Rayman Adventures worlds

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Rayman Adventures worlds

Post by Hunchman801 »

I've noticed we have the following articles for Rayman Adventures worlds:
  • Medieval Mayhem
  • Olympus Maximus (Rayman Adventures)
  • Toad Story (Rayman Adventures)
  • Sea of Serendipity (Rayman Adventures)
  • Wild, Wild East
Wild, Wild East is an original world and the article should be left alone.

Olympus Maximus and Toad Story, however, are the exact same worlds found in Rayman Legends, so the articles should be merged.

Medieval Mayhem seems identical to Teensies in Trouble in Rayman Legends, so should we merge them too? The only difference is the name.

And then, you have the Sea of Serendipity. Oddly enough, it looks exactly like 20,000 Lums Under the Sea in Rayman Legends, but bears the name of the world from Rayman Origins, also aquatic but slightly different. Should we merge it with 20,000 Lums Under the Sea anyway?
boomboleros7
Mr Stone
Tings: 68091

Re: Rayman Adventures worlds

Post by boomboleros7 »

Hunchman801 wrote:Olympus Maximus and Toad Story, however, are the exact same worlds found in Rayman Legends, so the articles should be merged.
I agree with that. There is no reason to create two separated articles.
Hunchman801 wrote:Medieval Mayhem seems identical to Teensies in Trouble in Rayman Legends, so should we merge them too? The only difference is the name.
I agree too. The article could begin with "Teensies in Trouble, also known as Medieval Mayhem" or something like that.
Hunchman801 wrote:And then, you have the Sea of Serendipity. Oddly enough, it looks exactly like 20,000 Lums Under the Sea in Rayman Legends, but bears the name of the world from Rayman Origins, also aquatic but slightly different. Should we merge it with 20,000 Lums Under the Sea anyway?
I don't know why the developers made that choice.
Does that mean that 20,000 Lums Under the Sea is located in the Sea of Serendipity? That would made sense.
If that's the case, I think the articles should stay like that.

Signature réalisée par Gnaax
Sa chaîne YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterSparta87
Son DeviantArt : http://gnaax.deviantart.com/
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Medieval Mayhem is basically Teensies in Trouble, so that could go there. As for Sea of Serendipity, it's technically a mixture between the world in Origins and 20 000 Lums under the Sea since it actually uses assets from Origins as well. But it mostly resembles the world in Legends, so I'd recommend putting it there. It was actually originally known as "Under the Sea" which I personally think sounds better as it more resembles the name in Legends. Also, one of the levels actually show the inflatable island from Legends in the background, so it's obvious that it's located at the same place as in Legends.
As for Wild, Wild East, it's basically an expansion on the Dojo world with some elements from Mystical Pique. Perhaps keeping it separate is best, but I wouldn't mind merging it with the Dojo article tbh.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Didn't the Inflatable Island and Gloo Gloo already basically confirm that 20000 Lums was located within the Sea of Serendipity, before Adventures was ever a thing?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Looks like we all agree to merge Olympus Maximus, Toad Story and Teensies in Trouble with their corresponding Legends worlds.
Carrot-master wrote:As for Wild, Wild East, it's basically an expansion on the Dojo world with some elements from Mystical Pique. Perhaps keeping it separate is best, but I wouldn't mind merging it with the Dojo article tbh.
I hadn't thought about this, but now you mention it, it looks like the Dojo is a specific location in Wild, Wild East, as well as a certain type of challenge, so I believe it should be kept separate while mentioning it appears to be part of the latter.
PluMGMK wrote:Didn't the Inflatable Island and Gloo Gloo already basically confirm that 20000 Lums was located within the Sea of Serendipity, before Adventures was ever a thing?
How so? Does the inflatable island appear in both (can't remember)?

Currently, we have no less than three articles for these locations: "Sea of Serendipity" (also includes "Angsty Abyss"), "20,000 Lums Under the Sea" and "Sea of Serendipity (Rayman Adventures)". Since the first one already includes an identical world going by a different name, I guess it would make sense to merge "Sea of Serendipity (Rayman Adventures)" with "20,000 Lums Under the Sea" (the introduction would be along the lines of "20,000 Lums Under the Sea, also known as the Sea of Serendipity in Rayman Adventures...").

Or, we also have the option to merge them all together. After all, I think I can remember some levels in Adventures being set on the surface, and therefore being closer to the Origins Sea of Serendipity than Legends' 20,000 Lums Under the Sea.

I'm not quite sure yet, so I think we need to clearly establish the relation between the three to make an informed decision.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote: Currently, we have no less than three articles for these locations: "Sea of Serendipity" (also includes "Angsty Abyss"), "20,000 Lums Under the Sea" and "Sea of Serendipity (Rayman Adventures)". Since the first one already includes an identical world going by a different name, I guess it would make sense to merge "Sea of Serendipity (Rayman Adventures)" with "20,000 Lums Under the Sea" (the introduction would be along the lines of "20,000 Lums Under the Sea, also known as the Sea of Serendipity in Rayman Adventures...").

