Dealing with Rabbids stuff

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Dealing with Rabbids stuff

Post by Cairnie »

So earlier today I watched a gameplay of the latest in the Rabbids series Travel in Time, and it seems that this is getting further from its Rayman roots as the series goes along, therefore lots of new articles that are more related to that than Rayman may/will show up. I had a thought about maybe having a Rabbids only section, or shall we just keep Rabbids info on here as it is?

Again it's just a thought, mainly cause I know a few wikis that still right articles on spin off related stuff.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Dealing with Rabbids stuff

Post by spiraldoor »

The post-TV Party Rabbids games are only tangentially related to Rayman. The first three had ‘Rayman’ in the title and at least made a token effort to include him as the protagonist. However, Rabbids Go Home and Travel In Time have no direct connection to Rayman (and nor do all the articles on their characters, enemies, levels, items etc). I’m not sure what you mean by having a separate Rabbids section – would this be like an entirely new branch of the wiki? If so, I don’t know how we’ll handle games that involve both Rayman and Rabbids. Would RRR1 GBA have different articles on RayWiki and RabbidWiki? Or would editing one article automatically change the other to match it? I find it hard to imagine how such a solution would function.

Perhaps the vaguely-related Rabbids-only games should be given one page each, just like Tonic Trouble, and should not have pages for their enemies, levels etc.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

(For some reason, my above post is not indicated when you view this thread from the RayWiki subforum. It says incorrectly that this thread has no responses in it so far. Perhaps this is a glitch of some sort. When I submitted that post, it took me to a blank page instead of a ‘Your post has been submitted successfully’ one.)

(Edit: It now says that I’ve only made one post in this thread, even though I’ve clearly made two. Interesting.)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

In my opinion I guess we could keep Rabbid information in the RayWiki, since the Rabbids originally started to appear in the "Rayman Raving Rabbids" game series.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Haruka wrote:In my opinion I guess we could keep Rabbid information in the RayWiki, since the Rabbids originally started to appear in the "Rayman Raving Rabbids" game series.
I’d say Tonic Trouble has a stronger connection to Rayman than Rabbids Go Home does, but Rabbids Go Home is still given better treatment than it on the wiki.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

spiraldoor wrote:I’d say Tonic Trouble has a stronger connection to Rayman than Rabbids Go Home does, but Rabbids Go Home is still given better treatment than it on the wiki.
I'm not saying the contrary. Even knowing that Rabbids Go Home and Raving Rabbids Travel in Time aren't part of "Rayman's games" anymore.
Cairnie
Murfy

Post by Cairnie »

The Rabbids go Home article isn't even finished yet since I haven't been bothered to play it in the past few months. Reason I was even thinking about this is because for example, MarioWiki tend to have articles about spin offs that are very vaguely about Mario [Donkey Kong, Warioware etc], nobody seems to have gotten in trouble for making articles about them. The other reason is because I don't want any of this to be moved to some shitty wikia that's only being edited by 12 year olds that never even played any Rayman or Rabbids game.

I'm probably being retarded but whatever.

so wuz old psn banner

ParadoxJuice
Tily
Tings: 35370

Post by ParadoxJuice »

Perhaps we should just create a single article, 'Rabbids'.

This will contain all information on the Rabbids that isn't relevant to Rayman.
If anything I say sounds offensive, mean or rude in any way, it is not, no matter how sure you are. If we appear to be in a heated argument, I am perceiving it as a calm debate. WAGAZAKI!!!!
Cairnie
Murfy

Post by Cairnie »

There already is an article about Rabbids themselves so maybe one about the series in general might be worth a shot.

so wuz old psn banner

spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Has anyone taken my suggestions regarding the Rabbids-related articles into consideration? I proposed that the Rabbids games which are virtually unrelated to the Rayman series (including Rabbids Go Home, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time and their derivatives) should be given a single page each, just like Tonic Trouble. That game has more to do with Rayman than the recent Rabbids ones, and we have managed to compress all the important information regarding its story, gameplay, levels, items, characters and enemies into a single concise article.

I think we should do the same for Rabbids Go Home and Travel in Time as we did for Tonic Trouble; we shouldn’t allow the wiki to become cluttered with dozens and dozens of Rabbids-related stubs which have practically no relevance to the Rayman series. Even Beyond Good & Evil is more of a Rayman game than Travel in Time, but we don’t have separate articles for each of the Beyond Good & Evil characters, levels etc.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78135

Post by The Jonster »

I bet Birds could find more things on Rabbids.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Boombo did a brilliant job on the French article on different Rabbid types.
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

The Jonster wrote:I bet Birds could find more things on Rabbids.
I will try to do this. ;)
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723