RayWiki Rules

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: RayWiki Rules

Post by spiraldoor »

Up until now I've been using the word 'The' in the titles of articles whose subjects are usually called such (eg 'The Great Protoon', 'The Heart of the World'), but according to Wikipedia's guides to article titles I've been doing it wrong; the word 'The' should only be placed at the start of an article's title when it's actually a part of the subject's name (eg 'The Caves of Skops', 'The Crow's Nest') or when it changes the title's meaning (but that's irrelevant here).

It will take some time to correct all instances of this mistake.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

I don't think this is a mistake at all, for the mere reason that the limit is way too vague: for example, the Great Protoon is always referred as such, with the article, so what is the exact difference with, say, the Caves of Skops?
Wikipedia's guidelines are a great source of inspiration but we should keep in mind the specificities of our wiki and not copy them blindly.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

I blindly leapt forward and changed everything to reflect Wikipedia's rules. But now I've changed everything back to the way it was. So it's all good.