, especially with the darker colour scheme RayWiki has.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Master wrote:Not related, but I feel it should be noted, can we change the colour scheme of the navbox on that Spiky Platform page? It's rather harsh on the eyes, especially with the darker colour scheme RayWiki has.
I'm all for changing the colors of the enemy templates. Some of them really makes it hard seeing the links.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I havent' looked at much of the UbiArt articles as of yet....I really need to at least play Origins this week.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

The Jonster wrote:I havent' looked at much of the UbiArt articles as of yet....I really need to at least play Origins this week.
Go on, do! I can't wait to find out what you think of it!