Editor bugs

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Editor bugs

Post by RayCarrot »

I've recently been experiencing quite a few bugs when using the editor. Like sometimes when inserting a link, by pressing the link button, it randomly selects some text to show there rather than what I've actually selected. Sometimes when inserting an image it will also replace the image code with some already existing text nearby.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Editor bugs

Post by Hunchman801 »

Strange, we haven't changed anything in a while. Are you using a different browser, computer or connection? Are you able to reproduce the issue easily?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Well, it started a few months ago, but I feel I've noticed it more recently. And no, I haven't changed anything recently. The bug is also quite random, so it's nothing I can reproduce. But when it happens once it will keep happening each time I try to insert a link at that spot which is really irritating.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

To me it sounds a lot like some scripts not loading because of network issues. Did you notice some parts of the page not showing properly?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

No, everything else was working fine and I have a stable network connection.
One bug I can reproduce is if I first select something, press the link button, cancel and then press the link button with nothing selected. It will then show what I had previously selected. Maybe that isn't a bug though, I'm not sure. But I've had other issues as well (such as links/pictures having replaces something I didn't even select etc.). It's nothing major though and doesn't happen that often.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Yeah, it's probably by design.

This reminds me that I often encounter a bug where line breaks disappear, but it seems to be a problem with Chrome, not MediaWiki.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote:Yeah, it's probably by design.

This reminds me that I often encounter a bug where line breaks disappear, but it seems to be a problem with Chrome, not MediaWiki.
I finally seem to have been able to find one instance where I can reproduce the same bug each time. I made a video of it here: Edit: Now the same thing is happening, but without me having to first attempt to turn it into a link. So it's probably not related to that.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

That looks quite similar to the line break bugs on Chrome, what browser are you using?
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Yeah, I'm using Chrome. So you think it's a browser bug rather than the wiki?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well, I was able to reproduce it on Chrome but not on Safari, so this might be the case, yeah. I need to investigate this more.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

So editor bugs can happen....
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L