Glade of Dreams and Crossroads of Dreams

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Questions

Post by spiraldoor »

I was browsing through the CrashMania forums for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I randomly happened to come across two members called 'dingodile555' and 'Lijik'. That was a very WTF moment for me. The internet can be a small place...

Also, I have an unrelated question: does anyone know who each character was voiced by in R2 PS1?
R2_PS1_voice_actors.jpg
Ken Starkevic is definitely Razorbeard, as he sounds just like André in this version. Doug Rand was Mister Dark in R1 (and "Additional voices" in R3), but I have no idea who he's voicing here. David Gassman is presumably voicing Rayman, even though his voice sounds a bit different here than it does in Revolution and R3. Caroll Rolley and Kim Broderick must be voicing Ly and Uglette (though it's hard to say which one's which), and I haven't a clue about Christian Erickson and Alan Winger.
dingodile555
Lums Rouge
Tings: 65

Post by dingodile555 »

spiraldoor wrote:I was browsing through the CrashMania forums for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I randomly happened to come across two members called 'dingodile555' and 'Lijik'. That was a very WTF moment for me. The internet can be a small place...
Yep, I found Haruka on Croc: Hero of the Gobbos forum too.
iHeckler9
Chasseur
Tings: 1830

Post by iHeckler9 »

spiraldoor wrote:I was browsing through the CrashMania forums for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I randomly happened to come across two members called 'dingodile555' and 'Lijik'. That was a very WTF moment for me. The internet can be a small place...

Also, I have an unrelated question: does anyone know who each character was voiced by in R2 PS1?
R2_PS1_voice_actors.jpg
Ken Starkevic is definitely Razorbeard, as he sounds just like André in this version. Doug Rand was Mister Dark in R1 (and "Additional voices" in R3), but I have no idea who he's voicing here. David Gassman is presumably voicing Rayman, even though his voice sounds a bit different here than it does in Revolution and R3. Caroll Rolley and Kim Broderick must be voicing Ly and Uglette (though it's hard to say which one's which), and I haven't a clue about Christian Erickson and Alan Winger.
Speaking of CrashMania, I found this image that you might want to put as your sig or something.

Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

I think we should create two new categories – “Magical Beings” and “People”. These are, as far as I can tell, the only “official” cateogories which exist. Most of the Rayman 2 characters are placed into these categories for us by the Rayman 2 manual. The categories seem to apply only to the inhabitants of the Glade, so external beings like Razorbeard and the Leptys should probably be excluded. Most of the characters from the series would fit into one of these two categories, which would make them a rather major addition (which is why I wanted to consult everyone here before moving forward with it). These categories were only mentioned at the time of Rayman 2, so the idea of enemies coming from within Rayman's world isn't even explored. “Magical Beings” and “People” are treated almost as if they were subcategories of “Friends”... so it's hard to say whether characters like the R1 bosses would even fit into this system of classification.

“People” is already a category, but considering what it's currently being used for, I think that it should probably be moved to “Real People”, which would free up the “People” location.

Edit: uhh never mind
Last edited by spiraldoor on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iHeckler9
Chasseur

Post by iHeckler9 »

How can I get an account on Raywiki? I spotted a few errors and want to change them.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Just use the same login as yo do here. But don't make too many unnecessary edits ok?
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
iHeckler9
Chasseur

Post by iHeckler9 »

No, where do you go to make an account? I can't see the 'edit' button anywhere.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Did you read what I just said? Stop being stupid.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
nr0r
Crapaud blindé
Tings: 16858

Post by nr0r »

I have the answer!!!

Rayman games are very inconsistent. Nuff said. :P

Tunderous wrote: How would we know if you have a husband? Your gender isnt shown. :mrgreen:
[1:02 AM] Chloë/Adsolution/Krawielicki?: lilith= if she took up any space shed be a waste of it
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

dingodile555 wrote:When is the Glade of Dreams ever referred to as Crossroads of Dreams?
I didn't even know it COULD be called the Crossroads of Dreams.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

The Jonster wrote:
dingodile555 wrote:When is the Glade of Dreams ever referred to as Crossroads of Dreams?
I didn't even know it COULD be called the Crossroads of Dreams.
It's in the English manual of Rayman 3.
dingodile555
Lums Rouge
Tings: 65

Post by dingodile555 »

Man, I’m glad I finally got an answer nearly a decade later. :D

However as we discussed before, it seems it was changed in the Platinum version’s manual to ‘Rayman’s world’ oddly.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Regarding the whole Crossroads v Glade thing, most of you probably know it but just in case:
Hunchman801 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:08 am The Crossroads of Dreams is actually the literal translation of the name of the Glade of Dreams in French (La Croisée des Rêves). In my opinion it's just another localisation incoherence and both names actually refer to Rayman's world.
And welcome back dingodile, good to see you around after more than seven years. ;)
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Re: Glade of Dreams and Crossroads of Dreams

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Does anyone know where the thread or page is for Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge is? I know it would be on the Rayman section of the forum but do you know where it is? Thanks. :D
I just noticed that I posted this in a completely unrelated topic :confus: . Sorry.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

arnoldfranklin wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:21 pm Does anyone know where the thread or page is for Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge is? I know it would be on the Rayman section of the forum but do you know where it is? Thanks. :D
I just noticed that I posted this in a completely unrelated topic :confus: . Sorry.
The general topic for Hoodlum's Revenge is here. It's weird that this one doesn't appear in the Rayman forum index.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks for letting us know! It's there now.