Dark Rayman & Bad Rayman

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
foultzboyz
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Dark Rayman & Bad Rayman

Post by foultzboyz »

He is technically an alternate skin, though he also has alternate personality. He's dark, evil, and in this case similar to Globox vs. Dark Globox. It appears as a skin, though it's very much implied that he's still his own self, which is what gets me in those terms. Really, I think Dark was just grouped with Rayman for the reason that they use the same 3D model and everything while Globox and Dark Globox use pretty different models and animations.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

spiraldoor wrote:He's a skin of Rayman, but when you select him the name "Dark Rayman" appears in the menu instead of "Rayman".
foultzboyz wrote:He is technically an alternate skin, though he also has alternate personality. He's dark, evil, and in this case similar to Globox vs. Dark Globox. It appears as a skin, though it's very much implied that he's still his own self, which is what gets me in those terms. Really, I think Dark was just grouped with Rayman for the reason that they use the same 3D model and everything while Globox and Dark Globox use pretty different models and animations.
This is why he deserves a whole article, unlike other skins.
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

A Strawberry Globox article would be cool though. :lol:
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I have just reorganised and rewritten the Bad Rayman article. I may add one or two pictures from the original game and Rayman Junior, but well, the most important was done. I've tried to clear up the confusion with Dark Rayman, and to give less importance to the GBC version (the whole article almost sounded like it was his only appearance). Feel free to give your opinion!
By the way, I'm almost finished with the Rayman 1 RayWiki project, which means that almost everything in the original game now has an article on RayWiki. I'm not sure which game I'll work on next though.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

We'll need some incredible work done on everything about Rayman 2, like screens and stuff, so maybe we could start on that. Perhaps we can get Spiraldoor to take screens of the Dreamcast-only stuff if he could make it that far.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

An incredible work has already been done about the original game, so I ain't scared :mrgreen: However, I may work a bit on Rayman Junior before I move to Rayman 2. As concerns spiral, I count on him :) There are many different versions of Rayman 2, and we will need help from several people to capitalise all this knowledge.
foultzboyz
Électoon

Post by foultzboyz »

Sorry guys that I haven't been around much, though I've been held up tremendously by working and personal stuff like the Make Something Unreal Contest, Phase 3 which ends on Friday (I'm entering!) and Phase 4 at the end of the summer, and at the end of my vacation, so I won't be catching a break for a while. I'd go with Rayman 2 though--it's not only next in line though it was probably the most popular and the most critically-acclaimed. (Critics liked them all though Rayman 2 got some particularly superb marks.) I'll get back into it when I can, hopefully soon.
DigitheCrystalgem
Électoon

Post by DigitheCrystalgem »

spiraldoor wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:08 am Most people seem to think that Dark Rayman and Bad Rayman aren't the same, but really, I don't see why this is. First of all, why would Rayman have two different evil clones? It just seems a really weird choice for the developers to make. Does that mean that there'd be a Dark Bad Rayman as well? And don't tell me that one's name is "Bad Rayman" and the other's is "Dark Rayman", because in Rayman Junior, the evil clone who follows you is referred to as the "Wicked Double" repeatedly by Betilla. And don't tell me that Bad Rayman is dead and Dark Rayman is another character, because in Rayman Junior and Rayman Designer he can die and be re-summoned repeatedly by Mister Dark. And look at the them:

They have similar colours, glowing eyes and the biggest difference is the clothes he's wearing. Judging by the colours, Bad Rayman is darker than Dark Rayman. And in Rayman Advance, at the start of Mr Dark's Dare part 2 it actually says "Beware of Dark Rayman", and I mean how much more specific can you get?

I know, he behaves differently in Arena...but so do all the other characters! And I'm trying to think of why Rayman would have multiple different evil clones, but I just can't. Does anyone else share my opinions?

The first could have died or was killed and deemed a failure by Mr.Dark.