Rayman (Game Boy Color)

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 595564

Re: Rayman (Game Boy Color)

Post by Hunchman801 »

No problem, I've been quite busy too and only just found the time to update the bat article.

On a side note, if you ever lay your hands a proper scanner and can assemble a neat PDF of the GBC manual, that would be fantastic for the wiki. As you can see, it is in high demand. :mrgreen:
RaymanM64
Mouru
Tings: 3945

Post by RaymanM64 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:40 pm No problem, I've been quite busy too and only just found the time to update the bat article.

On a side note, if you ever lay your hands a proper scanner and can assemble a neat PDF of the GBC manual, that would be fantastic for the wiki. As you can see, it is in high demand. :mrgreen:
This is your lucky day!
I HAVE A SCANNER! I CAN DO THIS!!!
JE SUIS DE RETOUR ! Ca va péter des bulles !
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Perfect, I certainly like a lucky day. :mrgreen:
RaymanM64
Mouru

Post by RaymanM64 »

I took the time to scan ALL the pages of my old Rayman 1 manual on GBC (sorry for the quality of some of the pages that have aged badly)
I put it on my Mediafire because the attachments here only allow 3Mb max ( and my PDF is 8Mb ) .

THE LINK OF THE MANUAL : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zq7g5wot ... l.pdf/file

I hope it will be ok , if not , let me know !

I'm also looking for Droolie to update the OST playlist of Rayman 1 on GBC
Rayman Saturn
Ptizêtre du Feu
Tings: 4265

Post by Rayman Saturn »

RaymanM64 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pm I took the time to scan ALL the pages of my old Rayman 1 manual on GBC (sorry for the quality of some of the pages that have aged badly)
I put it on my Mediafire because the attachments here only allow 3Mb max ( and my PDF is 8Mb ) .

THE LINK OF THE MANUAL : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zq7g5wot ... l.pdf/file

Awesome! That's exactly what we needed! Thanks a lot for going through the effort of scanning all of it! :mrgreen:

This also made me realise that one of the carnivorous plants can be seen in the picture of Ancient Forest (in the Game Boy Color of the part named "3. THE GAME"), which for some reason is more zoomed out in the French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch versions of it (which also made me notice that they used the Spanish flag in pages 29 and 31 of the Nederlands section :hap: ).
That means that enemy could have been originally intended for this world (which could explain its overall lack of enemies and new content), or maybe most or all of the other forests! There's just so much that has been changed in the final game! :shock: (Or maybe all of these are just mockups and we didn't actually miss anything, but I still wish we got some of this stuff in the actual game :noel: )
From what can be seen, the Blowing Fuffy also appears different and more detailed and cartoonish!

Speaking of which, I should really get to work on these plants' article... I'll try to see if I can find some time in a few days! :oops2:
RaymanM64 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pmI'm also looking for Droolie to update the OST playlist of Rayman 1 on GBC
And seconding this!
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
PluMGMK
Estellia
Tings: 20570

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:54 pm (which also made me notice that they used the Spanish flag in pages 29 and 31 of the Nederlands section :hap: ).
:facepalm:
Rayman Saturn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:54 pm(Or maybe all of these are just mockups and we didn't actually miss anything, but I still wish we got some of this stuff in the actual game :noel: )
Like the picture of Skops in the Dream Forest or the Bomb Pirate in a non-boss level :hap:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

RaymanM64 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pm THE LINK OF THE MANUAL : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zq7g5wot ... l.pdf/file

Thanks a lot, the manual has been uploaded to the wiki. Now we've just got to add it to the article. :)

Edit: it's done.
RaymanM64
Mouru

Post by RaymanM64 »

Glad to have helped you all! :D

I know, it's a little message x) But well, if I can help the wiki and the forum then I bring my little help ~