Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge GBA - Magazine Advert

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Sevy
Pti-lote
Tings: 2810

Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge GBA - Magazine Advert

Post by Sevy »

I happen to have a (possibly rare? I say that because I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere to exist....) A4 magazine advert that was in one of my Dandy comics circa 2005 (approx). I have it safely stored away, but I also have it scanned in as a photo. If its of any use to show anywhere?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122685

Re: Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge GBA - Magazine Advert

Post by Elite Piranha »

In the wiki there are some articles that show promo art/ads from magazines, so it would be great to have that scan uploaded to the wiki, specially if it is rare.
Sevy
Pti-lote

Post by Sevy »

I will definitely upload it later today for you, and you can decipher if its rare or not. I shall leave it your hands on wether or not you'd like to upload it there.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102725

Post by PluMGMK »

Come to think of it, if it was in the Dandy in 2005, I surely have it somewhere too! I now vaguely remember seeing it...
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

I for sure look forward to seeing it!
Sevy
Pti-lote

Post by Sevy »

PluMGMK wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:36 am Come to think of it, if it was in the Dandy in 2005, I surely have it somewhere too! I now vaguely remember seeing it...
Im not sure which issue it would be in though as so many are published in a year XD

Here you go guys ^^

Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

I personally prefer the ads that use unique artwork over the ones that reuse the box art, however it is always good to have these. Thanks for posting the image!
Sevy
Pti-lote

Post by Sevy »

Elite Piranha wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:01 pm I personally prefer the ads that use unique artwork over the ones that reuse the box art, however it is always good to have these. Thanks for posting the image!
Oh...flip..
I thought I wrote that in the first paragraph saying the box cover is used....I must have missed it off..... and likewise. But you're welcome all the same. ^^
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61820

Post by Droolie »

Thanks for posting the image!

It's cool to be able to see more of the cover here. It's the same exact render as on Rayman 3's US cover, except with the Heavy Metal Fists replaced with normal fists, the "r3" text on the foot removed and the background changed. This image makes it clear that even the black Lums in the background are unedited -- instead of blending into the new background, they still have the same dark blue hue as on the R3 cover and don't blend into the new turquoise background at all :p
Sevy
Pti-lote

Post by Sevy »

Droolie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:06 pm Thanks for posting the image!

It's cool to be able to see more of the cover here. It's the same exact render as on Rayman 3's US cover, except with the Heavy Metal Fists replaced with normal fists, the "r3" text on the foot removed and the background changed. This image makes it clear that even the black Lums in the background are unedited -- instead of blending into the new background, they still have the same dark blue hue as on the R3 cover and don't blend into the new turquoise background at all :p
Its all bit random isnt it XD
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

Droolie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:06 pm This image makes it clear that even the black Lums in the background are unedited -- instead of blending into the new background, they still have the same dark blue hue as on the R3 cover and don't blend into the new turquoise background at all :p
Well spotted! I would never have noticed that, but now you mention it it's really obvious. But hey, this even made it into the box art, so I guess nobody at Ubisoft or their marketing partners noticed it either. :P