Rayman M and Arena

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Rayman M and Arena

Post by Master »

I've gone and tidied the Rayman M races and battle articles, but I also ended up having to add the relevant level info templates to some. My knowledge of M/Arena is miniscule, and while I've made some informed guesses as to the finer details (Lums, cups etc.), I think it'd be best if someone with proper knowledge of the game checks over the templates and if possible amend or simply inform editors of any errors or missing detail.

I've also noticed that Arena exclusive maps, such as Pac Arena, are awfully stubby and could likely be orphaned. These require knowledge of the exclusive GCN/Xbox versions of Rayman Arena, so I can imagine that getting someone who has experience with this title with time to help us with these articles isn't going to be easy. It'd be most appreciated if anyone could at least provide enough information to fill in a level info template, and also information to update the Rayman M navboxes.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Re: Rayman M and Arena

Post by Hunchman801 »

There seems to be a few problems with the galleries you've added. First of all, they're configured to have all images displayed at 325 × 205, which is non-standard (and really weird numbers anyway). The width should be 320 pixels for 3D games.

But then, you've also put artworks in there, which are only available in smaller resolutions. For example, the one for First Ruins is only 290 pixels wide, and it shouldn't be displayed at a higher resolution because it just looks ugly and adds no information.

I'm not sure galleries allow for images to be displayed in different, specified dimensions, so you might have to use another solution.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

That's my bad, I went off the size of a particular image, I'll amend the galleries when I get the chance. That still leaves the issue of integrating the Arena exclusive maps into the existing Rayman M templates.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Where did you get that particulary gallery from? I should fix it before someone else copies it too. :mrgreen:
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Oh no, I didn't nab a pre-existing gallery, I used the dimensions of one of the images as reference. Though looking at it again, I borked that up. :oops2:
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

As far as adding general information about the race/battle levels and checking the Lum counts, I can replay Arena (don't have GameCube or the Xbox version). It'll probably be awhile before I get around to doing so since I'm more focused on Legends.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:Oh no, I didn't nab a pre-existing gallery, I used the dimensions of one of the images as reference. Though looking at it again, I borked that up. :oops2:
Well here's some bork for you then:
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I went ahead and fixed all of the galleries now to the correct resolution. I also separated the artworks and put them in frames. Although I wonder if it's really good to keep the artworks since they mainly seem to be cropped images from the menus of the game which look really low quality.
As for the Rayman M template I think it should be redone to combine the race and battle levels in one template, which would also make it easier incorporating the exclusive maps. As for content and more screenshots I could possibly help out with that as well once I'm done with Legends. I have however had issues running Rayman M on PC in the past, so it depends on how that goes.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Carrot-master wrote:Although I wonder if it's really good to keep the artworks since they mainly seem to be cropped images from the menus of the game which look really low quality.
Are you talking about the ones from Rayman Arena? They're quite ugly indeed but rather than remove them we should strive to rip the original artwork from the game. Some of our modders might already have them.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Although I wonder if it's really good to keep the artworks since they mainly seem to be cropped images from the menus of the game which look really low quality.
Are you talking about the ones from Rayman Arena? They're quite ugly indeed but rather than remove them we should strive to rip the original artwork from the game. Some of our modders might already have them.
The Arena ones are definitely cropped as you can see the menu background, but I'm thinking some of the other ones are as well. Like this one here from Rayman M looks like it has parts of a frame around it which makes me think that all the artworks might just be cropped menu screenshots. The Rush ones are hard to tell due to the low resolution, but I haven't heard of anyone who has extracted the textures from that game, so it's most likely cropped screenshots there as well.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I've just asked Harpic what he knows about the artwork, let's see what he replies.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78135

Post by The Jonster »

*deleted*
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L