Is there a dutch version of raywiki?

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Domnibus
Reine Ptizêtre
Tings: 4775

Is there a dutch version of raywiki?

Post by Domnibus »

On the normal raywiki, you can choose between languages, but dutch is not one of them.
On the homepage of RPC, there are 4 buttons at the top of the screen (on mobile), one of them is "raywiki". If i click that button, a dutch version of raywiki appears: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/nl/Hoofdpagina

Is this version just not included in the list of languages you can choose from on raywiki, or is it something old that is not relevant anymore?
Ha kyudukc ma, titrijodukc tlhu :fou:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Re: Is there a dutch version of raywiki?

Post by Hunchman801 »

There is, officially, no Dutch version of RayWiki.

Its creation was discussed several times since the inception of RayWiki over 13 years ago, but the project always failed to materialize due to low involvement from the native speakers, owing, most likely, to the fact that they already speak perfect English and never saw the point in duplicating content they could already understand.

What you found are the remains of an aborted attempt, which I've been meaning to delete for years, so thanks for reminding me, I'll try to take it down ASAP. That is, unless a seriously motivated person shows up and commits to writing a strong content base for the wiki, but time has taught me better than to expect a Dutch wiki to ever become a reality. :mrgreen:
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

What's with the " :boon: " emoticon on the RayWiki logo for that one, though? 😛
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 609359

Post by Hunchman801 »

It was just to distinguish it from the "official" wikis, but it's gone now so I hope you enjoyed it. :P
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

RIP unborn Dutch wiki, may your spirit carry on.