Names in other languages?

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77506
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 552680

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Hunchman801 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Good question, it looks like they're pretty much interchangeable to me, so it's just a matter of you guys agreeing on one. :mrgreen:
Image

12RayChienne9
Sandra Misu
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 4939

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:30 pm

I don't mind about the change... But I think it could be fitting that "Scrapped content from Rayman #" should be translated as "Contenido desechado de Rayman #".

Also, I used the Spanish word "descartado" to refer scrapped stuff because I took it out of a video in Spanish which speaks of trivia about the Rayman series which I saw it two years ago.

Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: The Cave of Bad Dreams
Tings: 5919

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm

I personally think that "Contenido descartado de Rayman #" sounds better.

12RayChienne9
Sandra Misu
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 4939

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Elite Piranha wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm
I personally think that "Contenido descartado de Rayman #" sounds better.
Ok, I'll take care of that change.

Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: The Cave of Bad Dreams
Tings: 5919

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:43 am

12RayChienne9 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 pm
Elite Piranha wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm
I personally think that "Contenido descartado de Rayman #" sounds better.
Ok, I'll take care of that change.
I've already made the changes, (I think there were only two pages that used the word "desechado" in their categories). I'll wait some time and if no one says anything else, I'll create the pages for the "scrapped content" categories.

Edit: I've already sent a PM to Jaster.

12RayChienne9
Sandra Misu
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 4939

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Elite Piranha wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:43 am
12RayChienne9 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 pm
Elite Piranha wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm
I personally think that "Contenido descartado de Rayman #" sounds better.
Ok, I'll take care of that change.
I've already made the changes, (I think there were only two pages that used the word "desechado" in their categories). I'll wait some time and if no one says anything else, I'll create the pages for the "scrapped content" categories.

Edit: I've already sent a PM to Jaster.
Thanks for the collaboration :winkgrin: , in response to what you did, I have collaborated in one of the articles you've created. I also created the Fish and the Piranha articles in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

Well, what is the name of each member of the Snifflers in Spanish?

Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: The Cave of Bad Dreams
Tings: 5919

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:54 pm

12RayChienne9 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm
Thanks for the collaboration :winkgrin: , in response to what you did, I have collaborated in one of the articles you've created. I also created the Fish and the Piranha articles in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

Well, what is the name of each member of the Snifflers in Spanish?
Thanks for creating the pages, I don't know the names of the Snifflers, I'll try to check that later.

12RayChienne9
Sandra Misu
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 pm
Tings: 4939

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Elite Piranha wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:54 pm
12RayChienne9 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm
Thanks for the collaboration :winkgrin: , in response to what you did, I have collaborated in one of the articles you've created. I also created the Fish and the Piranha articles in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

Well, what is the name of each member of the Snifflers in Spanish?
Thanks for creating the pages, I don't know the names of the Snifflers, I'll try to check that later.
You're welcome :)
Besides, you're going to create the Spanish version of the Hostess article, right?

So, here is a video of a gameplay of Rayman 3 in Spanish:


Also, I'm planning to create the Spanish version about the three types of fishes which appeared in Eat at Joe's, one of the levels the original Rayman game has.

Elite Piranha
Mamma Voudou
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 am
Location: The Cave of Bad Dreams
Tings: 5919

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Elite Piranha » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:00 am

12RayChienne9 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 pm
You're welcome :)
Besides, you're going to create the Spanish version of the Hostess article, right?

So, here is a video of a gameplay of Rayman 3 in Spanish:
Yes, I plan to create a page for the Hostess once I have all the information I need.

Thanks for the video, btw do you understand what André says in the min. 32:24:



EDIT: The Sniifers in spanish are called "Los Estormudos", I found two of their members in this video:

Moco
Achús

Also, this link might be useful to you.

Post Reply