Globox's species

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Re: Globox's species

Post by Hunchman801 »

I don't find the idea that stupid, Globox's babies being called Baby Globoxes sort of hints towards the species being called Globox. Not that I consider that to be sufficient evidence anyway; “Globox's species” sounds like the way to go.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I always thought 'Baby Globox' was a name adopted by the community, hence my thought, though after searching, apparently that phrase is mentioned during the race minigame. Strange, I never noticed.
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

For clarification are the babies with names (I.e. Hardox, Oktette etc) referred to as "Baby Globoxes" in game? My thinking is that after so many children, Globox and Uglette decided to be lazy and name the rest of the children "Globox" and hence the "Baby Globox" thing is the equivalent to calling them something like "Globox Jr".
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61820

Post by Droolie »

Seems to me that the developers chose the name "baby Globoxes" because they look like baby versions of Globox. That wasn't a problem before Rayman 3 - I don't remember any other name ever being mentioned before then.

Now, it's obvious that the Rayman 3 developers did put a lot of detail and thus thought into their game.
Note that in the beta text, the word "glute" does not appear in anywhere else than in the bird's description. That means that before the bird was scrapped, Globox did not call himself a "glute". It's possible that when the developers scrapped the bird, they found the name funny and wanted to carry it over to another species, or they simply loved the idea of Globox talking about his butt all the time. Remember, the bird technically doesn't exist apart from an easter egg in the Tower of the Leptys, so why shouldn't the developers be able to reuse the name?

That, or Globox is a mutation, or he thinks he is a mutation of a blue bird. A reason to believe this might be the similarities of skin textures, as I pointed out here last year: http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 15#p746715
That's a bit of a stretch though. ^^
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Adsolution wrote:Does anyone else think that a RayWiki Uncyclopedia would be brilliant? It could be entirely based off a mix of overused fanon, satire and misinterpretations (such as stating that Origins is the first in the series, that the two Magicians are different characters, and that Rayman was castrated by poo-pirates, being relatives of the robo-pirates of course).
I'd rather not name it after Uncyclopedia, which is one of the least funny sites on the internet, but this sounds like a magnificent social experiment and I'd be glad to contribute. I'm sure it would get more activity than the French RayWiki.
Hunchman801 wrote:I don't find the idea that stupid, Globox's babies being called Baby Globoxes sort of hints towards the species being called Globox.
Or just the family or clan being called Globox.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

@Droolie I actually like your theory but still we aren't entirely sure if the bird species were really dropped.

@Hunch I defend the "Globox's species" too for now.
spiraldoor wrote:
Adsolution wrote:Does anyone else think that a RayWiki Uncyclopedia would be brilliant? It could be entirely based off a mix of overused fanon, satire and misinterpretations (such as stating that Origins is the first in the series, that the two Magicians are different characters, and that Rayman was castrated by poo-pirates, being relatives of the robo-pirates of course).
I'd rather not name it after Uncyclopedia, which is one of the least funny sites on the internet, but this sounds like a magnificent social experiment and I'd be glad to contribute. I'm sure it would get more activity than the French RayWiki
*My fanfic would become cannon*
I also believe this could be interesting, where members could share up their theories about something.
boomboleros7
Mr Stone
Tings: 68091

Post by boomboleros7 »

spiraldoor wrote:I'd rather not name it after Uncyclopedia, which is one of the least funny sites on the internet, but this sounds like a magnificent social experiment and I'd be glad to contribute. I'm sure it would get more activity than the French RayWiki.
There are only two active persons: Hunch and me...
Never understand why there aren’t more contributors on the French wiki... :(

Signature réalisée par Gnaax
Sa chaîne YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterSparta87
Son DeviantArt : http://gnaax.deviantart.com/
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

you forgot 'Cog and GOTG you know :?
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Drolpiraat wrote: That, or Globox is a mutation, or he thinks he is a mutation of a blue bird. A reason to believe this might be the similarities of skin textures, as I pointed out here last year: http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 15#p746715
That was a year ago? Damn...
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

I suggest you check my topic about the beta script here: http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 85#p894485
I found more interesting dialogue in the PS2 beta demo's script. Globox loves talking about glutes, but I think he's actually talking about the birds, mocking their name to the point when he sometimes shouts out "glute farts!" or "for the love of glute", and mentioning that Rayman is probably stronger than the mysterious Incredible Glute.
Rulez wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote: That, or Globox is a mutation, or he thinks he is a mutation of a blue bird. A reason to believe this might be the similarities of skin textures, as I pointed out here last year: http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 15#p746715
That was a year ago? Damn...
Time goes fast, doesn't it? :)
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

Drolpiraat wrote: Time goes fast, doesn't it? :)
Yeah... I wish we could slow it down.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Still, the whole thing barely makes any sense. While it's now obvious that the term glute refers to the bird in Rayman 3, why would Globox be called “the biggest glute in the Glade” in Origins? Droolie's right, there's got to be a link between that bird and Globox's species. :|
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

What if Globox is just poking fun at how Glutes share their name with buttocks, and it's become a bit of a joke in the Glade? Like, Globox found the name "Glute" so ridiculous he couldn't stop saying it and now it's part of his vocabulary, just like when you start saying "bro" ironically but it becomes part of you, and now everyone associates Globox with glutes because of that?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

That sounds like a plausible explanation.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

I agree, I think that's the best theory we've had so far. :)
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

I try my best!
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

its also plausible that globox himself was nicknamed "glute" due to how he became blue (the birds colour), which was eating food; much like the bird glute does in the description hunch found.
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

dartofthedavros wrote:its also plausible that globox himself was nicknamed "glute" due to how he became blue (the birds colour), which was eating food; much like the bird glute does in the description hunch found.
Holy shit, that's brilliant!
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Rulez wrote:What if Globox is just poking fun at how Glutes share their name with buttocks, and it's become a bit of a joke in the Glade? Like, Globox found the name "Glute" so ridiculous he couldn't stop saying it and now it's part of his vocabulary, just like when you start saying "bro" ironically but it becomes part of you, and now everyone associates Globox with glutes because of that?
Rulez is probably right with this way of thinking. What if it is really this?
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

Haruka wrote:
Rulez wrote:What if Globox is just poking fun at how Glutes share their name with buttocks, and it's become a bit of a joke in the Glade? Like, Globox found the name "Glute" so ridiculous he couldn't stop saying it and now it's part of his vocabulary, just like when you start saying "bro" ironically but it becomes part of you, and now everyone associates Globox with glutes because of that?
Rulez is probably right with this way of thinking. What if it is really this?
Dart and I could both be right. Perhaps people started calling him Glute because of that and he thought it was funny so he started using the word "Glute" as often as he could, i.e. "hey guys I said for the love of Glute haha get it funny please love me" and it's become part of what he is.