Or, we also have the option to merge them all together. After all, I think I can remember some levels in Adventures being set on the surface, and therefore being closer to the Origins Sea of Serendipity than Legends' 20,000 Lums Under the Sea.
I think it's enough to merge the Adventures article with the Legend one. Although all water worlds may technically be in the same location, they're still distinct enough in their design. In Origins they take place in villages and open oceans, while in Legends and Adventures they focus on the underwater base which the toads have built. Adventures does indeed have a few levels which are more like the ones in Origins, but those are a minority and weren't added until a much later update.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Makes sense to me, another other opinions on the matter?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Hunchman801 wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:Didn't the Inflatable Island and Gloo Gloo already basically confirm that 20000 Lums was located within the Sea of Serendipity, before Adventures was ever a thing?
How so? Does the inflatable island appear in both (can't remember)?
Well, you jump into a sea full of colourful fish, and you hear the Lums singing the same song as they did in Origins. I know, it's weak, but reusing Origins music wasn't something that was done very often in the (non-BTO parts of) Legends, so it seems like they were trying to make a point.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

What about the inflatable island though?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It appears at both the start and end of the Legends world. But not in Origins I'm afraid. :oops2: Still, my point was about the environment in which the island is found.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Doesn't the warship from Origins appear in Gloo Gloo as well?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It certainly does! But that could mean anything…
boomboleros7
Mr Stone
Tings: 68091

Post by boomboleros7 »

"20,000 Lums Under the Sea" could refer to the part of the Sea of Serendipity's deep where the Nightmares build their submarine base.

We can write in the 20,000 Lums Under the Sea's article what it's a part of the Sea of Serendipity, like the Dojo who is a part of Wild, Wild East and the Infinite Tower who is a part of the Desert of Dijiridoos.

Speaking of Origins, do you think that the mechanical debris at the beginning of the Mysterious Inflatable Island come from the part of the Moody Clouds factory that exploded in Origins? If I remember correctly, there are some light bulbs used by the Magician to capture Lums among them.

Signature réalisée par Gnaax
Sa chaîne YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterSparta87
Son DeviantArt : http://gnaax.deviantart.com/
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote:It appears at both the start and end of the Legends world. But not in Origins I'm afraid. :oops2: Still, my point was about the environment in which the island is found.
Oh, I wasn't asking about Origins but Adventures. But I just checked the RayWiki article for the Mysterious Inflatable Island and it does indeed appear in the Sea of Serendipity from Adventures.

So, I think we have a case, "Sea of Serendipity (Rayman Adventures)" should be merged with "20,000 Lums Under the Sea". And like boombo said, the relation between the two is probably worth mentioning.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:It appears at both the start and end of the Legends world. But not in Origins I'm afraid. :oops2: Still, my point was about the environment in which the island is found.
Oh, I wasn't asking about Origins but Adventures. But I just checked the RayWiki article for the Mysterious Inflatable Island and it does indeed appear in the Sea of Serendipity from Adventures.
Yeah, I was the one who added that. I've now merged all of the worlds with their Legends counterparts, except for Wild, Wild East of course, and added redirects. I'm however wondering if we should somehow combine the level themes together, since they appear in both Adventures and Legends (mainly Olympus Maximus). Though I'm not sure what the best way would be to do that.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great job, it's much better like this. I suppose the ideal layout would be a general section and one per game but that would require each article to be very complete (and most likely reorganized), so I believe two sections will do for now!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I get what you're saying there, but was it really necessary to apply that two-sections formula to the Olympus Maximus article? It was already fairly complete, except for the Adventures section I guess. Now it seems like undue weight is being given to the Legends section even though from what I can tell most of the information applies to Adventures too. I know the other articles aren't as well-developed but should we really force their format on a much longer one?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

You're right, I was too quick to make that change and didn't realize that the main section applied to both Legends and Adventures. It should be fixed now.

Also, a list of levels would be welcome in the Legends section.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Right, I'm looking over the Olympus Maximus article now. There are a few things I think I should do. Obviously the specific references to Rayman Legends levels should be moved out of the "Description" section (guess I didn't future-proof the article as well as I thought!) or at least toned down.
I'm thinking also that the "temples" section should be merged into the "Underworld", since that seems to be where the temples are located, and they don't constitute a separate theme in Adventures.
On that note, I also think I should rename the subsections of "Description" to the names given in Adventures, since those are the official names for the locations/themes.
I think I should also do something about the fact that all the screenshots in the "Description" section are from Legends. Should I move (some of) them to the Legends section, or should I move the Adventures screenshots to the "Description" section, or some combination of both?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I think it looks very good now! :up: