Mr or Mister?

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Should the R1 bosses be referred to as 'Mr' or 'Mister'?

Mr Sax, Mr Stone, Mr Skops, Mr Dark
65%
Mister Sax, Mister Stone, Mister Skops, Mister Dark
35%

Total votes: 34

spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Mr or Mister?

Post by spiraldoor »

Wikipedia wrote:In writing, "Mister" is almost always abbreviated "Mr." or "Mr" when used with the person's name. As with most abbreviations of titles, in the United States and Canada a period follows the abbreviated form, while in most Commonwealth countries, the period (full stop) is not used.
'Mr' is European. 'Mr.' is American. 'Mr' wins. :grrr:

Note that I have given up on the 'Mr or Mister' debate. But I just wanted to reaffirm the fact that 'Mr.' is out of the question...
PluMGMK wrote:Serious ownage! BTW, I voted Mr and I have no intention of contributing to the wiki so this laziness theory is wrong too. :P
Can you prove that every single person who voted 'Mr' had no intention of contributing to the wiki? Let me answer that for you: no, you can't. Don't post such stupidness again.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78135

Post by The Jonster »

I prefer Mr., most definitely.

Edit: Personally I’ve never really felt comfortable with the “Mister” saying for anything really.
Last edited by The Jonster on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

PluMGMK wrote:Serious ownage! BTW, I voted Mr and I have no intention of contributing to the wiki so this laziness theory is wrong too. :P
"No intention"? Sacrelige. :roll:

(Yes I know this would have been better to post during the record itself, but Jonster was bumping these so fast I couldn't keep up…)