Sanctuary of Rock and Lava page

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet
Tings: 135

Sanctuary of Rock and Lava page

Post by SuperSajuuk »

Hi

I'm new here, I've been browsing the Wiki a lot to find helpful tips etc, and I've noticed the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava page is missing some content. I don't know whether I should add in the missing information without violating a rule, can you advise?

Thanks! :)

EDIT: The parts where I added in information are:
http://www.raymanpc.com/wiki/en/The_San ... on_version
http://www.raymanpc.com/wiki/en/The_San ... _2_version
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Sanctuary of Rock and Lava page

Post by spiraldoor »

There’s no need to inform us of any edits you make – we go over all contributions anyway and correct them as necessary.
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

Oh ok, I wasn't sure so I thought I should just make a thread anyway. As I said, I'm new here so it'll take a while for me to get used to things :)

Thanks! :)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

You are welcomed to contribute to the RayWiki. :)
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

Thanks Haruka :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Hi there!
While most edits do not require any advice, the use of talk pages is required for major contributions or edits you are unsure of. The RayWiki subforum is also an alternative in case you want to have a debate with the whole community, which is recommended for important matters.
Thank you for joining!
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

Got a quick question: I added a link to a video I made for the PS1 version of Rayman 2 on The Crows Nest page, but it's been removed. Any particular reason? I guess it's because there's already a link to one made by Haruka, but links to multiple playthrough's shouldn't be a problem. ;)
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Which youtube video was it?
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Shukaku wrote:Thanks :)

Got a quick question: I added a link to a video I made for the PS1 version of Rayman 2 on The Crows Nest page, but it's been removed. Any particular reason? I guess it's because there's already a link to one made by Haruka, but links to multiple playthrough's shouldn't be a problem. ;)
I've been working in adding my playthrough links for the RayWiki actually, but it has been a slow process adding the links. And modesty apart, my videos have general better quality than some around YouTube. Rayman 2: The Great Escape for PS1 will be remastered this Summer with improved sound and graphical quality, to substitute the current walkthrought I have.
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

@StaceyW: The YouTube video I added was this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkHdTIG_0SE

@Haruka: My video is good quality. And yes, it is hard work to add in links everywhere, but always include other playthrough's if you find them ;). I will also watch your walkthrough when I get time. :)
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I also think that videos with players talking while they play isn't very advisible.

Well, at least I can say that for Rayman 2, you can add Nintendo 64/Nintendo DS/Nintendo 3DS/iPhone/iPod Touch videos since I won't (and I haven't) do video walkthroughs of these. :)
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

Haruka wrote:I also think that videos with players talking while they play isn't very advisible.
Hint: All Let's Play's are done commentated :P
Uncommentated walkthroughs/LP's usually aren't very exciting and get more boring after a while. In fact, I don't watch uncommentated LP/walkthrough's anymore. When you commentate, you can put in some one liner jokes, and get views from just that. :P An example is one of my other videos, it gets plenty of views from just a one liner joke I made. And popular channels usually have people asking for them to commentate.
Well, at least I can say that for Rayman 2, you can add Nintendo 64/Nintendo DS/Nintendo 3DS/iPhone/iPod Touch videos since I won't (and I haven't) video walkthroughs of this done by me. :)
I'll be doing the PC version soon, as it will cover N64/DreamCast versions by itself due to their almost identical levels and design. I don't have the 3DS, or the iPod version (and how someone is supposed to do a walkthrough for an iPod version is beyond me :P)
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

That's your opinion, but not everyone (like me) likes to watch playthroughts with voice comments.
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

Haruka wrote:That's your opinion, but not everyone (like me) likes to watch playthroughts with voice comments.
Well true. I guess we can't please everyone :P
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

I don’t think Let’s Plays are very appropriate for an encyclopaedic wiki.
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

spiraldoor wrote:I don’t think Let’s Plays are very appropriate for an encyclopaedic wiki.
How not? They're just like walkthroughs, except with commentary, no difference.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Sorry but it does is different.

I don't want to sound wrong but please let the walkthrough links with me, in case of me having videos of the correspondent games.
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

Oh ok, I guess there's a reason. :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

As much as I enjoy nicely commentated playthroughs, they are not suitable for encyclopædic content, just like altered (cropped or circled) pictures.
SuperSajuuk
Lums Violet

Post by SuperSajuuk »

I guess that's a good reason. Oh well.

Maybe we could have a page with links to different playthroughs (commentated or not) on youtube by different users? Or would that not be allowed?